Titans signed Vince Young

Just heard on NFL Network that the Titans signed V Young to a 5 year deal worth $58 million.

There really should be a cap on rookie signings.  He hasn't even taken a snap in the league and he is already getting paid top 3 QB money.

730292[/snapback]

The front office in New Orleans just let out a collective groan.

Just heard on NFL Network that the Titans signed V Young to a 5 year deal worth $58 million.

Link

730292[/snapback]

Not worth $54 mil.....could reach $54 mil. Huge difference.

Who knows what clauses are in there? 4000yards, 30 TDs, Pro-bowls, super bowls?

It has probably got triggers to pay him like a top 3 QB if he performs like one.

Still way too much though.

Reportedly he gets $25.7M in guaranteed money.  Wow!

730300[/snapback]

Absolutely ridiculous for a guy who has yet to play a down. Can't belive the owners didn't try to address the rookie salary structure in the new CBA. Where do these owners all get the money necessary to buy a team? They don't appear to be bright enough to have earned it outside of football with the exception of a few.

Absolutely ridiculous for a guy who has yet to play a down.  Can't belive the owners didn't try to address the rookie salary structure in the new CBA.  Where do these owners all get the money necessary to buy a team?  They don't appear to be bright enough to have earned it outside of football with the exception of a few.

Yeah, that and rookie holdouts.

Sure, but if for some reason he performs like he did in that Rose Bowl, what the hell? That deal will be commensurate for him. At the very least, it'll be very difficult for him to be able to hold out on this deal later on.

I like Vince and he may just have me end up liking the Titans. Which is really a hard bargain as I've never liked that team.

Young's deal COULD reach $58 million with incentives that are reached. Meanwhile, Super Mario could reach as high as $62 million with incentives.

The guaranteed money breaks down like this:

Williams: $26.5 million in guaranteed money

Young: $25.7 million in guaranteed money

Anything said to the contrary by the Young camp is just his agent trying to make them look good.

http://www.hendersonvillestarnews.com/apps...ORTS01/60727006

There really should be a cap on rookie signings.  He hasn't even taken a snap in the league and he is already getting paid top 3 QB money.

Link

730292[/snapback]

WOW, they gave him 10 million for every point he scored on the wonderlic.

I'd laugh if he was a bust

The Titan bet their next decade on this guy, and I don't think it is is a safe bet at all. Oh freakin' well!

730534[/snapback]

Agreed, this would make me happy if I were a Colts/Jags fan; or even if I were a fan of a team in the East and just hated the Titans. ;)

I'll tell you people here love to bash the NBA, but the way they handle contracts with their experience based salary tiers is on point.

I mean rookies can only sign for 3 yrs. 12 mill...and this is in a sport where the AVERAGE salary is around 5 million! I mean Lebron was making just 4 mill/year the last three years.

I know football players have a shorter "life span," but there has to be a cap. Otherwise the league will end up lacking in quality because no one will be able to afford mid-level veterans and their rosters will be comprised of 90% filler.

Young's deal COULD reach $58 million with incentives that are reached. Meanwhile, Super Mario could reach as high as $62 million with incentives.

The guaranteed money breaks down like this:

Williams: $26.5 million in guaranteed money

Young: $25.7 million in guaranteed money

Anything said to the contrary by the Young camp is just his agent trying to make them look good.

http://www.hendersonvillestarnews.com/apps...ORTS01/60727006

730456[/snapback]

Yup, so reggie bush's guaranteed money will fall in between these too. Total potential value doesnt matter, it just makes the agent look good. Reggie can sign a 6 year 3 billion dollar contract with 26 mil guaranteed. Sure, they'd put in a clause that he receives a 2.96 billion bonus is he's super bowl MVP in every year of his contract, so his deal would be the same as the others, but the inflated number simply LOOK better.

Total contract value is all cosmetic these days.

Yup, so reggie bush's guaranteed money will fall in between these too. Total potential value doesnt matter, it just makes the agent look good. Reggie can sign a 6 year 3 billion dollar contract with 26 mil guaranteed. Sure, they'd put in a clause that he receives a 2.96 billion bonus is he's super bowl MVP in every year of his contract, so his deal would be the same as the others, but the inflated number simply LOOK better.

Total contract value is all cosmetic these days.

730810[/snapback]

Not according to Reggie it won't.

Not according to Reggie it won't.

730828[/snapback]

its such a fuggin joke. Mario got 26.5 mil in guarantees, vince got 25.7 mil. Therefore, by virtue of slotting, reggie bush should get offered something in between. I dont care how much he thinks he should have been #1, he was the #2, so he gets paid like that. If the saints offer a market value deal, and reggie doesnt sign, i'd like to see the league sanction bush, or do something to him. And since he hasnt signed, hes not protected by the NFLPA yet.