Bills 2006 outlook

Buffalo Bills - Odds To Win Super Bowl XLI: 80-1

Let’s see, how did the Bills do this off-season? They hired failed ex-Bears boss Dick Jauron in a flat-footed surprise move, thanks to Mike Mularkey whacking himself. Marv Levy, the favorite face of the franchise, comes back to the club as the General Manager.

What’s Levy’s resume as an executive, not coach? Um, there is none. Don’t ask.

They re-acquired Peerless Price. Super. They signed Redskins TE Robert Royal, who set a club record with 102 drops in a season (joke, but it sure felt that way). And the QB battle is between JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, and Craig Nall.

For that, they passed on Matt Leinart in the draft, taking SS Donte Whitner and DT John McCargo. I hope it works out, because the fans in Buffalo are some of the NFL’s best.

I don’t think anybody will miss overpaid guys like Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, and Mike Williams. Eric Moulds stings a little bit, but hey, who doesn’t want Lee Evans as your number one!

Come on folks, enthusiasm, please! It’s gonna be fine. Trust ol’ Ralph Wilson. Just because he couldn’t read nor understand the language in the new CBA, doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a firm grasp on how to run an NFL team in the new millennium.

At least Tom Donohoe is out. Hey, did I mention that Marv Levy is back? Did I?

Come on folks, enthusiasm, please! It’s gonna be fine. Trust ol’ Ralph Wilson. Just because he couldn’t read nor understand the language in the new CBA, doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a firm grasp on how to run an NFL team in the new millennium.

this is what you call "shooting yourself in the foot"

this is what you call "shooting yourself in the foot"

732965[/snapback]

Too bad he didn't aim a little higher and hit himself in the head. Wouldn't be a loss to the football world.

He's got some points. Up to us to prove him wrong. I'm getting more and more in tune with having DJ and ML, and most of their moves do make sense. The proof will be in the pudding. Let the season begin and let's see what we've got! zuntil we prove something we aren't really in a position to argue with anything anyone might say. New QB, New coach, questionable OL, big changes on D. Hell...let's jump into the pool and start swimming!!!

He's got some points.  Up to us to prove him wrong.  I'm getting more and more in tune with having DJ and ML, and most of their moves do make sense.  The proof will be in the pudding.  Let the season begin and let's see what we've got!  zuntil we prove something we aren't really in a position to argue with anything anyone might say.  New QB, New coach, questionable OL, big changes on D.  Hell...let's jump into the pool and start swimming!!!

733040[/snapback]

Leinart alone doesn't make us a playoff team but both Whitner and McCargo might or put us close. The offense needs more than just a glorified savior and that dunce knows this. An above average line and healthy running game will do more than just a Heisman trophy winner can.

Let’s see, how did the Bills do this off-season? They hired failed ex-Bears boss Dick Jauron in a flat-footed surprise move, thanks to Mike Mularkey whacking himself. Marv Levy, the favorite face of the franchise, comes back to the club as the General Manager.

They re-acquired Peerless Price. Super. They signed Redskins TE Robert Royal, who set a club record with 102 drops in a season (joke, but it sure felt that way). And the QB battle is between JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, and Craig Nall.

For that, they passed on Matt Leinart in the draft, taking SS Donte Whitner and DT John McCargo. I hope it works out, because the fans in Buffalo are some of the NFL’s best.

I don’t think anybody will miss overpaid guys like Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, and Mike Williams. Eric Moulds stings a little bit, but hey, who doesn’t want Lee Evans as your number one!

732733[/snapback]

80-1? I would have guessed 200-1 would be the betting line.

Leinart alone doesn't make us a playoff team but both Whitner and McCargo might or put us close.  The offense needs more than just a glorified savior and that dunce knows this.   An above average line and healthy running game will do more than just a Heisman trophy winner can.

733175[/snapback]

McCargo and Whitner play O-Line? :lol:

732733[/snapback]

80-1 were the odds against the Sabres winning the Stanley Cup at the start of last season. I'd be happy if the Bills made it as deep into the playoffs.