Travis coughs it up yet again to opponents

while MaGahee is scoring touchdowns.

And so it continues.

It does appear that drafting MaGahee was a good move. It was also a good move to restructure dumb old Travis after he spent all of his money on God knows what. Thankfully, he will not take up too much cap room as he languishes on the bench while MaGahee soars as the Bills feature back.

Given the Dolphin deal, his shoulder injury, and the way he is stinking up the field, it will be hard to unload Butterfingers Henry, but at least the cap figure for this substitute will not be staggering while MaGahee dances in the end zone.

GO WILLIS!!!!!GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And so it continues.

It does appear that drafting MaGahee was a good move. It was also a good move to restructure dumb old Travis after he spent all of his money on God knows what.  Thankfully, he will not take up too much cap room as he languishes on the bench while MaGahee soars as the Bills feature back.

Given the Dolphin deal, his shoulder injury, and the way he is stinking up the field, it will be hard to unload Butterfingers Henry, but at least the cap figure for this substitute will not be staggering while MaGahee dances in the end zone.

3129[/snapback]

Dude, grow up.

Is TH to blame for not running the ball TWICE in those early goal line situations?

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

And so it continues.

It does appear that drafting MaGahee was a good move. It was also a good move to restructure dumb old Travis after he spent all of his money on God knows what.  Thankfully, he will not take up too much cap room as he languishes on the bench while MaGahee soars as the Bills feature back.

3129[/snapback]

Actually, tonight Travis was breaking runs while Willis was dropping passes......Willis has a long way to go before he'll supplant TH.

Dude, grow up. 

Is TH to blame for not running the ball TWICE in those early goal line situations?

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

3144[/snapback]

OK Dad. I succumb to your superior football knowledge. Travis does NOT have a problem controlling the football, blocks well, is an intelligent person, and everything is just dandy. When he DOES fumble (ever so rarely), it is the fault of Drew Bledsoe.

OK now?

OK Dad. I succumb to your superior football knowledge. Travis does NOT have a problem controlling the football, blocks well, is an intelligent person, and everything is just dandy. When he DOES fumble (ever so rarely), it is the fault of Drew Bledsoe.

OK now?

3154[/snapback]

3158[/snapback]

oops, was that a server snafu, my reply didn't make it

that reply being,

good god, how do you even respond to drivel like this. Jesus, could travis give any more to this team than he did last year. What happened to rooting for the Bills? Does every year have to have a RJ vs. Flutie drama?

that reply being,

good god, how do you even respond to drivel like this.  Jesus, could travis give any more to this team than he did last year.  What happened to rooting for the Bills?  Does every year have to have a RJ vs. Flutie drama?

3162[/snapback]

I totally agree with you....but aren't garranimals underwear? lol

And so it continues.

3129[/snapback]

That's hard. :w00t:

hey bill: you're still an idiot.

mcgahee looked tentative in many of his runs. travis had the best run of the night. He recovered his own fumble.

when mcgahee fumbles, and he will, are you gonna jump on the board to point it out and overreact like this?

i hope you can grow up a little between now and then.

that reply being,

good god, how do you even respond to drivel like this.  Jesus, could travis give any more to this team than he did last year.  What happened to rooting for the Bills?  Does every year have to have a RJ vs. Flutie drama?

3162[/snapback]

I understand your questions, and thank you for presenting them in a civil tone.

I love the Buffalo Bills Football Team. In October, we will be seeing our 11th consecutive football game at RWS. Moreover, if the Bills ever should leave Buffalo, I will, in all probability, no longer be such a staunch football fan. I am also a HUGE fan of WNY, and the friends I have made courtesy of TBD.

That said, I think that TH is over-rated by many on this board. In my humble estimation (as one who watches every play of every Buffalo Bills football game), he has major flaws to coincide with his obvious running skills. I think that WM has the potential to be a clearly superior back than TH. I do not say this to offend you nor anyone else. I am just a fan, stating an opinion on the best site on the internet, and I dont really see what is so bad about that. :w00t:

hey bill: you're still an idiot.

mcgahee looked tentative in many of his runs. travis had the best run of the night. He recovered his own fumble.

when mcgahee fumbles, and he will, are you gonna jump on the board to point it out and overreact like this?

i hope you can grow up a little between now and then.

3179[/snapback]

An idiot? As opposed to who; you, the pseudo-intellectual?

