C'mon, admit it. You jumped for joy when...

LevysEraII

I know I did. Round 1 goes to JP! ;) The only thing JP has to do now is perform well against Cincinnatti's #1's and the job is all his. By Week 3 in the exhibition, JP will be named starter, officially.

742616[/snapback]

All the 'QB competition' has shown up to now is that KH can't play a lick. Losman is a work in progress. Time to get started on the progress.

I was mad at KH at first....then I realized that it only brings about the logical conclusion in a more secure fashion. JP has to be the starter this year. And if KH 'fails' to win the job from JP then it further solidifies JP's standing as the man, with his teamates, with the fans, the coaches etc.

In conclusion:

KH INT. = grudging happiness?

Hell no I didn't jump for joy...I hate to see the Bills lose and I don't care who the QB is as long as the Bills win. If John Losman is the starter, fine...if he can be consistant and get the job done i'll be happy. If it's Holcomb I want the same thing...consistancy. If you jumped for joy to see an opponent take a pick for a TD then you SUCK. Even if it's pre-season as a Bills fan I don't see how that would make you happy.

The QB that wins should win because he played really well...not because the other just plain sucked.

GO BILLS.

Hell no I didn't jump for joy...I hate to see the Bills lose and I don't care who the QB is as long as the Bills win. If John Losman is the starter, fine...if he can be consistant and get the job done i'll be happy. If it's Holcomb I want the same thing...consistancy. If you jumped for joy to see an opponent take a pick for a TD then you SUCK. Even if it's pre-season as a Bills fan I don't see how that would make you happy.

The QB that wins should win because he played really well...not because the other just plain sucked.

GO BILLS.

742631[/snapback]

(applause)

Even though I want to see Losman start this year, I wish no ill to Kelly Holcomb or any other QB on the roster. Too many bad memories of the Flutie/Johnson mess, and its effect on the entire team...

(applause)

Even though I want to see Losman start this year, I wish no ill to Kelly Holcomb or any other QB on the roster. Too many bad memories of the Flutie/Johnson mess, and its effect on the entire team...

742640[/snapback]

I don't wish Holcomb ill will. I just want the coaching staff(Juaron) to come to their senses and realize KH is not a prospect to be a starting QB anywhere in the NFL, including Buffalo.

Nope, I didn't. I could care less about JP Losman or Kelly Holcomb outside of the fact that they're competing for the same position for my favorite team in my favorite sport. I have no real prefrence one way or the other. I'm void of emotional attachment to either one. I didnt draft JP Losman, nor did I go out and sign Kelly Holcomb. As long as one of the guys outright wins the job definitively and gives the bills the best shot at winning a superbowl trophy well that's all that matters. Neither guy has proved much of anything other then they're both equally bad in spurts and sometimes pretty good in spurts. Sad to say more bad then good. However under no circumstances will I willingly cheer for failure of a Bills player unless said player caused physical harm to myself, family or friends outside of the sport. May the best man win the qb competition ;)

GO BILLS.

742631[/snapback]

If this was a regular season game I wouldn't be happy about a Kelly Holcomb interception, but since he cannot lead this team anywhere, naturally I want JP to win the starting job.

If Holcomb wins the job you can expect a lot more of those noodle-armed interceptions, 5 yard dump passes on 3 & 15 and balls hitting the ground on third and eight. All of which happened against Carolina. Maybe THAT will make you jump for joy.

Nope, I didn't.  I could care less about JP Losman or Kelly Holcomb outside of the fact that they're competing for the same position for my favorite team in my favorite sport.  I have no real prefrence one way or the other.  I'm void of emotional attachment to either one.  I didnt draft JP Losman, nor did I go out and sign Kelly Holcomb.  As long as one of the guys outright wins the job definitively and gives the bills the best shot at winning a superbowl trophy well that's all that matters.  Neither guy has proved much of anything other then they're both equally bad in spurts and sometimes pretty good in spurts. Sad to say more bad then good. However under no circumstances will I willingly cheer for failure of a Bills player unless said player caused physical harm to myself, family or friends outside of the sport.  May the best man win the qb competition  ;)

742644[/snapback]

Great post!

I know I did. Round 1 goes to JP! ;) The only thing JP has to do now is perform well against Cincinnatti's #1's and the job is all his. By Week 3 in the exhibition, JP will be named starter, officially.

742616[/snapback]

Blah, I want JP to earn it, not be handed it. If JP threw 4 touchdowns.. then I would jump for joy.

GO BILLS.

742631[/snapback]

Well I dont think I suck, but I was a little bit happy when Holcomb got picked ... I want the better player behind center and if that involves an older and inferior QB doing poorly in a game that means absolutely nothing in the standings then so be it ... but I still dont think I suck.

I do have to admit, I was a little bit happy. I don't want KH guiding this team, and I don't really care about preseason final scores. Although an incomplete followed by a 40 yd run by Willis would have done just fine. No ill will to KH, but my warped-uninformed football fan knowledge leads me to believe that playing JP is the better move for the Bills, and I don't want Jauron to have any wiggle room to blow the decision.

However I would like to clarify, I was very glad Holcomb beat the Bengals last year even though some people considered it just a lower draft pick (D'Brick?). When the game counts, winning matters. Losing doesn't build character, but winning helps build winners.

742616[/snapback]

Ok what if JP doesn't play well against the Bengals' starters?

GO BILLS.

742631[/snapback]

You must think Marv & Dick Jauron suck too, because Marv never tried to win exhibition games and with a chance to win on Saturday, Jauron switched to Kingsbury rather than try to win the game.

It's pre-season, it's about player evaluation not winning & losing. It doesn't count. It's more important to not cut a future star by playing 10 future cuts of the 11 guys on the field than trying to win a meaningless game.

It's more important tyo keep your starters healthy than to win a damn pre-season game. Anyone can go 4-0 in preseason if they play their 1st stringers long enough against the other team's scrubs. Rich Kotite once went 5-0 in preseason & 1-15 when it counted. I guess you would have been on cloud nine that preseason if you were a Jets fan.

I agree that I was glad Holcomb threw the pick. It has nothing to do with Ill will towards him, or that i'm a "bad fan" for cheering something bad happening to the Bills. It has everything to do with Holcomb being a mediocre at best talent and his leadership of the team means only a further setback towards building a winner. I was glad to see the pick because it is a further confirmation that he lacks the skill set and aggressiveness to attack defenses. Holcomb being the opening day starter is bad for the Bills and I was cheering the fact that the pick reinforces he is wrong for the job.

I didn't jump for joy, it simply confirmed what I already new. Holcomb is not an NFL-caliber starting QB. They should pencil him in to the backup role today and let Losman get the bulk of the snaps, with Nall getting #2 reps when his hammy is healed. Regardless of who starts, Holcomb becomes the #2 on Sept. 10th.

Holcomb's INT was a horrible read, and it seems obvious that teams will start picking up on the fact that he always looks for the short receiver (see also: the lob to Shelton for 6 yds on 3rd & 15.) To make matters worse, his 7-yard out throws hang in the air forever. Granted JP had many more opportunities, and was not playing against the toughest defenders, but he showed he has the tools and the confidence to make plays. He definitely did not look as jittery as he did last year.

I would be upset and embarrassed for the franchise if I have to watch Kelly Holcomb as the starting QB this season.

You must think Marv & Dick Jauron suck too, because Marv never tried to win exhibition games and with a chance to win on Saturday, Jauron switched to Kingsbury rather than try to win the game. 

742743[/snapback]

Two totally different situations. With Marv and the team of the late 80's/ early 90's you had a veteran team that didn't need to learn how to win. This Bills team is young and every bit of confidence you can get them is important. These games aren't going to make or break their season but this team has to learn to win sometime, now is as good of time as any.

The whole "pre-season" is meaningless crowd goes a bit overboard. These games don't count in the win/loss columns but they do have plenty of meaning to them.

Two totally different situations.  With Marv and the team of the late 80's/ early 90's you had a veteran team that didn't need to learn how to win.  This Bills team is young and every bit of confidence you can get them is important.  These games aren't going to make or break their season but this team has to learn to win sometime, now is as good of time as any.

The whole "pre-season" is meaningless crowd goes a bit overboard.  These games don't count in the win/loss columns but they do have plenty of meaning to them.

742877[/snapback]

Then why did Jauron put in Kingsbury with the game on the line? He obviously didn't place much meaning on getting the W.