Whitner listed as #2 impact newcomer in

ACor58

Link

I didn't think that he would rank that high (not that it matters), ahead of D'Brick and Maroney but nice to see none the less. Price was ranked #7 (not sure where they found a shot of him actually catching a ball in Dallas.)

In that picture, Price hasn't actually caught the ball yet. A lot can happen in those last 3 inches.

In the NFC East, they have

1. Terrell Owens

2. Andre Carter

3. Broderick Bunkley

4. LeVar Arrington

5. Mike VanDerJagt

6. Adam Archuleta

7. Darren Howard

You gotta think that Bunkley and Arrington are a little high. Either that, or Sports illustrated is.

Link

I didn't think that he would rank that high (not that it matters), ahead of D'Brick and Maroney but nice to see none the less. Price was ranked #7 (not sure where they found a shot of him actually catching a ball in Dallas.)

721958[/snapback]

I think that Triplett and/or McCargo better be positive impact newcomers for us or it is going to be a very long season.

Link

721958[/snapback]

In my locality, you can't avoid getting a lot of OSU football. Whitner was always around the ball.

He might make a big splash.

In that picture, Price hasn't actually caught the ball yet. A lot can happen in those last 3 inches.

In the NFC East, they have

1. Terrell Owens

2. Andre Carter

3. Broderick Bunkley

4. LeVar Arrington

5. Mike VanDerJagt

6. Adam Archuleta

7. Darren Howard

You gotta think that Bunkley and Arrington are a little high. Either that, or Sports illustrated is.

721965[/snapback]

Wasn't TO already in the NFC East???

Wasn't TO already in the NFC East???

721996[/snapback]

So was Lavar Arrington.

Same division, different teams.

Somebody ask SI why Dallas is in the NFC East.

They're in a different friggin time zone even.

That's aways pissed me off.

So was Lavar Arrington.

Same division, different teams.

Somebody ask SI why Dallas is in the NFC East.

They're in a different friggin time zone even.

That's aways pissed me off.

721998[/snapback]

Because Jerry Jones is a very powerful owner and he didn't want to lose his traditional rivalries when they shuffled the divisions.

Somebody go tell Mort.  At last check, he was still yammering about "confusion in the Bills' War Room" or something to that effect.

721995[/snapback]

Shame on Mort. Whitner was a very notable college player, at least to me. Play after play after play - he was in the camera. Made a tackle, turned a runner for others, knocked a ball down and so on.

A big plus for the Bills if he does that. That's Ron Woodson, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis or TKO play. Need not make the play - but funnels it to the stoppers.

I think that Triplett and/or McCargo better be positive impact newcomers for us or it is going to be a very long season.

721967[/snapback]

Chances are if Triplett/McCargo/Anderson have a big season the majority of the credit will end up in a defensive back's future paycheck. Since that's the reality of this league, I'd be just as happy seeing it go to a hard-sticking Safety who's spreading some fear rather than anyone else in the backfield.

I see this wasnt mentioned yet but notice how dbrickshaw ferguson is really thin and wears knee braces.  That seems like a great pick

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.4.html

722025[/snapback]

If you watch closely you will see that a lot of Offensive Lineman wear knee braces. Both for stability and to offer some sort of protection against getting rolled into, which happens quite a bit.

I don't think that Brick has any knee problems and I while he might be thin, he is very athletic and has a huge wingspan. Being fat does not mean being good. See Williams, Mike.

If you watch closely you will see that a lot of Offensive Lineman wear knee braces. Both for stability and to offer some sort of protection against getting rolled into, which happens quite a bit.

I don't think that Brick has any knee problems and I while he might be thin, he is very athletic and has a huge wingspan. Being fat does not mean being good. See Williams, Mike.

722038[/snapback]

Well, IIRC he didn't shine in his post-season play...

Because Jerry Jones is a very powerful owner and he didn't want to lose his traditional rivalries when they shuffled the divisions.

722000[/snapback]

The NFL actually considered changing Time Zones to accomodate Jerry Jones. He's that powerful. Really.

(Am I the only one who loves to see him pacing the sidelines when his team starts to meltdown?)

722000[/snapback]

Pretty much the same reason Buffalo is in the AFC East.

(Am I the only one who loves to see him pacing the sidelines when his team starts to meltdown?)

722099[/snapback]

Not by a long shot. Its almost as good as seeing Drews dazed look while he's screwing up.

Not by a long shot. Its almost as good as seeing Drews dazed look while he's screwing up.

722168[/snapback]

Drew has that same blank look when he's riding high. Should have been a poker player.

Pretty much the same reason Buffalo is in the AFC East.

722103[/snapback]

absolutely. using geographical logic, the bills should be in the central and baltimore should be in the east. wilson wanted to maintain that vaunted rivalry with miami, though (although the only people who are aware of the rivalry are bills fans) ...

absolutely. using geographical logic, the bills should be in the central and baltimore should be in the east. wilson wanted to maintain that vaunted rivalry with miami, though (although the only people who are aware of the rivalry are bills fans) ...

722273[/snapback]

And Dan Marino

Three reasons:

1. When I lived in Pittsburgh the local paper did an interview and when asked about Buffalo he said something to the effect of "It's a town full of losers, I hate the city, the people blah, blah, blah." I was howling laughing.

2. He hates Buffalo so much he won't say Buffalo Wings(he only says wings) - on a radio interview in Pittsburgh they were purposely trying to get him to say the word Buffalo - and he wouldn't.

3. We are the primary reason he doesn't have a super bowl ring - my favorite!!!!

GO BILLS!!!