You seem to be drawn to the posts of an "idiot," and it makes one wonder exactly what does this say about you?

Should I check with you next time before posting an opinion about the Buffalo Bills Football team on a Bills message board? After all, I would hate to see your emotions flying all over the place once again. :doh::w00t::D

because the statements you made to start this thread are inaccurate and exaggerated the way a child exaggerates.

Travis outperformed Willis tonight. That end run TD was not a big deal. SImonton had that. Travis had the best run of the night, and i'll take 2-27 over 11-28 any day. If you were really watching, you would have noticed that mcgahee missed a lot of opportunities. He also dropped a pass.

I'm sure if travis had dropped the same pass, you'd have brought it up. Your opinions are clouded by prejudice. You've decided that you don't like Henry, and you think he's overrated. Meanwhile, he's widely regarded as one of the most UNDERRATED backs in the league. He doesn't get nearly enough credit - he had a fumble problem 2 years ago, not last year. And people still bring it up. Well wake up - Travis was the team MVP last year. What was Willis? What is he now except a kid with potential? He has done nothing in the NFL. Nothing.

WIthout Travis, this team is in trouble. Very telling that you don't see that.

An idiot? As opposed to who; you, the pseudo-intellectual?

You seem to be drawn to the posts of an "idiot," and it makes one wonder exactly what does this say about you?

Should I check with you next time before posting an opinion about the Buffalo Bills Football team on a aBills message board? After all, I would hate to see your emotions flying all over the place once again.  :doh:  :w00t:  :D

3185[/snapback]

go back and read your post. Tell me that it DOESN'T read like the post of a 15 year old who owns a McGahee jersey and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

You can't.

I especially like your 33 some-odd exclamation points, like a girl in junior high school who leaves you a note that reads, "I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!! see you in homeroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If the shoe fits, it fits.

I love the Buffalo Bills Football Team. In October, we will be seeing our 11th consecutive football game at RWS. Moreover, if the Bills ever should leave Buffalo, I will, in all probability, no longer be such a staunch football fan. I am also a HUGE fan of WNY, and the friends I have made courtesy of TBD.

That said, I think that TH is over-rated by many on this board. In my humble estimation (as one who watches every play of every Buffalo Bills football game), he has major flaws to coincide with his obvious running skills. I think that WM has the  potential to be a clearly superior back than TH. I do not say this to offend you nor anyone else. I am just a fan, stating an opinion on the best site on the internet, and I dont really see what is so bad about that.  :w00t:

3180[/snapback]

well, while you are entitled to your opinion, i think it is just that, an opinion. Your initial post was inflamatory and deserves to be ripped. Henry has bled for this team and I appreciate that effort. Beyond bleeding, he has performed every step of the way. Henry has made our bad line look rather good at times.

McGahee had done nothing as a Bill except accept a paycheck. He may turn into a monster, he may never get back to his college form and his college form may never translate to pro from. Those are alot of ifs, and to throw your optimism on him in favor of a guy who has walked the walk, i find that rather myopic which means that your personal opinion makes you see what you want to see on the field.

What I saw from Henry today was so great running, which is what we get game in and game out. McGahee looked good, but got stuffed by the second teamers at times, which doesn't mean a whole lot.

By the way, Edgerrin James fumbled and lost the ball to the other team, they should trade his gold toofused ass.

because the statements you made to start this thread are inaccurate and exaggerated the way a child exaggerates.

Travis outperformed Willis tonight. That end run TD was not a big deal. SImonton had that. Travis had the best run of the night, and i'll take 2-27 over 11-28 any day. If you were really watching, you would have noticed that mcgahee missed a lot of opportunities. He also dropped a pass.

I'm sure if travis had dropped the same pass, you'd have brought it up. Your opinions are clouded by prejudice. You've decided that you don't like Henry, and you think he's overrated. Meanwhile, he's widely regarded as one of the most UNDERRATED backs in the league. He doesn't get nearly enough credit - he had a fumble problem 2 years ago, not last year. And people still bring it up. Well wake up - Travis was the team MVP last year. What was Willis? What is he now except a kid with potential? He has done nothing in the NFL. Nothing.

WIthout Travis, this team is in trouble. Very telling that you don't see that.

3186[/snapback]

Do you agree to the premise that you and I could both love the Bills, have differing opinions and not be "idiots?"

