C'mon, admit it. You jumped for joy when...

LevysEraII

I didnt jump for joy but it just confirmed to me that Holcolmb is the worst qb out of the 3 & gives us the least chance of winning now & in the future. I think I could throw the ball farther then he can & I just had rotator cuff surgery in March.

As far Losman, he made some good throws, he made some bad throws, but the one real positive I took from his game saturday night was for the most part his decision making was solid & his pocket presence seemed to improve from last year. Hopefully he continues to improve.

The worst thing about Holcolm's INT for me was that it looked exactly like the ones Losman threw during the regular season. For awhile he threw one per game, mercifully seeing the defenders drop about half of them.

The best thing (silver lining) is that this KH performance provides more support for JPL, who I think has an equal chance to lead us to victory in week 1, but who may actually grow into more than just a stopgap role player. I am happy to see JP becoming the favorite, but would feel much better if I saw we had a solid backup waiting in the wings.

Then why did Jauron put in Kingsbury with the game on the line?  He obviously didn't place much meaning on getting the W.

742955[/snapback]

I'm not sure I get your point. The point of my post was to say I disagree with Jauron and your response is that Jauron disagrees with me?

I'll admit it - I was a bit happy to see that pick.

I don't think I'm a bad fan and I don't think it means that I like to root against my favorite team.

What it means is that things are so messed up and pathetic I don't trust the organization to do the right thing and decide once and for all whether JP is the guy or whether we have to start all over again.

Face it - the good of the team was sacrificed for the good of the coaching staff and a few more wins last season when they lost their nerve to let JP play and paniced (thankfully Cincy let Palmer play a full season instead of canning him after 8 pretty shaky games). What did the decision to go with Holcomb get us? Nothing - we didn't make the playoffs, TD (and Mularkey, by extension) lost their jobs, and we found ourselves with a draft pick a few worse that where we would have been without a couple more wins.

Sad to say, but at this point what would make me happy isn't winning 10 games, isn't even finishing at .500. It would be being patient enough to understand where we are in terms of QB and watching a guy become a solid QB (best case) or show he doesn't have it (worst case).

The fans knew what had to be done last season, but the organization refused to do the right thing in a an attempt to win some meaningless games and minimize fan discontent - it had just the opposite effect on me and I want that to change this year.

I'm not sure I get your point.  The point of my post was to say I disagree with Jauron and your response is that Jauron disagrees with me?

743112[/snapback]

My point is that the coach might know a little bit more about what his team needs than you or I. If the coach doesn't place that much emphasis on winning, I'm trusting him to know more than we fans do.

The worst thing about Holcolm's INT for me was that it looked exactly like the ones Losman threw during the regular season.  For awhile he threw one per game, mercifully seeing the defenders drop about half of them.

The best thing (silver lining) is that this KH performance provides more support for JPL, who I think has an equal chance to lead us to victory in week 1, but who may actually grow into more than just a stopgap role player.  I am happy to see JP becoming the favorite, but would feel much better if I saw we had a solid backup waiting in the wings.

743039[/snapback]

With Holcomb and Nall, I think the Bills have very solid back-ups.

My point is that the coach might know a little bit more about what his team needs than you or I.  If the coach doesn't place that much emphasis on winning, I'm trusting him to know more than we fans do.

743234[/snapback]

Not this tired old line again. Just because a certain coach makes a decision (and he definitely knows more than me about football) doesn't mean another coach wouldn't agree with my point of view, unless of course you think every coach in the NFL and college football agrees with the decision Jauron made?

I guess you should go ahead and stop posting on the board as we already know your every opinion...it will always be the same as whoever the current coach of the Bills is.