Supp Draft - Any Help?

bigtex

What are everyone's thoughts on the Supplemental Draft in July? I think Ahmad Brooks would be a physical freak, but may cost too much, but what about Ahmard Hall from UT? Could be a real rock in the offense and help shore up some blocking and the running game, as well as help out with the pass protections. Thoughts?

The most I'd give-up for Brooks, a huge character risk, is a 3rd rounder. However most other teams would do the same, and someone (read: Dolphins) is sure to spend a 2nd rounder on him. Still worth a shot, especially if the Bills get the 1st pick in each round (which is highly unlikely, but possible).

What about a strong fullback like Hall to sure up the blocking scheme?

715831[/snapback]

FBs are rarely taken in the normal draft let alone the supplemental, as stated Brooks is the best talent out there but doubt the Bills would take him given we took a LB in last year's draft and LB is widely considered a position of strength on the current team.

London is getting older but still has some left in the tank, as far as the rest of the group Crowell showed alot lost year stepping up for TKO he has earned a starting spot in my opinion. TKO is an obvious force when healthy but that was a very serious injury, who knows if he will be a ble to play at 90%. Adding some depth at the LB spot is not a bad idea, as long as we do not overpay for it.

FBs are rarely taken in the normal draft let alone the supplemental, as stated Brooks is the best talent out there but doubt the Bills would take him given we took a LB in last year's draft and LB is widely considered a position of strength on the current team.

715848[/snapback]

Hall is more than just a FB and at his workouts I hear he had incredible hands catching out of the backfield as well, which could be a nice compliment to the short passing game... I just like kids that come from winning programs, with good attitudes, he was in the Marines and is a hard worker, I think he can contribute.

And, there were 5 FB's drafted in the 2005 draft, just FYI

Brooks is a HUGE character risk, as MadBuffalo has already said...aside from him, there really isnt a talent worthy of a draft pick out of the bunch.

I wouldnt touch Brooks with a ten foot pole though, the guy is an off-the-field time bomb waiting to happen.

This is the guy I want in the 7th round of the 2006 Supplemental Draft:

David Dixon, LB, Hutchinson (Kansas) Community College

Dixon was one of the top rated JUCO players in the country failed to qualify academically at Kansas State this fall and rather than spending another year in limbo decided to test his hand in the draft.

Dixon has been clocked in the 4.4 range in the 40 yard dash, has leaped 44 inches in the vertical jump and can bench press close to 500lbs. His 10 blocked kicks in two years at Hutchinson also looks nice on his resume with his 43 tackles for a loss. At 6'2 and 245lbs, Dixon is the ideal outside linebacker in the NFL. Questions will arise about his lack of experience and level of play, but Dixon is a natural athlete that with some time and seasoning could be a steal.

As far as I can tell, out of players currently in the league, only Mike Wahle was a successful supplemental draftee.

717448[/snapback]

He hasn't been a free agent yet and doesn't make the highlights, so the casual fan may not know who Jamal Williams is, but he is arguably the best NT in the NFL. Awesome player.

I've heard that some teams feel Ahmad Brooks could bulk up a bit and play DE. He currently weighs 260 lbs. and reportedly ran a sub 4.6 ( I believe 4.57 is accurate). The other thing about Brooks is that he let his weight ballon upwards, about 280-285 lbs. Makes you wonder?!?!