Let me be clear. Imo, Travis can run. He is as strong as an ox, and is a tough competitor. I also think that he is prone to coughing the football up, lacks break-away speed, cant block, has bad hands, and is a mental midget. He also has character issues. His sexual escapade with a 15 year old and missed flight to a dolphin game did little to endear him to me.

Was he the best offensive player on the Bills last season? Certainly, but we are talking about a football team that could NOT protect the qb due to a substandard OL and a sad sack coaching staff.

I am thinking (and admittedly hoping) that MaGahee can bring something better to the Buffalo Bills so that fans like you and I can rejoice, and bask in the victory of our beloved franchise. I might be mistaken, but time will tell. Meanwhile, I hope that TD trades TH and that the Bills get back the 1st round pick in 05, and use it on a big ugly kid who is able to block.

Are you and I THAT far off?

Do you agree to the premise that you and I could both love the Bills, have differing opinions and not be "idiots?"

Let me be clear. Imo, Travis can run. He is as strong as an ox, and is a tough competitor. I also think that he is prone to coughing the football up, lacks break-away speed, cant block, has bad hands, and is a mental midget. He also has character issues. His sexual escapade with a 15 year old and missed flight to a dolphin game did little to endear him to me.

Was he the best offensive player on the Bills last season? Certainly, but we are talking about a football team that could NOT protect the qb due to a substandard OL and a sad sack coaching staff.

I am thinking (and admittedly hoping) that MaGahee can bring something better to the Buffalo Bills so that fans like you and I can rejoice, and bask in the victory of our beloved franchise. I might be mistaken, but time will tell. Meanwhile, I hope that TD trades TH and that the Bills get back the 1st round pick in 05, and use it on a big ugly kid who is able to block.

3201[/snapback]

if i may answer that, yes, we are way far apart. You root specifically against a bills player and hope he is traded. I hope he grows up some and continues to be a top 5 back. If McGahee can contribute, i hope he does, but to date, with Zero carries in a real NFL game, i will stick with Travis on my team anyday. When Drew threw a pick in the first game, did you jump on this board and lose your mind, i think no, because you like drew and don't hang on his every error.

go back and read your post. Tell me that it DOESN'T read like the post of a 15 year old who owns a McGahee jersey and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

You can't.

I especially like your 33 some-odd exclamation points, like a girl in junior high school who leaves you a note that reads, "I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!! see you in homeroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If the shoe fits, it fits.

3188[/snapback]

Never mind. Now, I am a "girl in junior high school" and an "idiot?" OK, go !@#$ yourself. You are clearly a douchebag, and it was my mistake to even try to engage you in a serious discussion about football.

That said, enjoy your weekend.

Never mind. Now, I am a "girl in junior high school" and an "idiot?" OK, go !@#$ yourself. You are clearly a douchebag, and it was my mistake to even try to engage you in a serious discussion about football.

That said, enjoy your weekend.

3209[/snapback]

Is alcohol involved here?

For what it is worth, Michael Irvin says Willis should shut up and the Bills deserve better.  Michael Irvin thinks he should shut up??  Damn, that says something.  What is it with guys from UM? Seriously.

3217[/snapback]

Yeah. It says that Michael Irvin doesn't know what the heck he is talking about.

:w00t:

Yeah. It says that Michael Irvin doesn't know what the heck he is talking about.

3222[/snapback]

How so? Is this a double standard, i heard alot of people jumping down Travis' throat about his comments, but it is OK for Wills to pop off with some crap? How does that work exactly. This Rob and doug all over again.

if i may answer that, yes, we are way far apart. You root specifically against a bills player and hope he is traded. I hope he grows up some and continues to be a top 5 back.  If McGahee can contribute, i hope he does, but to date, with Zero carries in a real NFL game, i will stick with Travis on my team anyday.  When Drew threw a pick in the first game, did you jump on this board and lose your mind, i think no, because you like drew and don't hang on his every error.

3207[/snapback]

>>>When Drew threw a pick in the first game, did you jump on this board and lose your mind, i think no, because you like drew and don't hang on his every error.<<<

Once again, a valid question, one for which I thank you, and will answer.

Imo (and that is ALL I can give you), I think that Drew could function well, and even excel behind a strong OL. Granted, he may very well need more blocking than most NFL QBs, but he has proven to be one of the better passers of all time.

TH does NOT provide blocking. Tell me, do you find ANY fault in his game, or do you think that he is flawless?

