The Camp Goblin

Mickey

The Camp Goblin has snagged a few of our guys in the last couple of years including Losman, Everett (OTA injury) and Parrish.

Whose turn *shudder* is it this year?

What player's injury would hurt the team the most?

On offense would it be Evans, Gandy ( I know, he is mediocre but what do we have behind him?), Willis, JP? Who gets your vote for mvp in terms of his absence hurting the most?

On defense I would probably go with London Fletcher followed maybe by Schobel or one of the corners.

Special teams, not including the kickers, McGee. He might be the overall winner of the "oh god please not him" in terms of preseason injury since we would lose a great return man and a solid corner.

Will Marv influence Jauron in terms of training camp style so that we see a return of "Club Marv"? If that keeps the Camp Goblin in his hole, I'm all for it.

The Camp Goblin has snagged a few of our guys in the last couple of years including Losman, Everett (OTA injury) and Parrish.

On offense would it be Evans, Gandy ( I know, he is mediocre but what do we have behind him?), Willis, JP?  Who gets your vote for mvp in terms of his absence hurting the most?

On defense I would probably go with London Fletcher followed maybe by Schobel or one of the corners.

Special teams, not including the kickers, McGee.  He might be the overall winner of the "oh god please not him" in terms of preseason injury since we would lose a great return man and a solid corner.

Will Marv influence Jauron in terms of training camp style so that we see a return of "Club Marv"?  If that keeps the Camp Goblin in his hole, I'm all for it.

722362[/snapback]

id say t.mcgee or willis. 2 of the more exciting players on the team.

On offense would it be Evans, Gandy ( I know, he is mediocre but what do we have behind him?), Willis, JP?  Who gets your vote for mvp in terms of his absence hurting the most?

Special teams, not including the kickers, McGee.  He might be the overall winner of the "oh god please not him" in terms of preseason injury since we would lose a great return man and a solid corner.

Will Marv influence Jauron in terms of training camp style so that we see a return of "Club Marv"?  If that keeps the Camp Goblin in his hole, I'm all for it.

722362[/snapback]

Great thread, jinx.

I think there are quite a few that would have a significant impact on us if the injury bug bit'm. McGahee would hurt, but Thomas played well in Jauron's system before. So that one may not be devastating. I think if Schoebel got hurt it would be a terrible hit to the DL group. I think in a case like that though that we would see McCargo thrown to the DE spot and Anderson along with Williams splitting the DT time. Or maybe Posey at DE wih Crowell taking his spot. Either way, it would be a significant drop off.

The one quarterback that would effect us the most by getting hurt would be JP for the simple fact that we would have to wait another year to see if he is the second coming of Jim Kelly or the second coming of Rob Johnson.

I don't know that I would say we would really be devastated by a single injury in the defensive backfield either. Now if Clements and McGee both got hurt, we'd be in DEEP trouble. McGee not only effects the DB situation, but our #1 special teams unit as well so it would hurt a bit more.

I think that if Royal got hurt in the pre-season this year that would be a big slap in the face. He was brought in to help open holes for Willis and to help protect the QB when kept in. So being the blocker that he is it would really hurt us to lose him for a stretch and he is definitely a good blocker.

Evans going down though, I believe, would have the greatest impact on the offense. That's JP's go-to-guy. They were starting to really develope a chemistry last year. To lose JP's favorite target and the foundation of our receiving core would be crushing.

On defense, it's gotta be Fletcher or Spikes. With both of them together we have a top defense. Put one out there by themselves and you have the 29th. Spikes was the major reason for our drop-off last year and to lose either of these guy's impact and leadership would be terrible for us. I think Watson will end up being a good LB, but he needs to be up under Fletcher and learn for a year or 2. I don't think he's quite ready yet. Crowell is decent, but he's definitely no Takeo. It might be just as crappy if Spikes comes back and never regains his form. All we can do is wait , cross our fingers, and pray that we get through those 5 or 6 weeks injury free. It's kinda like being in front of the big screen, the sound of, "dooh, dooh, dooh, dooh, dooh, doot, dooh, doot," in the background, and talkin about, "C'mon, big bucks, no whammies, big bucks, no whammies, big bucks, no whammies, STOP!!!" We'll have to wait to see what the outcome is. :o

Great thread, jinx.

722390[/snapback]

Its an anti-jinx since no such thread appeared the last two years and we had injuries just the same to our top picks. This thread is a shield against bad luck. It would be a jinx if I espoused the opinion that we wouldn't suffer such an injury this year. :o

Its an anti-jinx since no such thread appeared the last two years and we had injuries just the same to our top picks.  This thread is a shield against bad luck.  It would be a jinx if I espoused the opinion that we wouldn't suffer such an injury this year. :o

722432[/snapback]

Any mention of "camp" and "injuries" will brand you the title of "Nostradammit" if something happens, no matter which way you try to word it.

Past winners.....

2003 - Dan Gross

2004 - stevestojan

Any mention of "camp" and "injuries" will brand you the title of "Nostradammit" if something happens, no matter which way you try to word it.

Past winners.....

2003 - Dan Gross

2004 - stevestojan

722735[/snapback]

Moorman. The punt may be our best weapon this season.

I would be upset if we lost Triplett, schobel, mcgee, evans, or mcgahee

722493[/snapback]

or....Peters, TKO, Whittner, McCargo, Moorman....hell, I'd be upset if we lost Losman, Fowler, Gandy, Reyes, Preston, Villarrial, Everett, Royal, Ko Simpson, Crowell, Fletcher, Kelsay, Lindell, Schneck or even Anderson.