Paging Kevin Everett....

5 Wide

A camp report. I haven't heard much of anything about this guy coming out of Pittsford. I keep hearing how Royal looks like much more than we thought we were getting and Cieslak is a beast. Everetts name has been glaringly absent. Is this guy going to be a player or is he taking his place in line with Mark Campbell, Tim Euhus, Bobby Collins, and Dave Moore as irrelevant TEs.

Is this guy going to be a player or is he taking his place in line with Mark Campbell, Tim Euhus, Bobby Collins, and Dave Moore as irrelevant TEs.

739169[/snapback]

I'm not even sure he belong in that line. At least they played here... <_<

A camp report.  I haven't heard much of anything about this guy coming out of Pittsford.  I keep hearing how Royal looks like much more than we thought we were getting and Cieslak is a beast.  Everetts name has been glaringly absent.  Is this guy going to be a player or is he taking his place in line with Mark Campbell, Tim Euhus, Bobby Collins, and Dave Moore as irrelevant TEs.

739169[/snapback]

the guy is coming off an ACL tear- be patient

the guy is coming off an ACL tear- be patient

739197[/snapback]

I do realize that. He is over a full year out of surgery however and based on other similar injuries, guys are back and rolling that far post-op. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt we are not even hearing about any "flashes" of him coming around or regaining his form. It's like he's invisible.

I do realize that.  He is over a full year out of surgery however and based on other similar injuries, guys are back and rolling that far post-op.  Even giving him the benefit of the doubt we are not even hearing about any "flashes" of him coming around or regaining his form.  It's like he's invisible.

739216[/snapback]

He is beginning to look and smell like another TD bust. It wouldn’t surprise me if gets cut.

He is beginning to look and smell like another TD bust. It wouldn’t surprise me if gets cut.

739232[/snapback]

[/quote/]

Hadn't considered him to be cut-bait up to now but if that enables the Bills to keep a more worthy candidate (like an extra WR, as in Nance) I'm all for it.

If the Bills O under Fairchild is truly going to be Arams East offense then one aspect of it will be far more use of the TE as a blocker and red zone receiver at most and little use of this player as a reciever in the open field. 4 WR and empty backfield sets are far more the likely use and Everett would have little use in such a set with the skill set which got him drafted by MM even if he were healthy.

Still there is some talk of the Bills using the TE as a recieving threat which would make sense as even if Fairchild is gonna go with Rams East, increased use of the TE would be one way he could make the offense his own.

Yet, even with increased TE usage having that increase be greater use of the TE as a safety valve and checkdown threat would be more likely than seeing use as a downfield threat and this fiits the block first but did set a personal record for receptions skill set of Royal than the undefined accomplishments of Everett.

The injury does make it to early to expect Everett to be fully back as Edgrrin James is an example of a player who suffered a severe knee injury who took a good year and half before he showed that he was actually gonna produce, but given that Everett was an MM choice, the scheme has moved away from his skills and well-regarded replacements like Royal and Cieslak are already in the house it does not look good for him.

His use and production in the first pre-season game will tell alot.

Wouldn't it be wise to see what he does on the field during games before we write the guy off?

As other posters have said, the guy also is coming off a serious injury.

739265[/snapback]

I'm not writing him off, i'm just looking for a sign of progress. When he was drafted we heard about what an athlete he was, good hands, actually faster than Kellen Winslow etc.....now I know that the injury may slow his athleticism temporarily and hinder those assets, even if he is almost a year and a half out of what was not a major tear. Point being is you hear daily updates on who's having a good camp or who had a good practice and he is MIA. I hope he lights it up in the preseason because we could really use his abilities but I question his viability with the Bills.

I've heard a couple brief pionts from camp saying good things about Everett (2 or 3 times total, all brief). I have not heard anything, however about Ryan Neufeld. I notice you didn't list him with the "irrelevant TEs" ( Mark Campbell, Tim Euhus, Bobby Collins, and Dave Moore). I can't imaging he has a real shot to make the team. I wonder if he'll retire.....

