Here's my Training Camp Report from today, 8/15/06

Mike32282

We are now on Day 16 of Buffalo Bills Training Camp. There is less than only six practices left at St. John Fisher. The players again came out wearing full pads and had some full contact drills. The Buffalo Bills practiced on the grass fields today. The weather was perfect, no rain for a change and it wasn't uncomfortably hot like it has been. There was also a pretty nice turnout from the fans. As for the practice, the team worked on the individual drills, special teams, 7-on-7, and the full team 11-on-11 drills.

The Buffalo Bills did some stretching and then individual drill, just like every other day. Next, they went to work on special teams. Like always, Head Coach Dick Jauron gave Bobby April quite a bit of time to work on special teams. This time the unit worked on covering and defending punt returns. Roscoe Parrish, Jonathan Smith, Nate Clements and Jim Leonhard fielded the punts.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the article

I will upload the photos to the gallery tomorrow morning when I get home from work.  Sorry I haven't done one of these lately.  I've been very busy with work and stuff.

744127[/snapback]

Thanks for the report. It is nice to hear the starters stayed to work with JP. Hopefully a sign that some chemistry is developing. From your report it sounds like the Bills have chosen their man. I sure hope he steps up this year.

I had the opportunity to meet Mike a few weeks ago at training camp. He is very passionate about his reports on the Bills. We are fortunate to have somebody who is very "engaged' in doing this type of work and I wish I had people on my staff with the same mindset. Like I said to you before, Mike follow your dream and don't look back !! BTW we were right about Jeff Posey and I think Coy Wire is next on the block

As always, thanks for the great reports! Especially glad to hear that TA has been bumped from the 1st team. Tonights the first chance I have had to go over the game from Saturday and he was constantly getting pushed out of the way or on his butt. Play the other kids and see what they have got to offer. I have seen enough of TA.

I will upload the photos to the gallery tomorrow morning when I get home from work.  Sorry I haven't done one of these lately.  I've been very busy with work and stuff.

744127[/snapback]

Thanks Mike, as always, much appreciated. Quit apologizing fer chrissakes though, we are beholden. :blush:

Mike once again thanks for a great report. For those of us who do not make the trek to St. John's regularly or at all your updates and photos provide great info and give a feel of being there.

The only rule I have for reports (media or the more believable reports not driven by the profit motive) is do not single-source for news. One of the unfortunate things about our society is that folks seem to gravitate toward sources in information exclusively which confirm their previous beliefs.

I like hearing conflicting versions and beliefs in reports and then deciding for myself what makes more sense usally based on what folks leave out or choose to emphasize to confirm their pre-existing beleifs.

I find this works well on the Bills front where between your great reports, other contributions on TSW, Two Bills Drive, the occaisional scuttlebutt from the traditional media, and what the Bills actually do (rather than what they say since their reports clearly are mediated by their effort to make a buck), i feel like I have more of a sense of figuring out reality.

I think your reports are great because even though you obviously have your favorite players, you do seem to make a pretty good effort to be unbiased in your reports.

However, I am interested and would love to get your comments on your report and how Bill's Daily reported on the very same practice.

Both of you reported that JP struggled a bit today. However, Bill's Baily led with this point and emphasized it while you mentioned late in your report where you usually give your opinions and reactions rather than typifying his performance.

Which emphasis do you think is more legit. I get the impression that you are a JP fan (one of the reasons I have appreciated your reports is that generally you do not seem to alter or choose the facts based on your hopes and wishes). The Bills Daily more negative take is supported with a numeric count of passes completed which does seem to support their contention that it was a pretty bad day for JP.

Do you have additional thoughts on JPs performance?

A couple things:

Tim Anderson is really starting to look like another TD bust. He was pushed all over the field saturday night. At this point I would be happy with him being a servicable backup. Hopefully Mcgargo & Williams continue to improve, we are going to need them this year.

One last thing, I stated this before TC even started, but it is looking more & more like Simpson is going to be in the starting lineup sooner rather then later. If Baker could show that he could hold down the fort until KO is ready, Vincent gets cut. Im tired of his act anyways.

Awesome.  Great job(as usual).

Thanks. :lol:

744131[/snapback]

No problem! Thanks for the compliment. :lol:

Thanks for the report.  It is nice to hear the starters stayed to work with JP.  Hopefully a sign that some chemistry is developing.  From your report it sounds like the Bills have chosen their man.  I sure hope he steps up this year.

744133[/snapback]

I hope so too. I am very impressed with the way he has matured this year and has changed his game. He is definitely developing. Hopefully, he will be as good as I think.

Thanks!

Troy Vincent is injured? Already? :blush:

I'm with you, it's KO TIME! :blush:

744134[/snapback]

Yeah, Vincent was on the sideline in shorts for the last couple days. I don't know what he did, but he was resting.

I had the opportunity to meet Mike a few weeks ago at training camp. He is very passionate about his reports on the Bills. We are fortunate to have somebody who is very "engaged' in doing this type of work and I wish I had people on my staff with the same mindset. Like I said to you before,  Mike follow your dream and don't look back !! BTW we were right about Jeff Posey and I think Coy Wire is next on the block

744157[/snapback]

Thanks! It was nice meeting you too. :doh:

Coy Wire is toast, especially now that he's hurt.

Great report! Thanks so much for the update. Down here in FL I have shut off the sports radio because I'm already sick of the Bucs & Fins.

744166[/snapback]

Glad you like it. :lol:

I know that this has been mentioned before, but I just want to reiterate how much those of us who can't make it to training camp (especially those of us living on the left coast) appreciate your reports. It's one of the things I look forward to reading every day.

744184[/snapback]

Thanks again for the comments. I really appreciate it and am glad you guys can enjoy the reports.

As always, thanks for the great reports!  Especially glad to hear that TA has been bumped from the 1st team.  Tonights the first chance I have had to go over the game from Saturday and he was constantly getting pushed out of the way or on his butt.  Play the other kids and see what they have got to offer.  I have seen enough of TA.

744186[/snapback]

Good point about Tim Anderson. He has struggled a bit at camp, and really got beat bad in the game.

MIke, thanks for the report

744187[/snapback]

No problem.

Thanks Mike, as always, much appreciated.  Quit apologizing fer chrissakes though, we are beholden. :)

744195[/snapback]

Thanks. I felt bad that I didn't do any reports last week, but it's hard to do a report for the night practice. Especially when I gotta work right after it.

You are the best mikey!

744210[/snapback]

Thanks. B-)

Troy Vincent injured? Theres a shocker  :rolleyes:

I hope KO shows more ballhawking ability and we can be done with Mr. Vincent  :w00t:

744215[/snapback]

Ko has shown a knack for getting to the ball and making the play. I love when I see so far. But I wouldn't cut Vincent. He's a solid mentor for this young secondary and will help them develop.

Mike once again thanks for a great report.  For those of us who do not make the trek to St. John's regularly or at all your updates and photos provide great info and give a feel of being there.

The only rule I have for reports (media or the more believable reports not driven by the profit motive) is do not single-source for news.  One of the unfortunate things about our society is that folks seem to gravitate toward sources in information exclusively which confirm their previous beliefs. 

I like hearing conflicting versions and beliefs in reports and then deciding for myself what makes more sense usally based on what folks leave out or choose to emphasize to confirm their pre-existing beleifs.

I find this works well on the Bills front where between your great reports, other contributions on TSW, Two Bills Drive, the occaisional scuttlebutt from the traditional media, and what the Bills actually do (rather than what they say since their reports clearly are mediated by their effort to make a buck), i feel like I have more of a sense of figuring out reality.

I think your reports are great because even though you obviously have your favorite players, you do seem to make a pretty good effort to be unbiased in your reports.

However, I am interested and would love to get your comments on your report and how Bill's Daily reported on the very same practice.

Both of you reported that JP struggled a bit today.  However, Bill's Baily led with this point and emphasized it while you mentioned late in your report where you usually give your opinions and reactions rather than typifying his performance.

Which emphasis do you think is more legit.  I get the impression that you are a JP fan (one of the reasons I have appreciated your reports is that generally you do not seem to alter or choose the facts based on your hopes and wishes).  The Bills Daily more negative take is supported with a numeric count of passes completed which does seem to support their contention that it was a pretty bad day for JP.

744232[/snapback]

Thanks very much for the comments. :rolleyes: I'll try to to answer your questions.

I guess we didn't lead to it, because it wasn't a huge deal. JP has struggled at times at camp and I've seen worse. There as other things to emphasize than just how he looked with his passes. I am a JP fan. I have liked him since when he first came here and find myself liking him as a player more each day. I truely believe that he is developing and getting better each practice. It's nice to see him grow and mature.

Mike once again thanks for a great report.  For those of us who do not make the trek to St. John's regularly or at all your updates and photos provide great info and give a feel of being there.

The only rule I have for reports (media or the more believable reports not driven by the profit motive) is do not single-source for news.  One of the unfortunate things about our society is that folks seem to gravitate toward sources in information exclusively which confirm their previous beliefs. 

Both of you reported that JP struggled a bit today.  However, Bill's Baily led with this point and emphasized it while you mentioned late in your report where you usually give your opinions and reactions rather than typifying his performance.

Which emphasis do you think is more legit.  I get the impression that you are a JP fan (one of the reasons I have appreciated your reports is that generally you do not seem to alter or choose the facts based on your hopes and wishes).  The Bills Daily more negative take is supported with a numeric count of passes completed which does seem to support their contention that it was a pretty bad day for JP.

744232[/snapback]

While Mike's reports are great, it has been obvious from the start he is a JP supporter.