One more thing.... I have never presented my opinion as all-knowing. It is what it is; an opinion of a fan on a message board. I embrace the possibility that I can be wrong, and that TH will be a great and complete football player. I would love this as a fan, and probably go up and see him in the playoffs. I am merely offering the opinion that TH is probably not the Canton bound celebrity that many here purport him to be.

Geez, what is the problem???

How so?  Is this a double standard, i heard alot of people jumping down Travis' throat about his comments, but it is OK for Wills to pop off with some crap?  How does that work exactly.  This Rob and doug all over again.

3225[/snapback]

Simple. Who's said that Willis has popped off ? The freakin' media. If the Bills and Willis himself say it didn't happen.......I'll believe them over ESPN, etal...ANY day.

How so?  Is this a double standard, i heard alot of people jumping down Travis' throat about his comments, but it is OK for Wills to pop off with some crap?  How does that work exactly.  This Rob and doug all over again.

3225[/snapback]

Until/unless a reputable (and identifiable) source says they heard Willis say it, he didn't. That makes for a mammoth difference in my book.

>>>When Drew threw a pick in the first game, did you jump on this board and lose your mind, i think no, because you like drew and don't hang on his every error.<<<

Once again, a valid question, one for which I thank you, and will answer.

Imo (and that is ALL I can give you), I think that Drew could function well, and even excel behind a strong OL. Granted, he may very well need more blocking than most NFL QBs, but he has proven to be one of the better passers of all time.

TH does NOT provide blocking. Tell me, do you find ANY fault in his game, or do you think that he is flawless?

One more thing.... I have never presented my opinion as all-knowing. It is what it is; an opinion of a fan on a message board. I embrace the possibility that I can be wrong, and that TH will be a great and complete football player. I would love this as a fan, and probably go up and see him in the playoffs. I am merely offering the opinion that TH is probably not the Canton bound celebrity that many here purport him to be.

Geez, what is the problem???

3230[/snapback]

Fair enough.

I think Travis can certainly improve in many area and blocking is one of them. But there is absolutely Zero proof that Willis solves any of those problems. It is all based on hope, it would be like campaigning now for JP over Bledsoe. And you know how that goes over.

My point is that you show no support to a bills player who has given much to this team and was by far a bright spot last year. Yet you will defend Bledsoe who was a fairly dim spot by all evaluations. I don't understand why the difference especially when there are no valid reasons to be certain Willis will be great or even good. I am sorry, two games against mixed competition doesn't provide any proof. I think both Travis and Drew deserve support from bills fans and that the bills have a very unique situation potentially having two very good if not great backs. Your campaign against Travis just seems rather off base.

Simple. Who's said that Willis has popped off ? The freakin' media. If the Bills and Willis himself say it didn't happen.......I'll believe them over ESPN, etal...ANY day.

3233[/snapback]

My question then is, if in fact it is true that he did make that demand, what is your opinion then?

As i recall the bills said there were no issues with Ruben personally when he missed the last game. The bills are not always the definition of righteous truthfulness, it's part of controlling something that is always on the verge of being out of control.

I hope WM excels beyond our wildest expectations. I hope the guy supplants TH and ends up being the back we all hope he can be. But, at this point that's all it is, hope.

Perhaps it isn't the wisest thing to spout off touting a guy coming off a 11-28 game (that's a 2.5 ypc average...). Perhaps it’s not the wisest thing to spout off about a guy who has been the heart and soul of this offense for the past year plus. It's one thing to find flaws in a guy’s game, it's another to go off the deep end when speaking about those assumed flaws. I tend to agree with some other posters here, you've allowed your obvious dislike of TH cloud your reason. It’s one fumble in a pre-season game, that’s it.

WM might be a great back one day, but that day hasn't arrived yet. TH is a solid starter, one of the hardest and best runners in the league. Sure he has some flaws, but those flaws aren't significant enough to allow a guy who hasn't run the ball once in a real NFL game to take his job. WM has to do a lot more than he has to take Henry’s starting spot.

My question then is, if in fact it is true that he did make that demand, what is your opinion then?

As i recall the bills said there were no issues with Ruben personally when he missed the last game.  The bills are not always the definition of righteous truthfulness, it's part of controlling something that is always on the verge of being out of control.

3246[/snapback]

Fair enough. If he did make that demand.....1). He's being influenced by his agent or 2). He's dumber than a box of rocks.

