Games on NFL Network

eSJayDee

Like I imagine most typical fans, I find the number and frequency of commercials during games to be quite annoying. The fact that many years ago, a game often finished in less than 3 hours. Now, after numerous rule and policy changes, they're to the point where a game finishing in under 3 hours is a rarity. In fact, it seems like prime time games are seldom finished in less than 3 1/2 hours.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on the NFL network, now that they will have production control over their own games. Will they cater to the fan & have more reasonable commercial breaks, or will they be as bad as the other networks?

Like I imagine most typical fans, I find the number and frequency of commercials during games to be quite annoying.  The fact that many years ago, a game often finished in less than 3 hours.  Now, after numerous rule and policy changes, they're to the point where a game finishing in under 3 hours is a rarity.  In fact, it seems like prime time games are seldom finished in less than 3 1/2 hours.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on the NFL network, now that they will have production control over their own games.  Will they cater to the fan & have more reasonable commercial breaks, or will they be as bad as the other networks?

738626[/snapback]

Given the amount the NFL Network paid to have games, I wouldn't be expecting a reduction in commercials.

let me be the first to say"Tivo" my brother

738634[/snapback]

Tivo/DVR may be reducing the amount of tv commercials people watch, but it's increasing the determination of advertisers to hit you with more non-traditional and alternative ads. Some of which are a lot more annoying and invasive than any tv commercial.

Tivo/DVR may be reducing the amount of tv commercials people watch, but it's increasing the determination of advertisers to hit you with more non-traditional and alternative ads. Some of which are a lot more annoying and invasive than any tv commercial.

738706[/snapback]

all im saying is i have been tivo(first with ultimate tv) games since 2000. I know not of what you speak, but ain't no better Sunday afteernoon than a beautiful fall day in the mid-atlantic spent outside most of the day, coming home round 4.30, and watching the tivoed Bill game. Wife making a nice Sunday dinner, me skipping commercials and halftime, game done bout 6:15 just in time for a nice roast beef dinner ;)

I am prolly the only Bills fan ecstatic when i saw no prime time or 4.00 games <_<

all im saying is i have been tivo(first with ultimate tv) games since 2000. I know not of what you speak, but ain't no better Sunday afteernoon than a  beautiful fall day in the mid-atlantic spent outside most of the day, coming home round 4.30, and watching the tivoed Bill game. Wife making a nice Sunday dinner, me skipping commercials and halftime, game done bout 6:15 just in time for a nice roast beef dinner ;)

I am prolly the only Bills fan ecstatic when i saw no prime time or 4.00 games <_<

738854[/snapback]

I know life gets in the way, but I guess I am the only one who enjoys a good, long game...key word being "good".

Funny, I was just burning the Bills season opener, against Miami, in 1989, onto DVD. I was editing out the commercials a I went. The last 4:12 of that game took 25 minutes to play, real time...4:12 minutes of football! Great game though...Kelly on the keeper, 2 seconds to go! Kelly really was awesome! But, I digress....

In that regard, NHL hockey still has it all over the other sports, as far as the quickness of the games.

Like I imagine most typical fans, I find the number and frequency of commercials during games to be quite annoying.  The fact that many years ago, a game often finished in less than 3 hours.  Now, after numerous rule and policy changes, they're to the point where a game finishing in under 3 hours is a rarity.  In fact, it seems like prime time games are seldom finished in less than 3 1/2 hours.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on the NFL network, now that they will have production control over their own games.  Will they cater to the fan & have more reasonable commercial breaks, or will they be as bad as the other networks?

738626[/snapback]

Looks like Time Warner is starting its own PR campaign regarding the NFL network see link belwo

http://www.nflgetreal.com/

Count me as one who could care less if the games are 3 1/2 hours or more. It's only one game per week. Why can't we savor it?? It's not like baseball where they have a game every damn night. Like others, i usually Tivo Bills games so I can step away if my kids start going nuts and they need my attention.

<_<

Rats. Then probably the only Bills game broadcast in my area this year will be the pre-season B'gals game. Whoopie.

738951[/snapback]

Go to Barleycorns with me sometime in NKY - its not a bar atmosphere, there are usually 20-30 Bills fans, many who bring their <10 year old kids. I usually get some wings, drink a couple of beers, and enjoy the game amongst other fans.

Go to Barleycorns with me sometime in NKY - its not a bar atmosphere, there are usually 20-30 Bills fans, many who bring their <10 year old kids.  I usually get some wings, drink a couple of beers, and enjoy the game amongst other fans.

738955[/snapback]

Thanks - not a bad plan.