A camp report.  I haven't heard much of anything about this guy coming out of Pittsford.  I keep hearing how Royal looks like much more than we thought we were getting and Cieslak is a beast.  Everetts name has been glaringly absent.  Is this guy going to be a player or is he taking his place in line with Mark Campbell, Tim Euhus, Bobby Collins, and Dave Moore as irrelevant TEs.

739169[/snapback]

I read where Chris Brown speculates he is not fully healed yet from his ACL. He illustrates his point by noting how the calf on his injured leg is noticeably smaller than his other. He's probably still working his way back.

Nuff said.  It's funny how people on this board forget so quickly.

739367[/snapback]

No one forgot about that....although he is a year and a half out of what was not a major tear and didn't require reconstruction. That's enough time to start to regain your form and show something. The point wasn't that he should be an all star, the point is that nobody is talking about progress he's making (if any), things he's doing, etc. His seeming overall irrelevancy is what i'm questioning.

I've heard a couple brief pionts from camp saying good things about Everett (2 or 3 times total, all brief).  I have not heard anything, however about Ryan Neufeld.  I notice you didn't list him with the "irrelevant TEs" ( Mark Campbell, Tim Euhus, Bobby Collins, and Dave Moore).  I can't imaging he has a real shot to make the team.  I wonder if he'll retire.....

739379[/snapback]

Yes..Neufeld is also a prime candidate for that list

If the Bills O under Fairchild is truly going to be Arams East offense then one aspect of it will be far more use of the TE as a blocker and red zone receiver at most and little use of this player as a reciever in the open field.  4 WR and empty backfield sets are far more the likely use and Everett would have little use in such a set with the skill set which got him drafted by MM even if he were healthy.

Still there is some talk of the Bills using the TE as a recieving threat which would make sense as even if Fairchild is gonna go with Rams East, increased use of the TE would be one way he could make the offense his own.

Yet, even with increased TE usage having that increase be greater use of the TE as a safety valve and checkdown threat would be more likely than seeing use as a downfield threat and this fiits the block first but did set a personal record for receptions skill set of Royal than the undefined accomplishments of Everett.

The injury does make it to early to expect Everett to be fully back as Edgrrin James is an example of a player who suffered a severe knee injury who took a good year and half before he showed that he was actually gonna produce, but given that Everett was an MM choice, the scheme has moved away from his skills and well-regarded replacements like Royal and Cieslak are already in the house it does not look good for him.

His use and production in the first pre-season game will tell alot.

739262[/snapback]

everett's skills (if he's healthy) are an excellent fit for the new offense being installed - what opens up a defense more then a tight end running a 20 yard post pattern right up the seam?? as well, with everett's speed, he could easily line up in a 4-wide set split out, ala tony g and shockey........

the good thing about everett is that he won't be counted on for more then 10 or 15 reps a game.......that is enough for him to get in there, do what he can, and get out again.......great way to develop confidence in his knee and his game.....if he performs as he did in college he'll be a great compliment to royal's block-first style......

everett's skills (if he's healthy) are an excellent fit for the new offense being installed - what opens up a defense more then a tight end running a 20 yard post pattern right up the seam?? as well, with everett's speed, he could easily line up in a 4-wide set split out, ala tony g and shockey........

the good thing about everett is that he won't be counted on for more then 10 or 15 reps a game.......that is enough for him to get in there, do what he can, and get out again.......great way to develop confidence in his knee and his game.....if he performs as he did in college he'll be a great compliment to royal's block-first style......

739402[/snapback]

The problem is that if the Rams scheme is a model for our O thne the TE is not the way things get opened up because my understanding is that historically they have made little use of th TE in the passing game.

One of the questions which we only have had hints about is that one thing that will differentiate the Fairchiled Rams scheme from out O merely being Rams East is that apparently we might make greater use of the TE.

If this is true (which it may not be) then that greater use may merely be restricted to more red zone use and greater use of TE blocking which fit Royal's past achievements rather than use of the TE as a liberating factor for the WRs.

We'll see.