V-Coach Youbooty Just signed

ACor58

According to the Great Gazoo (sorry, had to use Google cache since ESPN moved it behind the "Insider Wall), picks 1-16 in the draft can have a max of 6 years, picks 17-32 a maximum of 5, and anyone round 2 or later has a maximum of 4 years.  But I'm guessing you know a way to cheat on that.  You know everything else.  ;)

That was uncalled-for.

Flashing that advanced football knowledge again, I see.  Your insights are always so valuable.

I see you're back.

On the one hand, you've repeatedly called me an idiot. Elsewhere, you wrote that I probably did well on a standardized aptitude test.

Nobody likes being called an idiot. I responded to this by taking the liberty of pointing out a couple of grammatical errors you'd made in your posts. You felt I should have placed greater emphasis on your education and knowledge of the rules of grammar than on the fact you sometimes forget to use these rules. In other words, you felt I should have gone easy on you.

This would have been a perfectly reasonable request, had you made any sort of effort at all to be reasonable towards me. Instead, you've gone out of your way to be a complete jerk. That's your right, but for you to expect me to be reasonable in return is absolutely mind-boggling.

In the past you've tried to excuse or justify some of your behavior by saying something to the effect of, "I'm a cheap shot artist. That's part of what I do." I don't like using cheap shots myself, but I can see how under some circumstances there'd be a creative challenge in coming up with one. If the chance to do that is part of the reason you've come to these boards, fine. But there's no intellectual or creative challenge in repeatedly calling someone an idiot. The fact you've thrown that insult at me so many times isn't a result of some misplaced creative urge. You're annoyed by what you see as my personal vendetta against Losman. Has it occurred to you that your personal vendetta against me might be equally annoying--and not just to me?

I doubt very many people enjoy watching us fight; and quite frankly it's a silly use of time. Let's put our personal differences behind us. Let's have normal conversations like adults, instead of bickering like five year olds.

Who is Whitner's agent? Since Huff and Sims have been signed, there is no reason why a deal should not have been worked out yet.

Not sure what the hold up is with McCargo. I don't know if Santonio Holmes is signed, but he better hurry so he can feed his 10 kids. I know that D'Angelo Williams is unsigned, so that might have something to do with it.

730178[/snapback]

Sims hasn't signed yet, maybe they are waiting for that to happen before they ink Whitner. I really hope they get it done tonight or tomorrow.

Camp tomorrow, WOOO HOOO! ;)

I believe league/CBA rules only allow 1st round picks to sign for more than 4 years.

730282[/snapback]

I don't think that you can sign 3rd round rookies longer than 4 yrs.

730283[/snapback]

only 1st rounders can sign for longer than 4 years.

730287[/snapback]

If I'm not mistaken, 4 years is the max he could be offered.

730299[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure he can only be offered 4 years.

730314[/snapback]

I think he can only be offered 4 years....

Maybe if 3 more people say so, it will be true

730316[/snapback]

If memory serves, the max we can offer is a 4-year deal.

730323[/snapback]

Incase it isn't clear by now you can only offer players drafted after the 1st rd 4 year deals  ;)

730325[/snapback]

wait,  how long?

730327[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure 4 years is the max.

Sry, i have always been a follower. ;)

730333[/snapback]

;)

I'm reminded of this.

I see you're back.

On the one hand, you've repeatedly called me an idiot.  Elsewhere, you wrote that I probably did well on a standardized aptitude test. 

Nobody likes being called an idiot.  I responded to this by taking the liberty of pointing out a couple of grammatical errors you'd made in your posts.  You felt I should have placed greater emphasis on your education and knowledge of the rules of grammar than on the fact you sometimes forget to use these rules.  In other words, you felt I should have gone easy on you.

This would have been a perfectly reasonable request, had you made any sort of effort at all to be reasonable towards me.  Instead, you've gone out of your way to be a complete jerk.  That's your right, but for you to expect me to be reasonable in return is absolutely mind-boggling.

In the past you've tried to excuse or justify some of your behavior by saying something to the effect of, "I'm a cheap shot artist.  That's part of what I do."  I don't like using cheap shots myself, but I can see how under some circumstances there'd be a creative challenge in coming up with one.  If the chance to do that is part of the reason you've come to these boards, fine.  But there's no intellectual or creative challenge in repeatedly calling someone an idiot.  The fact you've thrown that insult at me so many times isn't a result of some misplaced creative urge.  You're annoyed by what you see as my personal vendetta against Losman.  Has it occurred to you that your personal vendetta against me might be equally annoying--and not just to me?

I doubt very many people enjoy watching us fight; and quite frankly it's a silly use of time.  Let's put our personal differences behind us.  Let's have normal conversations like adults, instead of bickering like five year olds.

730432[/snapback]

My we're quite sensitive, aren't we? I suggest you grow a pair.

Add a comma after "My" - it will emphasise the, "we're quite sensitive".

Just trying to help. :)

730832[/snapback]

:blink::blink::P

When you're right, you're right.

(I was going to type, "When your write, your rite"...but...)

My we're quite sensitive, aren't we?  I suggest you grow a pair.

Add a comma after "My" - it will emphasise the, "we're quite sensitive".

Just trying to help. :blink:

730832[/snapback]

I don't want to muck things up here and take away from the fact that 3rd round picks can't sign for longer than 4 years (IMHO), but to be totally correct should the X-man have said:

My, we're quite sensitive, aren't we?  I suggest we grow a pair.

I don't want to muck things up here and take away from the fact that 3rd round picks can't sign for longer than 4 years (IMHO), but to be totally correct should the X-man have said:

730878[/snapback]

You just made the list!

:blink:

Actually I should have said, "My, you are sensitive. I suggest you grow a pair". I already have a fine pair, thank you.

My we're quite sensitive, aren't we?  I suggest you grow a pair.

730824[/snapback]

A mildly creative response, but nothing special. The implicit refusal to drop your meaningless vendetta is stupid. But your behavior towards me has been moronic from the very beginning, so why change now? :blink: