Losman is the starter ...

I suppose their will be about 10 of these same threads in the next few hours, so I figured I would start the first one. Is it just me or is the fact that Losman is playing 3/4 of the game any indication that Jauron is leaning towards Losman at all? In other words ... If Losman started the game I do not believe that Holcomb would be playing all of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. It seems as if Jauron may have made Holcomb the starter just so Losman could play this long ... ?

I suppose their will be about 10 of these same threads in the next few hours, so I figured I would start the first one. Is it just me or is the fact that Losman is playing 3/4 of the game any indication that Jauron is leaning towards Losman at all? In other words ... If Losman started the game I do not believe that Holcomb would be playing all of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. It seems as if Jauron may have made Holcomb the starter just so Losman could play this long ... ?

741928[/snapback]

I do think it is intentional that they are giving JP this playing time. This way, they can have a lot tape to go over stuff with him before he starts the next game against Cincy.

I'm not exactly sure if your right on but either way this is much needed mileage for losman on the football field to help get his jitters out. We will have to see what happens in the next game, if losman starts and plays 2 quaters then I would say that they are indeed giving him as much practice as possible and plan to have him under center in foxborough week 1.

Dont get me wrong ... I do understand that Jauron wants this open competition, yet I just wish that he would pick a starter before next Saturday, that way the starting QB (whomever he chooses - hopefully Losman) can just play 3/4 of the remaining three games. While I understand that this highly un-traditional with the starting QB usually playing 1 or 2 quarters at the most, I think with out situation which is already highly un-traditional we might as well just play the QB's as long as we can.

Yes the sooner he names Losman the starter the sooner JP can start taking most of the snaps and playing with the 1st string in pre-season games. 

Except with Nall coming back, if he looks decent, then it will STILL be a competition between him and JP.  Arrrrgh!

741963[/snapback]

To be completely honest, I wouldnt mind if Losman just played the entire game of the remaining three pre-season games. Screw injury probability ...

If Losman starts, will he only get 1 quarter?  Will Holcomb come in and play until 3 minutes left in the game?  Next week will be telling....

742019[/snapback]

Don't forget Nall, I bet he'll see some snaps.

If Losman starts, will he only get 1 quarter?  Will Holcomb come in and play until 3 minutes left in the game?  Next week will be telling....

742019[/snapback]

It'll be interesting to see how the Bills divide up the snaps this week in practice. Craig Nall's return to practice probably spells even more trouble for Holcomb, as the Bills will need to find practice and preseason game reps for him. Considering how much better Losman played and that he'll be starting next week, the Bills will very likely choose to rob more of Holcomb's practice and playing time for Nall instead of Losman's.

The bottomline is that once the games started, I don't think there was any room for error. There aren't enough snaps to go around to maintain a 3 QB competition and ensure that they're all being properly prepared.

Had Nall been healthy Losman would have been out in the fourth quarter. I think Jauron saw all of Holcomb he needed to , which is why he pulled him when he did. On the other hand, he knows that Losman can only benefit from getting a lot of reps. He got more relaxed and confident as he continued to play. I think think Kingsbury is in the Bills' plans, so there was no reason to make sure he got a certain number of reps. My own opinion is that Kingsbury probably has at least as much talent as Kelly Holcomb and could develop into a pretty solid backup.

I agree that next week will be very interesting, particularly how Jauron handles Holcomb. I think though that with Nall's availability, he'll probably get the final quarter. If Losman plays pretty well in the starter's role and Holcomb continues to blow horse kaka, there is at least a slight chance Holcomb will be cut at the end of training camp and Kingsbury retained.

Had Nall been healthy Losman would have been out in the fourth quarter.  I think Jauron saw all of Holcomb he needed to , which is why he pulled him when he did.  On the other hand, he knows that Losman can only benefit from getting a lot of reps.  He got more relaxed and confident as he continued to play.  I think think Kingsbury is in the Bills' plans, so there was no reason to make sure he got a certain number of reps.  My own opinion is that Kingsbury probably has at least as much talent as Kelly Holcomb and could develop into a pretty solid backup. 

I agree that next week will be very interesting, particularly how Jauron handles Holcomb.  I think though that with Nall's availability, he'll probably get the final quarter.  If Losman plays pretty well in the starter's role and Holcomb continues to blow horse kaka, there is at least a slight chance Holcomb will be cut at the end of training camp and Kingsbury retained.

742040[/snapback]

Thats not too bad of a thought. Its hard to believe that the starting QB going into training camp may be cut ... but its not a terrible option. Losman>Nall>Kingsbury wouldnt be the end of the world as far depth chart goes.

Holcomb looked rough. I know he played against the starting Carolina D but I can't imagine anyone looking worse than he did tonight. I think Nall with his blown hammy probably could have mustered 4 or so 3 and outs and a pick for a TD.

742022[/snapback]

I'm not sure Nall, or any other QB for that matter, could have thrown that pick for a TD. :D

I only saw a few drives that they showed on the NFL Network around the leauge coverage...I don't want to make the mistake of getting too excited about JP's performance (he has looked good before in preseason)...I think tonights' game (of course without seeing it in its' entirety yet) said more about Holcomb and his compatibility with the new offense, than it did Losmans' development...what I saw of JP, he looked a little more decisive, but, like early last season, something looks funny about the ball when it comes out of his hands...I can't explain it, it just doesn't look like a smooth delivery to me...

I only saw a few drives that they showed on the NFL Network around the leauge coverage...I don't want to make the mistake of getting too excited about JP's performance (he has looked good before in preseason)...I think tonights' game (of course without seeing it in its' entirety yet) said more about Holcomb than it did Losmans' development...what I saw of JP, he looked a little more decisive, but, like early last season, something looks funny about the ball when it comes out of his hands...I can't explain it, it just doesn't look like a  smooth delivery to me...

742066[/snapback]

You get the NFL Network? With time warner?

:D