Where is Martin Nance.....Looks like he is MIA

ganesh

The two practices I went to on Mon and today I don't recall many passes getting thrown his way. On Monday they did a ST drill to go 1-1 with the rusher going after a tackling dummy - and he stood out to me as being tough and strong in both sides of that drill. He ran extra sprints after practice w/ Willis today - and signed after both the ones I've gone to. That's really all I got.

Listening to the routine reports I hear about him catching passes here and there and looking pretty good......

Folks you have to understand.....Nance is going to make this team...WE DONT HAVE ANY SIZE AT WIDEOUT......

733938[/snapback]

Well, Sam Aiken is not going anywhere I can tell you.

You have Evans, Price, Reed, Aiken, Davis, Nance? What happens to Roscoe? Do we carry seven? Or perhaps Davis gets cut if he doesn't have a good camp.

Well, Sam Aiken is not going anywhere I can tell you.

You have Evans, Price, Reed, Aiken, Davis, Nance? What happens to Roscoe? Do we carry seven? Or perhaps Davis gets cut if he doesn't have a good camp.

734013[/snapback]

Roscoe has Absolutely nothing to worry about. He is the most explosive of the group- and is electric on special teams. I'd say Nance goes or maybe Davis

Roscoe has Absolutely nothing to worry about.  He is the most explosive of the group- and is electric on special teams.  I'd say Nance goes or maybe Davis

734026[/snapback]

Is there any even an inkling of objectivity in this projection of yours?

I'm sure he'll make it because he's a #2 but the competition is stiff.

734033[/snapback]

Have you seen this guy when he is healthy? Tell me you seriously dont want roscoe on this team, you want nance or aiken instead

734033[/snapback]

From what I hear at this too early stage to draw any conclusions anyone should take seriously (including mine which is simply a guesstimate) the final roster at WR is:

Evans, Price, Parrish I think there will be a lof of 3WR sets), Reed, (I think there will be a significant number of empty backfield sets), Aiken (who mostly will contribute with ST play) snd Fast Freddy or Davis depending on the injury situation. I think Nance makes the team but as a PS player,

The good news is that this squad will need to cut at least one (if not two former NFL vets to get down to the roster limit and this means competition will be good and intense.

How this oddly shaped ball happens to bounce will determine quite a bit in terms of who get cut and who doesn't.

From what I hear at this too early stage to draw any conclusions anyone should take seriously (including mine which is simply a guesstimate) the final roster at WR is:

Evans, Price, Parrish I think there will be a lof of 3WR sets), Reed, (I think there will be a significant number of empty backfield sets), Aiken (who mostly will contribute with ST play) snd Fast Freddy or Davis depending on the injury situation.  I think Nance makes the team but as a PS player,

The good news is that this squad will need to cut at least one (if not two former NFL vets to get down to the roster limit and this means competition will be good and intense.

How this oddly shaped ball happens to bounce will determine quite a bit in terms of who get cut and who doesn't.

734046[/snapback]

I agree. I think this is our strongest unit. Hopefully someone can get them the ball.

Davis is no sure bet to make this team and neither is Smith, Wilson, or Aiken. The same goes with Nance but his size is a huge advantage to him on a team of near midgets. It seems to me that Evans, Price, Parrish, & Reed (ugghhh) are locks. Once the preseason starts, we'll have a better idea. Afterall we are only not even a full week into practice.

In the Fairchild scheme I have no doubt we will keep 6 WR's, keeping 7 probably won't happen. I think Nance & Smith are the other 2 that make it on the team, and Wilson goes to the PS (I think he is still eligable since he didn't dress that much last season), leaving Aiken to wonder the earth.