Rosenhaus in Buffalo!!!

http://www.billsdaily.com/

Fletcher Gets New Agent: In anticipation of impending free agency, London Fletcher has switched agents. He has brought in heavyweight agent Drew Rosenhaus. Fletcher feels he has earned a contract extension from the Bills and would like to stay in Buffalo. Rosenhaus says he has a good relationship with the organization and they are talking about an extension. Fletcher is due to become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

Fletcher you better know what your doing. :huh:

If he was younger, I'd agree that he deserves an extension. Let's see the final direction this team is going in at the end of the year first. Right now, I think it looks like this is it for him.

It makes perfect sense to me for us fans to hate Drew Rosenhaus for his antics (the fake call to WM during the draft) and for the tap dance hedid representing an idiot like TO.

However, it also makes perfect sense to me for a player to hire him as an agent cause like it or not he produced good contracts under extremely bad conditions for both players.

His job is not to be like by you or me. his job is to produce good contracts for the players who hire him.

He certainly had a positive working relationship with TD as seen in his pick of and the incentive laden contract given to WM. As it is actually a whole team of Bills beyond TD who worked on the details of signing Rosenhaus represented players is does no surprise me at all that he has a positive working relationship with us or that Fletcher will profit (literally) from having DR represent him.

Note to self: Do not sleep with Willis M and do not make any personal deals with Drew Rosehaus. However root like heck and a bills fan for WM and Fletcher to do well on the field.

http://www.billsdaily.com/

Fletcher Gets New Agent: In anticipation of impending free agency, London Fletcher has switched agents. He has brought in heavyweight agent Drew Rosenhaus. Fletcher feels he has earned a contract extension from the Bills and would like to stay in Buffalo. Rosenhaus says he has a good relationship with the organization and they are talking about an extension. Fletcher is due to become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

Fletcher you better know what your doing. :huh:

707070[/snapback]

I think they should see how Fletcher does in this new scheme. He's not great at the point of attack and now he will probably be playing with two undersized, one-gap DT's in front of him. Might not be the right MLB for this style.

I think they should see how Fletcher does in this new scheme.  He's not great at the point of attack and now he will probably be playing with two undersized, one-gap DT's in front of him.  Might not be the right MLB for this style.

707429[/snapback]

Like I said before, "Fletcher you better know what your doing." :)

I think they should see how Fletcher does in this new scheme.  He's not great at the point of attack and now he will probably be playing with two undersized, one-gap DT's in front of him.  Might not be the right MLB for this style.

707429[/snapback]

He did fine in STL in the cover 2 I wouldn't worry about fletcher.

If he was younger, I'd agree that he deserves an extension. Let's see the final direction this team is going in at the end of the year first. Right now, I think it looks like this is it for him.

707194[/snapback]

At his age, if we were NE we'd be saying thanks and moving on to the next generation rather than giving him an extension and hoping he maintains his level of play. Seems to work for them.

I say it's time for Ezekial after this year.

At his age, if we were NE we'd be saying thanks and moving on to the next generation rather than giving him an extension and hoping he maintains his level of play.  Seems to work for them.

I say it's time for Ezekial after this year.

707509[/snapback]

Ezekial? Why does he keep being brought up? Other than the fact that he is on the depth chart, has he shown that he has the capacity to be a starter? If Fletcher walks after this year, I would hope Ezekial isn't the plan for the future.

I dont know where the ezekial stuff is coming from. He's either the next in the line of "great white hopes" ala coy wire/josh stamer/chris kelsay or they like him cause he punched a punter in college. I've never seen him on the field so I dont know if he can or can't play. If he can good for us. Odds are though more likely courtney watson will be the player who takes fletcher spot. However with that said I hope fletcher has a great season and if the bills feel he can give them a few more by all means get an extension done. Or Hope Watson can develop enough to take his spot.

Ezekial?  Why does he keep being brought up?  Other than the fact that he is on the depth chart, has he shown that he has the capacity to be a starter?  If Fletcher walks after this year, I would hope Ezekial isn't the plan for the future.

707536[/snapback]

ok, I agree, I havn't seen anything from him.

I'm really just making the abstract point (not particularly novel) about NE's ability to let good vets walk when they are peaking and finding good inexpensive replacements on the roster.

I think for the folks currently on the roster, unless Watson shows a lot at MLB then I think that clearly the first try would be to go with Crowell.

I was pleasantlly surprise with is work at MLB as a reserve last pre-season.

Some folks seem to complain about his work backing up TKO after the injury. However, the forget #1 that he was on the depth chart as an MLB and they actually thought well enough of him to move him to WLB rather than promote Haggan who was on the depth chart as TKO replacement. His work was not only that of a youngster suddenly thrust into a starting positon, but as a youngster who switched positions to go there.

Second, i thought he looked pretty good on an unproductive D as a back-up. Like this team in general due to its problems up front, the LBs did not control the run as well as needed to be done. However, when one looks at the sacks he made, and even took in a couple of IBTS, I think he looked pretty good.

The Ezekial comments are a joke as seen in our acquisition of another MLB in Watson, and beyiond that I think IF there is an opening at MLB next year, if Crowell continues his progression from the step up as a pro he took last year, he will get a shot at MLB and may well do the job well if he steps it up another notch.

I was kind-of ticked at Fletcher for not showing up at the OTAs, BUT....after hearing about his Mom, his abscence should be understood.

Rosen???, that is a problem. I do think Fletcher is worthy of an extension, but NOT at at unreasonable price. This team has been short on leadership for some time now and it looks like FDletcher was the only person trying last year. Then again, the Bills haven't been a T-E-A-M for the last 5 years, what makes anyone think Fletcher is the leader this club is looking for??? No one has stepped up to this over his tenure.

I think will do the right thing, but not at the expense of the T-E-A-M.

I hate to say it but this will be Fletchers last year as a Bill. He is nearing the end of his rope and he is going to want a big payday before he hangs it up. We all know no one in the NFL keeps there word and Fletch will be released without the payoff. This is going to be pretty sad considering he was the most dominant player on defense the past 6 years. This guy flew under the radar and got the job done. You cannot ask anything more from a guy who brought it and left it on the field for every game. I really hope Marv and the boys step up and pay him. He is probably the only Bill that deserves to get his.

I hate to say it but this will be Fletchers last year as a Bill. He is nearing the end of his rope and he is going to want a big payday before he hangs it up. We all know no one in the NFL keeps there word and Fletch will be released without the payoff. This is going to be pretty sad considering he was the most dominant player on defense the past 6 years. This guy flew under the radar and got the job done. You cannot ask anything more from a guy who brought it and left it on the field for every game. I really hope Marv and the boys step up and pay him. He is probably the only Bill that deserves to get his.

707655[/snapback]

he was compensated for his stellar play for the last few years.

You don't give him a big new contract for past services.

Since he is already on the wrong side of 30, there is very little chance that he will continue to perform at an all-star level to justify a huge long term contract.

Bills will probably offer a contract which pays him at a high level for 2 years and then gives them an out.