Most underrated Bill of the last 25 years

Buftex

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derrick Burroughs could have been a star :lol:

729135[/snapback]

Burroughs started playing well at the end of his shortened career, and serves as an example of why patience is so important with young players. He was awful as a rookie, and was prone to major mistakes...and cheap shots...

That game in Tampa when he went down...he was having a monster game.  The last series before he went down was an amazing, LT-like performance...

My vote, though, goes to Phil Hansen.  Not a flashy performer, just solid and consistent.  Bruce made the plays, but Hansen's performance anchored the defensive line for a decade.  Frankly, I wish we had a few more guys like Hansen on the team right now...

728690[/snapback]

Hansen.

Versatility awas something I always appreciated in Hansen. Sliding inside for the likes of Bennett, Paup and Jeffcoat on passing downs.

Meet him at the 2002 training camp to.

More than 25 years ago, but I do believe Wray Carlton, who paired with Cookie Gilchrist and then had an outstanding running career on his own in the glory years was very underrated. Great blocker (as was Gilchrist) overshadowed by one of football's real characters.