What will make you happy this year? why?

What will make you happy this year?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What will make you happy this year?

• 1. Playoffs or nothing
    • 2. 8 & 8
    • 3. 4 & 10 with 4 wins coming from Miami & N.E.
    • 4. 2 & 14 (First overall draft pick)
    • 5. 9 & 7 (no playoff appearance & Bills play tough every week)
    • 6. 3 & 13, but JP Losman performs very well

Of course the playoffs will make me very happy, but that doesn't seem likely to me this year. So my expectations are low. It won't take much for me to be happy. I went with option #3. Four and Twelve will put is in position to acquie some good young talent in next year's draft and those 4 wins against our most hated rivals equal 10 wins to me. Remember this, my expectations are VERY low.

I'll take a combination of #3 and #6. I want to see JP play well and beat NE and Miami once each. I don't care how many wins that translates into. If we win 9 games but lose to those God forsaken teams and still prove not to have a QB, I could give a s$%* less.

3 & 13, but JP Losman performs very well

Not being snide, just wondering- has there ever been a 3-13 team in the history of the league where people said the 3rd-year QB "performed very well?"

I voted for #5- I don't care much about the record, but playing tough every week is all I'm looking for. It would be a nice change of pace from previous years...

I'll compare to the Sabres run this past season. Going into the season I wasn't expecting much and just wanted some improvement and for them to be competetive. Doing as well as they did went well beyond my wildest expectations and anything past them making the playoffs was a bonus.

I really would like to see the Bills be competetive and have hope for a SB run in the near future. I would like to see a well coached, competetive, smart football team that is a couple players away from making a serious run.

I really want a home playoff game soon!!! They are so much fun, I just miss that. Nothing like a home Bills playoff game, but at this point I'll take any playoff game.

GO BILLS!!!!

I voted playoffs. In this era it has been proven that things can be turned around in one year.

If JP plays well, and he will most likely make his share of mistakes, but if he does improve as I expect him to, the playoffs are not out of the question.

Having said that, the schedule is really tough this year IMO.

I voted playoffs. In this era it has been proven that things can be turned around in one year.

If JP plays well, and he will most likely make his share of mistakes, but if he does improve as I expect him to, the playoffs are not out of the question.

Having said that, the schedule is really tough this year IMO.

735740[/snapback]

I disagree about things turning around in one year- a lot of things have to come together before that one year can happen- the Mike Williams pick set us back pretty far, and the Bledsoe debacle pushed us back further.

The Rams and Ravens had 3-4 good drafts before their big years

Those are good examples that prove your point, but I was more focused primarilly on just the actual change in record. Like a Carolina team going from 5-11 to the superbowl.

I could also argue that the Bills have had some good recent drafts. McGahee, McGee, Evans, Losman, and this years rookie crop.

I'd rather be optimistic and be dissapointed than bury this team and be right about it.....just me.

Not being snide, just wondering- has there ever been a 3-13 team in the history of the league where people said the 3rd-year QB "performed very well?"

I voted for #5- I don't care much about the record, but playing tough every week is all I'm looking for.  It would be a nice change of pace from previous years...

735161[/snapback]

Counting his 2 years in the USFL, Jim Kelly performed very well on a 4-12 team as a 3rd year QB. Everyone knew they were a team on the rise and 2 years later they won 12 games & the division before the refs gave them no chance in the AFC Championship game at Cincinnati. I still remember horrible calls on our secondary and the phantom face mask call when Bruce Smith sacked Boomer by grabbing his jersey and pulling him down and the ref called facemask 15 yds 1st down.

I think this team is ahead of the 1986 Bills talentwise and we already got rid of a meathead coach for an Ivy Leaguer, so if JP performs well we'll be at least 8-8.

I didn't choose any of the above, because the Super Bowl was not on the list. I could care less if the team makes the playoffs and does a quick exit like the Jimmy Johnson Dolphins did. Getting embarrassed in a playoff game is worse than 2-14, because at least 2-14 can get you the top pick. Imagine the Super Bowl teams without Bruce Smith. Now think how much fun it was watching Miami get their @ss kicked 62-7 in JJs last game. I never want to be on the receiving end of 62-7 because my team was just good enough to "make the playoffs".

I'll be happy if we are show improvement over the course of the season......not worried about what the final record is

735737[/snapback]

This choice is better than anything list especially the 4-10 choice. Do we fold prior to finishing the season?

I want to see the team get better as the season goes along and I want to see one QB playing from week 1 til week 16, regardless, unless there is a serious injury.

The only thing that will make me happy this year is having Tom Brady emerge from the pile with his pants off and his teenie weenie exposed on national tv as they cart him off on a stretcher with Bill Billychick administering mouth-to-mouth CPR while Teddy Brewski snorts amyl nitrate on the sidelines with John Madden doing the color commentary: "Boom! Right there! Ya see, that's where Teddy would have save him if he'd been in as the wide receiver on that play..."

Now that would make me happy.

If we actually make the playoffs or we lose enough to get the #1 pick. Other than the two, the season would be a wash to me. Note: I would still be ticked the whole time we were losing though :lol: