WTC Movie

Mikie2times

To Early?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. To Early?

• Yes
    • No

I expect this movie to be a monster, but that doesn’t mean they should have made the movie this soon. It was probably only a matter of time, but regardless of how it turns out I just feel they should’ve waited longer, especially considering only 5% of the box will go to charity.

may or may not watch it.

737099[/snapback]

I'm not sure yet. A part of me wants to see it, but the other side is pretty disgusted at the amount of money this movie will pull in. It doesn't seem right for Hollywood to profit from a tragedy still fresh on the minds of these grief stricken families. Other tragedies have been placed on the big screen, but none as recently and widespread as this.

I'm not sure yet. A part of me wants to see it, but the other side is pretty disgusted at the amount of money this movie will pull in. It doesn't seem right for Hollywood to profit from a tragedy still fresh on the minds of these grief stricken families. Other tragedies have been placed on the big screen, but none as recently and widespread as this.

737101[/snapback]

That is exactly my thinking. I know that a portion of the proceeds are being donated to thre seperate WTC charaties, but it isn't much. It angers me that Hollywood will be reaping profits off of the back of this tragedy.

I know that the proposed memorial at the WTC is way over budget. Why not donate 100% of the profits to find the memorial? Then I would see the movie.

Besides, why cast Nicholas Cage? He is terrible.

If you don't like the fact that it was made 'so soon', wait.

If you don't like that 10% of the opening weekend gross and 10% of the entire release gross will be going to WTC families/charities, don't pay money to see it.

If you think it's too intrusive, complain to the guys whose story the movie tells. Oh, wait. They helped on the movie. This is a very, very small portion of what happened in a very discrete time period. More will follow in time. Get used to it.

Too anyone who feels it's their right to B word about whether a movie should have been made, who think they are the sole proprietor of what happened on 9/11, who should have starred in the movie, what color the captions should have been, the answer is simple. Watch. Or don't.

If you think it's too intrusive, complain to the guys whose story the movie tells. Oh, wait. They helped on the movie.

737196[/snapback]

And a lot of families who lost people in the WTC on 9/11 didn't want this movie made. Any movie about the "World Trade Center" can't just be about two guys.

I'd be more concerned with the families whose stories didn't have happy endings than two families that turned out OK.

I'm of the opinion that it is not too soon. It's almost 5 years.

The documentary film that the two French brothers made (they were with the firemen and have the only film of the first plane hitting the towers) was I believe only shown once on 9/11/02 on CBS. I think that should be shown every six months with the note: "Remember what those animals did to us"

The pictures we saw were sanitized. The foreign press showed a lot more of the carnage. Those should have been shown.

As the Israelis say "Never Forget!"

If you don't like the fact that it was made 'so soon', wait.

If you don't like that 10% of the opening weekend gross and 10% of the entire release gross will be going to WTC families/charities, don't pay money to see it.

If you think it's too intrusive, complain to the guys whose story the movie tells. Oh, wait. They helped on the movie. This is a very, very small portion of what happened in a very discrete time period. More will follow in time. Get used to it.

Too anyone who feels it's their right to B word about whether a movie should have been made, who think they are the sole proprietor of what happened on 9/11, who should have starred in the movie, what color the captions should have been, the answer is simple. Watch. Or don't.

737196[/snapback]

Obviously I have a choice whether or not to see the movie. That's not my point. My point is while every person has the choice, some of the victim’s families who don't want this, will have it forced on them. They don't have to see it, but they will have to hear about it threw previews, the news, the radio etc. It's out of respect for those people that I think they should have waited, not because of me.

Interesting question. I believe I have a bit of a unique perspective on this...I worked across the street (One Liberty Plaza) on 9/11 and still do. I was here for it all and lived it. I will not see the movie.

However, I understand that it was made and its probably good for the rest of the country to see it and be reminded of what the terrorits did to us and why we fight them in Iraq, Afghanistan and soon Iran. If I didn't live the experience, I would probably go see it.

Those who live or work near the WTC site, however, are reminded every day of what they did. I don't need sappy Hollywood to tell me how it was.

I am not sure why people would want to watch such a thing? I have ZERO interest in this movie, Flight 93 nor any other documovie on this subject. Not that I want to forget it, but I can see the clips for myself if I want. I don't need a movie to remind me of how I felt that day, just like I don't need the Passion to understand the torture Christ went through...

I am not sure why people would want to watch such a thing? I have ZERO interest in this movie, Flight 93 nor any other documovie on this subject. Not that I want to forget it, but I can see the clips for myself if I want. I don't need a movie to remind me of how I felt that day, just like I don't need the Passion to understand the torture Christ went through...

737604[/snapback]

I think the people who "need" to see it are the ones who take it for granted, you know? I think to a lot of folks that day was so surreal that it's like it was a dream....not a reality. There are people out there who need to understand exactly what that day represented. I felt the same way about "The Passion".

That being said, I don't think I can watch the film....I was so damn freaked out that day that it feels like it just happened yesterday. I just don't know if I can handle watching it, particularly if it's done in a very realistic manner, which I believe it is. I will never forget for as long as I live seeing that first tower collapse. It was absolutely horrifying and I get physically ill just thinking about it.

Sorry,but I dont have any interest in watching a movie capitalizing on people dying on our darkest day. I feel for all these people,but I dont think I could ever bring myself to watch any of these movies that are being made...not without crying. ;)