Blue collar. That's what this team looks like...

Tipster19

We're no high octane offense like the Rams once were , or still are, who knows?. Are we the one one dimensional Ravens from a few years back? I don't think so. No, I think that we are more in the flavor of the Steelers (egad, did I say that ?!!!), and that's ok. What's wrong with a team that resembles the region that they represent? I'll tell you what, nothing! Before anyone jumps down my throat, I'm not predicting a SuperBowl this year just a solid team on both sides of the ball. That's right, I said a solid team.

I believe in this administration and in what they are doing. We are not talking about a stranger here, we're talking about Marv Levy. There's two things about him that separates him from any other candidate that was available for us. First, he's got Buffalo's best interest at heart. He's not here for his benefit, he's here for this organization and community. Nothing to prove and nothing to gain. Marv is one of us, so is Bebee, so is Talley and so is Tasker. There's a story that I once read about Bebee. He stated that as soon as the SuperBowl concluded and he started to look around to absorb the moment, his immediate thoughts went to how he wished that this scene, this feeling could be felt for Buffalo and it's fans. That's who this organization is aqnd that's whom I am. So either you're in or you're out. I'm in!

One other note, I believe Levy sees something here other than those points that I stated. He sees a team that's not too far off the beaten path. Tuna has made a legend for himself with a team like ours. I'm not taking anything away from the old Fat Fish but other than his stint for the Giants the guy has made a living out of picking up a team that has fallen on hard times. Matter of fact he's doing it now.

Secondly, Marv knows football. How many years has he been at it? From George Allen to the USFL to four consecutive efforts in the SuperBowl. I'm not crediting Levy with the talent that was assembled on those four SuperBowl teams, that was Polian and Butler/Smith, but he managed it. Don't believe me, ask Polian what he thinks of Marv. The staff that Marv has assembled for us is going to make us proud, I promise you.

I don't want to be delusional but at the same time I believe in our staff. We're not talking strangers here, we're talking about one of our own. So for all the Sal MORONaras out there, go write for another paper and go talk about another team. We don't want ya and we don't need ya.

PS. For anyone who wants to respond negatively to this post, don't bother. This IS a Bills' messageboard, others need not apply.

For a football team to be what I consider "blue collar," they need players (Speilmann being the best example that comes to mind) who will simply go out there and kick ass.

As bad as things may appear, we DO have a couple of guys who look like they can do this. Peters and my man Williams (OK, it is early) come to mind. Fletcher is mean to the point that he is almost a "dirty player," and I say this in a good way. A healthy Spikes is an ass-kicker. It would be great if Whittner has a nasty streak, but I just don't know.

Special teams is where one can see the true Blue Collar Bills. I will be pissed if Aiken is cut. If the Bills even approach .500, it will be because of players like Haggan, Stamer and the rest of that unit, and I really believe this.

I would not be at all surprised if the Bills Special Teams win us 2 or 3 games this season.