New Batman flick - Summer '08

ajzepp

I'm pretty excited about this flick, though I have to say I'm not sure how I feel about Heath Ledger in the role of the Joker. I was in the camp that wanted either Adrien Brody or Crispen Glover, but since the first film was cast so well I'm willing to give this a chance. Hopefully it will rock even more than the first one.

linky

I'm pretty excited about this flick, though I have to say I'm not sure how I feel about Heath Ledger in the role of the Joker. I was in the camp that wanted either Adrien Brody or Crispen Glover, but since the first film was cast so well I'm willing to give this a chance. Hopefully it will rock even more than the first one.

linky

732755[/snapback]

Heath Ledger?? I dunno about that. Oh well, anything to see him on the big screen. :D:lol:

They will never improve on the 1966 version, which I still believe is the best one.

"Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

732947[/snapback]

was that theatrical, or a made for tv deal with Adam West?

Was in the theatres, in fact I remember seeing it at the drive-inn.

732955[/snapback]

Interesting.....I'll have to see if Netflix has it.

Probably.  It's not that hard to find.  Good for a sampling of what made the 60s show so much fun, as you get 4 villains for the price of one.

732959[/snapback]

True, usually if it's on dvd, Netflix carries it.....I'll have to add it to my queue and check it out. It's rare that I rent older flicks, but usually when I do I end up loving them. I still consider "Witness for the Prosecution" one of the greatest films I've ever seen.....way ahead of its time.

Be warned, though: it's as campy as the series, if not more so. 

"Let's go, but, inconspicuously, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

732966[/snapback]

I remember watching those tv episodes as a kid, so it would probably be a nice exercise in nostalgia to see the flick.....

Netflix does carry it, and they also have some Batman serial collection dating back to the 40s....I was reading some of the comments and I guess they're fascinating to watch because they reflect a lot of the political climate of the WWII era.....pretty interesting!

I remember watching those tv episodes as a kid, so it would probably be a nice exercise in nostalgia to see the flick.....

Netflix does carry it, and they also have some Batman serial collection dating back to the 40s....I was reading some of the comments and I guess they're fascinating to watch because they reflect a lot of the political climate of the WWII era.....pretty interesting!

732967[/snapback]

Best part of the DVD is Adam West & Burt Ward on the commentary... I usually never listen to them but that one was pretty good. Fake Catwoman sucks though.

Best part of the DVD is Adam West & Burt Ward on the commentary... I usually never listen to them but that one was pretty good. Fake Catwoman sucks though.

732978[/snapback]

Cool, I've actually been listening to them a little more lately.....the one with the guys from "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" was awesome.....I also loved the one on Bubba Ho-Tep where Bruce Campbell stays in character as Elvis.....that was some good stuff!

was that theatrical, or a made for tv deal with Adam West?

732952[/snapback]

It was was rush-rush job, made to cash in on the popularity of the TV Show, which was a surprise hit earlier in the year.

Kind of like the "American Idol" movie: From Justin to Kelly.

Let's face it.....this is going to be the greatest movie ever.

Jim Gordon: And what about escalation?

Bruce Wayne: Escalation?

Jim Gordon: We get semi-automatics weapons, they get automatics. We get kevlar body armor, they get armor-piercing rounds. And you're wearing a mask. Take this guy... armed robbery, double homicide... has a taste for theatrics, like you... he leaves a calling card.

[Gordon hands Batman a clear plastic evidence bag with a playing card inside it]

Bruce Wayne: [batman turns the card over to reveal that it's a Joker card] I'll look into it.