Milloy fighting w/team mates

merlin

Milloy, Crumpler, Hall among Falcons camp fighters

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- The broiling tedium of training camp finally made the Atlanta Falcons snap.

Veteran Lawyer Milloy was among several players to lose his temper in the oppressive August heat Monday morning. DeAngelo Hall, Matt Lehr, Adam Jennings and Alge Crumpler were seething, too.

"This is football, and as long as it don't translate into the things in the locker room, everything will be fine," Milloy said. "In my 11 years, this has been one of the toughest, if not the toughest, training camp in my career. You have to expect tempers to flare."

Milloy's fight with Lehr escalated so quickly at the end of an 11-on-11 drill that the 32-year-old strong safety quickly found himself lying face-up on the bottom of a huge pile of players.

"This is the part of camp where things start to wear on you," Milloy said. "In the end, though, you've just got to remember what color jersey the other guy's wearing."

Camp brawls are awesome. I think an NFL coach would have to be fairly upset if there wasn't at least one bruhaha during TC.

I was at the track in Saratoga last year, with my buddy from Florida who is a big Jets fan. One afternoon we went to SUNY-Albany where the NYG hold training camp to see the Jets-Giants scrimmage. A huge brawl broke out, it was fantastic! It's so funny to watch the elderly refs and coaches continuously blow their whistles, but nobody REALLY wants to jump in with those animals. It went on for quite a few minutes.

If you have some vets on the squad who have seen all of this before (like Milloy) and can squash the differences quickly after the fistacuffs, I think it can be pretty healthy. Shows the boys are ready to go.

Does all this mean that our camps aren't tough enough?

743845[/snapback]

Actually, if you read the report from yesterday's camp, there was an awful lot of extracurricular hitting going on. Nothing that escalated into a fight, obviously, but I think there's a lot of truth to Milloy's comment that the guys are tired and edgy and ultimately you can explode.

Milloy, Crumpler, Hall among Falcons camp fighters

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- The broiling tedium of training camp finally made the Atlanta Falcons snap.

f camp where things start to wear on you," Milloy said. "In the end, though, you've just got to remember what color jersey the other guy's wearing."

743793[/snapback]

He was bruttal with us. What a bust FA. Rbs were carrying the guy 5 yards -- he was like a rodeo midget out there. And having Vincent next to him was commical. I could rush for 100 yrd versus those two bums. In NE -- lawyer had that great front play behind. He was exposed in Buffalo and I don't see how he fits into Mora's D in Atlanta...

He was bruttal with us.  What a bust FA.  Rbs were carrying the guy 5 yards --  he was like a rodeo midget out there.  And having Vincent next to him was commical.  I could rush for 100 yrd versus those two bums.  In NE -- lawyer had that great front play behind.  He was exposed in Buffalo and I don't see how he fits into Mora's D in Atlanta...

744091[/snapback]

He will do OK....The Falcons have a much better D-line than the bills.

Starting DEs are : Pass rushers John Abraham (from the Jets) and Patrick Kerney (54 sacks in 8 years)

Starting DTs are: Rod Coleman (10.5 sacks last year),

Starting DEs are : Pass rushers John Abraham (from the Jets) and Patrick Kerney (54 sacks in 8 years)

744495[/snapback]

A good front four doesn't hide the fact that he can't cover anybody. He's just not very good and hasn't been for quite a few years.

The Bills' run defense was so pathetic that Milloy didn't really get to play safety -- he was constantly lined up at the line of scrimmage as almost a 4th linebacker. That's not the way you utilize a safety with good instincts to the ball.

I trust the evalutations of guys like Rich McKay and Jim Mora, who have actually WON in this league.

He was bruttal with us.  What a bust FA.  Rbs were carrying the guy 5 yards --  he was like a rodeo midget out there.  And having Vincent next to him was commical.  I could rush for 100 yrd versus those two bums.  In NE -- lawyer had that great front play behind.  He was exposed in Buffalo and I don't see how he fits into Mora's D in Atlanta...

744091[/snapback]

A good front four doesn't hide the fact that he can't cover anybody.  He's just not very good and hasn't been for quite a few years.

744540[/snapback]

I actually thought that our D improved, once he came back from his thumb

injury....

The Falcons have a good pass-rushing D-line, but they're HORRIBLE at rush defense. They were tied for last in YPC last year and didn't do a single THING to improve it this off-season (except sign Milloy :rolleyes: ).

I appreciated what Milloy did for the Bills early-on, but his best days are behind him.