Early stages of a prank war

Senior year of HS, 3 buddies of mine and I were driving to Daytona Beach for Spring Break.  We decided to take along the annoying, grumpy neighbor's lawn gnome.  It was about 3 feet tall and his wife apparently painted the thing. 

So we start taking pics of the lawn gnome traveling down the east coast....in Pitt, next to a Rocky Mountain Oysters served here sign in Va., at a Peach Farm in S. Carolina etc.  Then in front of the motel in Daytona, with chicks rubbing their breasts in its face, in bars, with beers, with the bong, at the bottom of the pool etc. 

We return the thing a week later, with a set of photos taped to it.  Apparently, we left one photo with our faces in the set.  Grumpy old dude saw me a week later, smiled and said his lawn gnome had a better week than he did.  Took the joke suprisingly well.  His wife looked at me funny ever since, however.

726908[/snapback]

I don't know if you have ever heard of a Canadian band called the Matthew Good Band, but one of their last music videos was that exact same thing. Matthew Good and I believe his guitarist steal someone Lawn Gnome and take it to famous places in the US, like Graceland, New Orleans, The Alamo, and take pics of it at all the famous places and return it at the end to the owners house.

It is a great prank to do, and the person the prank is done to usually gets a kick out of it afterwards

In college, a guy had a Volkswagon Beetle that didn't work. We put a fish from the meat market under the seat and it sat there for a few more months (this was the spring). He still hadn't moved it and one night we picked it up and placed it against the front door of the dorm. He found the stench when security contacted him to move it!

The rooms and the halls in the dorm had tile floors. We took a metal dustpan and used it to direct about 10 buckets of water under the door and into his room. There was no sign of the water outside in the hall, but when he opened the door, the entir floor wsa soaked. Luckily it didn't leak down to the next floor.

I don't know if you have ever heard of a Canadian band called the Matthew Good Band, but one of their last music videos was that exact same thing. Matthew Good and I believe his guitarist steal someone Lawn Gnome and take it to famous places in the US, like Graceland, New Orleans, The Alamo, and take pics of it at all the famous places and return it at the end to the owners house.

It is a great prank to do, and the person the prank is done to usually gets a kick out of it afterwards

727010[/snapback]

Don't know if that came before or after this, but about 10 years ago in Ra-cha-cha a lady with a ton of Lawn Gnomes in her front yard had one stolen and she received "ransom" notes for the Gnome.

The lady ended up getting a LOT of ransom notes. They started coming from places like Texas and California, but eventually were postmarked worldwide (Ireland, Taiwan, Japan, the Netherlands, and several other countries).

To the best of my knowledge, the lady never figured out how the Gnome was getting to so many places. Also, I always believed that lady in Ra-cha-cha's misfortunes were the inspiration for Travelocity's "Roaming Gnome".

THAT was a good prank.

Don't know if that came before or after this, but about 10 years ago in Ra-cha-cha a lady with a ton of Lawn Gnomes in her front yard had one stolen and she received ransom notes for the Gnome.

The lady ended up getting a LOT of ransom notes.  They started coming from places like Texas and California, but eventually were postmarked worldwide (Ireland, Taiwan, Japan, the Netherlands, and several other countries). 

To the best of my knowledge, the lady never figured out how the Gnome was getting to so many places.  Also, I always believed that lady in Ra-cha-cha's misfortunes were the inspiration for Travelocity's "Roaming Gnome".

THAT was a good prank.

727052[/snapback]

Good stuff. The film Amelie had a traveling gnome long before the Travelocity commercials

A few years back we made a sign "I give free head, Honk if you want some!" and fastended it to the back of a fellow Gunnery Sergents car. He drove home that night and I guess people were honking and laughing at him. Oblivious to what was on his car, he said he just smiled and waved back. Boy was he pissed when he found it the next morning...