WEASE...How does he get so many Bills...

Brother Wease is the long-time morning DJ on WCMF in Rochester. Over the years, he's become very friendly with the Bills, getting many players on his show. (fyi: WCMF is the official Bills station in Rochester.) But I have seen several players, Donte Whittner the latest, to be photographed in camp with a "WEASE" t-shirt.

NFL players are like NASCAR cars. You are not going to put your logo on them without first ponying up some $$$. (How many NFL payers wear a Nike or UnderArmour logo for nothing?) Is Wease paying these guys to wear his shirts? If they are doing it for nothing, then Wease is getting the sweetheart deal of a lifetime! Anyone with some inside ifor would be appreciated.

PTR

I doubt Wease ponies up any money SINCE WCMF is the official Bills station.  They appear on the show, Wease tosses them a shirt and asks them to wear it, and then everyone wants to wear it.

737028[/snapback]

WCMF is official for Rochester. They share that designation with 97 Rock in Buffalo. Still, a player is not going to personally endorse Wease unless they really dig him, or they are getting paid. I doubt Donte Whittner knows Wease from Louise, so I am scratching my head.

PTR

WCMF is official for Rochester.  They share that designation with 97 Rock in Buffalo.  Still, a player is not going to personally endorse Wease unless they really dig him, or they are getting paid.  I doubt Donte Whittner knows Wease from Louise, so I am scratching my head.

PTR

737062[/snapback]

Wease also does training camp every year. Broadcasts straight from there. I'm sure cross-marketing was worked into that deal...

During his brief stint on 92.9 or another FM station here in Buffalo, he was going through chemo.  Shortly after that, the program was dropped.  How is he doing now?

737127[/snapback]

He seems to be getting back to normal, although I haven't listened much over the past few months. I was a devoted listener for almost 20 years but lately their has been too much arguing over politic and quite frankly, I don't have the need for that.

Anyone with some inside ifor would be appreciated.

PTR

737023[/snapback]

While my info may not be all that inside, I listened to wease for a long time and I think the players genuinely like the guy. He is not your normal journalist and I think the players appreciate his candor and lack of "jock sniffer" mentality.

Wease's t-shirts are actually handed out in the locker room. The show also interviews several Bills each day during camp, and the producers give the shirts to the players then. From what I understand, wear the shirts because a.) they are free, and b.) because they like Wease.

Wease's t-shirts are actually handed out in the locker room. The show also interviews several Bills each day during camp, and the producers give the shirts to the players then. From what I understand, wear the shirts because a.) they are free, and b.) because they like Wease.

737133[/snapback]

When I went to camp there were a couple guys signing who when asked about the shirts said - "I have no idea - they just gave it to me to wear"

737133[/snapback]

To piggy back on that, every camp the players are given free t-shirts to wear from sponser. This just happens to be this year's free shirt.

his show is one political bitchfest

i can't listen to it on my way to work because all his bullstevestojan might cause me to jerk my car into oncoming traffic

people call in all the time to wax his balls though..."oh, brother wease, you're so wise!" (i stojan you not, people call in and tell him how "WISE" he is)

Brother Wease is the long-time morning DJ on WCMF in Rochester.  Over the years, he's become very friendly with the Bills, getting many players on his show.  (fyi: WCMF is the official Bills station in Rochester.)  But I have seen several players, Donte Whittner the latest, to be photographed in camp with a "WEASE" t-shirt. 

NFL players are like NASCAR cars.  You are not going to put your logo on them without first ponying up some $$$.  (How many NFL payers wear a Nike or UnderArmour logo for nothing?)  Is Wease paying these guys to wear his shirts?  If they are doing it for nothing, then Wease is getting the sweetheart deal of a lifetime!  Anyone with some inside ifor would be appreciated.

PTR

737023[/snapback]

WCMF is a sponsor of camp