That said, I think that TH is over-rated by many on this board. In my humble estimation (as one who watches every play of every Buffalo Bills football game), he has major flaws to coincide with his obvious running skills. I think that WM has the  potential to be a clearly superior back than TH. I do not say this to offend you nor anyone else. I am just a fan, stating an opinion on the best site on the internet, and I dont really see what is so bad about that.  :w00t:

3180[/snapback]

This seems a bit more civil and objective as well. Sure Henry has his faults, small hands

for sure, but he was our only effective offensive weapon most of last year, and played hurt showing great heart. Cut the guy some slack will ya...

Let me be clear. Imo, Travis can run. He is as strong as an ox, and is a tough competitor.

Whos gives you his all every down on every play....why hate on that...?

I also think that he is prone to coughing the football up, lacks break-away speed, cant block, has bad hands, and is a mental midget.

He has some fumble problems that he improved on last season and hopefully will continue to do so this season....i agree with his lack of break away speed but when he is pounding 4yds per with 10+TD's a season who really cares bout the occasional homerun.....About his Blocking/Hands although he isnt great he is well above average if not good at both, were do you get that he is bad at it(was it from last season??)

He also has character issues. His sexual escapade with a 15 year old and missed flight to a dolphin game did little to endear him to me.

A 15 year old he met in a 18 and older club...i cant fault him on that...

Yes and despite the bad coaching(which refused/abandoned the run) and piss poor line he rushed for 1356(4.1) and 10 TD's with a rib&leg injury....Am i missing something here??

I also hope that WM excels here....we will be better off with two top RB's for the next two years....but the trade talk shouldnt even be talked about til WM proves he completely back and ready for the NFL style of play....until then ill be rooting for both TH&WM to lead us to the playoffs

Fair enough.

I think Travis can certainly improve in many area and blocking is one of them.  But there is absolutely Zero proof that Willis solves any of those problems.  It is all based on hope, it would be like campaigning now for JP over Bledsoe.  And you know how that goes over.

My point is that you show no support to a bills player who has given much to this team and was by far a bright spot last year.  Yet you will defend Bledsoe who was a fairly dim spot by all evaluations. I don't understand why the difference especially when there are no valid reasons to be certain Willis will be great or even good.  I am sorry, two games against mixed competition doesn't provide any proof.  I think both Travis and Drew deserve support from bills fans and that the bills have a very unique situation potentially having two very good if not great backs. Your campaign against Travis just seems rather off base.

3238[/snapback]

>>>My point is that you show no support to a bills player who has given much to this team and was by far a bright spot last year.<<<

Your quote is not accurate, in that I did clearly state that TH can run, and is a tough kid. His strong, hard to tackle style is actually what I prefer in a rb, but I do not, as others do, excuse his faults.

You are right in that WM has NOT carried the football in a real football game. What I DO put forth is the hope I posess that WM, because of his physical (and perhaps mental) attributes, can do more to help our beloved Bills than can TH. I do not think that this kid was drafted for NO reason by a team with other glaring needs, (such as LG).

I view TH as a kid with faults in his game, and a football player with some mileage at a position with a traditionally short shelf life, as opposed to qbs who have won superbowls well into their thirties.

I am hoping that RB will be a strength for this team in the future, and that we can set our sights at help on the OL and the secondary in the upcoming drafts. These guys, imo, are much harder to get than RBs.

>>>My point is that you show no support to a bills player who has given much to this team and was by far a bright spot last year.<<<

Your quote is not accurate, in that I did clearly state that TH can run, and is a tough kid. His strong, hard to tackle style is actually what I prefer in a rb, but I do not, as others do, excuse his faults.

You are right in that WM has NOT carried the football in a real football game. What I DO put forth is the hope I posess that WM, because of his physical (and perhaps mental) attributes, can do more to help our beloved Bills than can TH. I do not think that this kid was drafted for NO reason by a team with other glaring needs, (such as LG).

I view TH as a kid with faults in his game, and a football player with some mileage at a position with a traditionally short shelf life, as opposed to qbs who have won superbowls well into their thirties.

I am hoping that RB will be a strength for this team in the future, and that we can set our sights at help on the OL and the secondary in the upcoming drafts. These guys, imo, are much harder to get than RBs.

3273[/snapback]

I don't know that hope is a good way to pick your team. It never worked for RJ and there were mountains of hope for that guy.

Archived