Buffalo Old Home Week

Guffalo

I just read an article in today's WSJ about Buffalo's old home week, I don't have a login, but if anyone has one, please post the article.

Base of the artiicle talks about trying to lure ex-Buffalonians to return and using next week as a designated week to show off the city. They claimed ex-Buffalonians were culled from many lists including Bills Backers lists.

Funny, I am listed a few times on Bills backers, I feel shamed that I wasnt invited :)

What's [unintentionally] sad about the article is that it neglects two things: jobs and taxes.

What good is a 10-minute commute if there's no job to commute to?

745575[/snapback]

Why would they include that in an article that is about returning to Buffalo.....go !@#$ yourself! :)

"You can't go home again! You can't recover the past!"-Thomas Wolfe

Do the organizers think people can support themselves on good memories and nostalgia?

It's all about good jobs, safe streets and reasonable taxes and unless the politicians make some moves in that direction they could call it Old Broken Home Week! :)

Tammy Bialek-Lehrer, 34, left Buffalo in 1994, and has been a Las Vegas-style showgirl overseas. Now a chiropractor in Evanston, Ill., she vows to move back to Buffalo next year and hopes attending Old Home Week will inspire her. "I feel a void no other city can fill," she says.

:)

Wow. Read through that and go homesick in a minute. They make it sound like the problems are over and it's safe to go back, though. After reading that, I was tempted to try and talk my wife into it again. Then I remembered I'd like 32k a year at a job that would be 96k here in Atlanta.

Tammy Bialek-Lehrer, 34, left Buffalo in 1994, and has been a Las Vegas-style showgirl overseas. Now a chiropractor in Evanston, Ill., she vows to move back to Buffalo next year and hopes attending Old Home Week will inspire her. "I feel a void no other city can fill," she says.

<_<

745848[/snapback]

She needs a whole city to fill her void? Wow, are you sure she was a showgirl, that is some biggass void if she needs a whole damn city to fill it!