NFLDraftCountdown.com '07 Round One Mock Up

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills finish last in the NFL this year, then yes, it is time to pick a new QB, so Quinn is my choice at this point. But I believe Losman will win the starting job for this year and for years to come.

I hope Marv prints this up and puts it on the bulletin board for all to see. Last year TKO going down was the difference in stopping the run plus letting Williams go for nothing. We have 3 new def tackles and TKO will be back so run D will improve. Division opponents are nothing to be afraid of any more as the Patsies have let many of the good players leave and are not the elite team of the AFC any more. Don't forget the dolfelons were 3 and 6 when Eric Moulds and Malarkey lost the game by putting their heads up the rumps in Miami. Did anyone see Culpepper last year before he blew up his knee -- he SUCKED!!! The Vikings won without him and if you think Joey Harrington can lead the fish anywhere check out the Lions record. The Jets are a question mark with a rag arm QB and a washed up guy from Washington that was given a starting job like Losman and messed it up. THe key is Losman - if he can lead us to 3 scoring drives out of 9 this team will win 10 games. (remember the BIlls had a lead in New England late in the 4th quarter so this team can compete). THese predictions should fuel the coaching staff to get the players riled up and I can see a big turnaround this year. Brady Quinn get your bags packed for Frisco or maybe Detroit because you will not be coming to Buffalo any time soon.

If the Bills finish last in the NFL this year, then yes, it is time to pick a new QB, so Quinn is my choice at this point. But I believe Losman will win the starting job for this year and for years to come.

727775[/snapback]

I doubt the Bills will finish last in the NFL, but I have a feeling next year will still be time to pick a new QB

I wouldn't mind taking Stanton from Michigan State. Unless we do finish in the crapper we will not have a shot at Quinn. If we are below mediocre like alot of people think it can be a great spot to get Stanton or if JP does well this year we would also go with Levi Brown. Brown looked great last year and is a 4 year starter. Could be a solid LT for a long time.

I agree that we will be bottom ten. I have some crazy dream of us being 8-8 (conceivable.) If (and I mean if...I'm hoping this will not be the case) JP turns into a bust, I can see us being in the bottom two or three, maybe bad enough for the first pick. If JP is a bust, then the Quinn pick looks pretty good as of this moment.

they won;t even  be picking in the top 10.

728054[/snapback]

I would actually take action on that. I think Buffalo goes 6-10. Like the rest of you I would love for them to contend but they dont have the tools yet. Learning a new offense and a new defense is very tough not to mention the new coaching changes.

Everybody is talking about QB.

What about RB?? Willis is probably NOT going to re-sign with the Bills, and its not like we have a Larry Johnson as a back-up to Priest Holmes or a Lamont Jordan as a backup to Curtis Martin waiting in the wings. I think our first pick next year will be a RB.

Everybody is talking about QB. 

What about RB??  Willis is probably NOT going to re-sign with the Bills, and its not like we have a Larry Johnson as a back-up to Priest Holmes or a Lamont Jordan as a backup to Curtis Martin waiting in the wings.  I think our first pick next year will be a RB.

728080[/snapback]

RBs can be had later in the draft. Dontcha think that getting people who can block for a running back (or a qb) might be a cool idea? :unsure:

RBs can be had later in the draft. Dontcha think that getting people who can block for a running back (or a qb) might be a cool idea?  :unsure:

728085[/snapback]

You're right.

I'll retract my prediction. I think that we'll draft a RB before we draft a QB next year. That might be hard to do if we do have the 1st overall pick in the draft next year. Howver, I am an eternal optimist, and I believe the Bills won't finish with the worst record in the NFL.

727775[/snapback]

I hope Losman shows significant progress this season so we can spend our #1 on a top O-Lineman.

Also, although I admire the positive attitude here it is only that. There is absolutely no reason, factual or otherwise. to believe this team is capable of finishing 8-8. Five wins, tops.

I hope Losman shows significant progress this season so we can spend our #1 on a top O-Lineman.

Also, although I admire the positive attitude here it is only that. There is absolutely no reason, factual or otherwise. to believe this team is capable of finishing 8-8. Five wins, tops.

The Bills will at least win 1 more game than last year.

The Bills will at least win 1 more game than last year.

728157[/snapback]

Like I said......keep reaching for the sky.....eye on the prize.

You like to set those really high goals huh? :unsure:

Like I said......keep reaching for the sky.....eye on the prize.

You like to set those really high goals huh? :unsure:

Notice the "at least." And didja miss THIS post from the first page?

Sorry but that's something I know won't happen and thus am willing to bet on.  Other stuff I think will happen but won't bet on is the Bills having a better record than the Dolphins.  Is that "reaching for the sky"-enough for ya?