Who was the cancer...

BoondckCL

The problem with Kelly Holcomb is that he is not comfortable with being the backup.  And he believes that no matter what, he should be the starter.  He's the one who got Moulds and some other vets to speak up for him.  And Mularkey didn't have the balls to shut them up.

740571[/snapback]

This is exactly the type of stuff that people need to know to credibly make the claim that olcomb is in fact a cancer. Since if one could not provide evidence of these occurences which you obviously can or your thought would be nothing more than the usual fact-free opinion and blather then you can be the source for the quotes and objective evidence of Holcomb's perfidy.

I look forward to you providing this objective evidence so I can join you in heaping blame on Holcomb for being a cancer.

It will be great when you guide us to this objective evidence since afterall if you can't provide it then the appropriate response to the contention that Holcomb is a cancer is simply laughter.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#1. Sam Adams. He started to go that way in '04 until Mularkey benched him. last year he went for the Full Monty. He malingered all year rather than be a positive veteran leader he was the opposite.

#2. Mike Williams. Same deal, his attitude was crap, he was one of the supposed leaders of the offense and his lackadaisical attitude rubbed off on others.

People who don't care are just as bad, or worse, than those who mouth off. I wouldn't ever say Moulds because he played his ass off at the end of the year when it meant nothing.

I'm not 100% sure if you can place blame on Mularkey anymore.

THERE! I SAID IT.

The main reasoning here is that i think Mularkey is a compitent coach and i believe that - if we get into the administrative and coaching debate - as a coach you ask for certain needs to be filled via the draft and free agency. I don't think that you can place blame on Mularkey mainly because i don't think he was given the guys he needed to run his system.

For example, i think this is clear in terms of McNally and the offensive line. I think McNally said "get me some guys and let me work with them". Well, Donahoe then turns to the draft and gives him someone like Mike Williams. Is that McNally's fault, no. It is in no way a reflection of someone's coaching technique or their ability as a coach. Instead the blame should fall on the front office.

There is no comment for Tom Clements' terrible play calling.

740525[/snapback]

Umm...MM took away Clements play calling early in the season and only gave it back partially towards the end.

So that "terrible" play calling was the result of the "compitent coaching ability" of MM.

Just one vote for Eric Moulds? I'll add a second. He was the most vocal, aggitating for Holcomb to start. He's always had a selfhish streak. Not as bad as TO, but when he's not getting the ball, he starts complaining. He likes the label of "team leader," but deep down he's very much a "me guy."

Got to be MM. Many others caused trouble when MM lost control of the team and the coaches, but MM should have maintained control. He was indcecisive, vacillating and more and more isolated as the year progressed. I gotta give him the trophy, even though a lot of people would compete for runner up.

Just one vote for Eric Moulds?  I'll add a second.  He was the most vocal, aggitating for Holcomb to start.  He's always had a selfhish streak.  Not as bad as TO, but when he's not getting the ball, he starts complaining.  He likes the label of "team leader," but deep down he's very much a "me guy."

740739[/snapback]

I think he got it from his buddy Doug Flutie!

The whole coaching staff for creating the contoversy starting in training camp last year by not even having a competition for the starting QB job. That split our whole locker room from day one.

740609[/snapback]

We have a BINGO!

To say that JP sucked last season is to simply ignore the fact that the front ofc and coaches put him in a position to fail - right from the start.

Eric Moulds

740649[/snapback]

Eric Moulds has been holding back a talented WR corp for many years. I am looking forward to seeing this group shine this year!!!

Deep in the heart of Texas is a disgruntled Eric Meould!!!

I think that is a new record people, it took 34 posts before someone mentioned Coy Wire as being a serious cancer on this team.

741022[/snapback]

I know it's cliche, but I'm still new, this is my first time being the first one getting to blame him on a thread. :devil:

I know there is no true answer here but i find it fun and sometimes interesting to designate a certain player with most of the blame for our losses.

I know it is not right to point out any one individual to take the blame for the Bills' record last year, but what player on the starting or rotating roster do you believe contributed the most to Buffalo's struggles?

740520[/snapback]

It was that idiot kicker...no, wait, that was the colts! :devil:

I doubt that's true, since Couch and Holcomb were (and still are) best friends.  Would you be best friends with a guy who was pulling that crap (don't answer that question if you're a woman)?

740562[/snapback]

Oh man, spend a day working where I do...people carry on here like they are the best of friends, put on presentations kissing eachothers' asses, so sick, you can't bare it....when push comes to shove though, they are all, for the most part, back-stabbing eachother at any opportunity they can, where it will be beneficial to themselves.

I am not saying I know that this is what is happening in Buffalo, with the Bills QB's, I am just saying that is what I heard from an avid Clevland Browns fanatic. I also remember, when the Bills obtained Holcomb, hearing something similar...

IMO, it is very possible that there is always going to be a little of this, when two people are competing for the same job. It is only human nature, and is probably even more pronounced in something as competitive as athletics.

I think that Holcomb is likely more of a professional, and a bit more mature than Flutie might have been, back in 1998...but I don't doubt that he really wants, and thinks he deserves, the starting QB role with the Bills.

Tom Donahoe was brain cancer

Eric Moulds was mouth cancer

Bennie Anderson was ass cancer

Mularkey was heart cancer

741138[/snapback]

Mike Williams would have been diagnosed with testicular cancer, if he had any!!!