uh oh

kgun

Mcgahee is a top tier running back.  I like his skill, power, and speed, I would take him any day over most backs in the league.  The guy is making 1 and change I think for this year.  I'd be a little upset too making that money if i'm the featured back on an NFL team relative to the RB market around the NFL for starters.

706939[/snapback]

Top tier ? In the NFL or Madden 2006??

If you mean the NFL then I must be watching a different player. I see a RB who acts / plays like he could care less.

As I said before, I can't wait for the day he ISN'T a Bill...

Top tier ?  In the NFL or Madden 2006??

If you mean the NFL then I must be watching a different player.  I see a RB who acts / plays like he could care less. 

707123[/snapback]

10 Willis McGahee BUF 1247 325 3.8 5 27

Ranked 10th in the league on one of the NFL's worst ranked offenses. A bright spot on the team if you ask me. Misery loves company.

Top tier ?  In the NFL or Madden 2006??

If you mean the NFL then I must be watching a different player.  I see a RB who acts / plays like he could care less. 

707123[/snapback]

Look up in the sky...it's a bird....it's a plane....no it's....

MR. PEDANTIC

Sorry everyone, but you know how some things just bug you? Well....

"could care less" is one of mine.

the expression should be "couldn't care less" meaning he cares so little, he couldn't care less about it.

Another pet hate is "tender hooks"......it is meant to be "tenterhooks".

I know I am being silly/annoying/pedantic/ridiculous but....well...it bugs me.

This is in no way personal against anyone & is in no way related to mister McGahee.

Please feel free to pedantically pick me up on sayings I misuse that bug you. :)

Look up in the sky...it's a bird....it's a plane....no it's....

MR. PEDANTIC

Sorry everyone, but you know how some things just bug you?  Well....

"could care less" is one of mine.

the expression should be "couldn't care less" meaning he cares so little, he couldn't care less about it.

Another pet hate is "tender hooks"......it is meant to be "tenterhooks".

I know I am being silly/annoying/pedantic/ridiculous but....well...it bugs me.

This is in no way personal against anyone & is in no way related to mister McGahee.

Please feel free to pedantically pick me up on sayings I misuse that bug you. :)

707605[/snapback]

Sorry, Mr. Dibs, but the 'could care less' crowd must be given the leeway that the expression is ironic; the intented meaning of the speaker/writer is of course opposite. I don't see this choice appearing in the English grammer books or at least considered by critics such as yourself. I always consider the ironic mode when I hear the expression.

Let him prove himself on the field this year.

706841[/snapback]

What a great concept! Actually evaluating a player based on what he does on the field. Alot of NFL players are arrogant jerks, and Willis has proved to be that at times. The "best in the league" comments last year ticked me off, but I am glad to hear that he reportedly is in great physical shape and look forward to seeing what he brings to the table this year.

The tide at TSW turns too quickly for me to wrap my head around.

Sorry, Mr. Dibs, but the 'could care less' crowd must be given the leeway that the expression is ironic; the intented meaning of the speaker/writer is of course opposite.  I don't see this choice appearing in the English grammer books or at least considered by critics such as yourself.  I always consider the ironic mode when I hear the expression.

707713[/snapback]

Well there you go. I knew there was a good reason to post my gripe....I hadn't considered it was an intentional ironic misuse.

You know, I have a feeling it won't bug me as much in future.

Thanks! 0:)

Perhaps we should wait until camp actually starts before the rest of you continue your "i hate willis because he didnt come to a voluntary camp" crusades.

706961[/snapback]

Nope. Opinion stands and it is not confined to missing voluntary camp. Good to very good player, no doubt. I like his power and toughness very much.

He is not a bad guy. But "talent will not win without character". Maybe Marv and Dick will rub off on him as he matures and grows this year, but from what I know now, I don't hate him, I just don't see him as a fit on this team past the next year or two.

What a great concept!  Actually evaluating a player based on what he does on the field.  Alot of NFL players are arrogant jerks, and Willis has proved to be that at times.  The "best in the league" comments last year ticked me off, but I am glad to hear that he reportedly is in great physical shape and look forward to seeing what he brings to the table this year.

The tide at TSW turns too quickly for me to wrap my head around.

707720[/snapback]

No reason to kick him off the team and no reason to give him a big contract extension either. Play him and see what happens.

That said, IMHO, he is not a great fit on this team as I believe Marv envisions it and has not proved to be a consistenly good RB. Hopefully a better offensive line players and schemes will prove to be a difference for him and he will prove me wrong.

Peace. Go Bills!

Mcgahee is a top tier running back.  I like his skill, power, and speed, I would take him any day over most backs in the league.

706939[/snapback]

It really depends on how you would define "elite" and how much homerism would dictate McGahee's rise up your list of "top teir" backs. Two years ago I might have agreed he was on his way to being a top teir back, but after last years perfromance I'd rank him behind the following backs:

Tomlinson

Alexander

Portis

Larry Johnson

Tiki Barber

Edgerrin James

I'd say the above are CLEARLY better than WM and are the "elite" backs in the league while the ones listed below are 2nd teir backs:

Cadillac Williams

Rudi Johnson

Warrick Dunn

Willie Parker

Steven Jackson

LaMont Jordan

Jamal Lewis (he could prove last year was a fluke and return to elite status)

Thomas Jones

Reuben Droughns

Which group do you think Willis belongs in? Willis is a good back but unless he gets his burst back from college (which I doubt) and gets the stiff arm back he had in year one (which I hope) I don't think he'll ever be on of the elite backs in the league.

That's not a bad thing, a team can certainly win with a "good" back...in fact I think it's preferable as it's unececary to blow a huge chunk of the salary cap on a RB but let's not overstate how good WM is just because he's a Bill.

Mcgahee is a top tier running back.  I like his skill, power, and speed, I would take him any day over most backs in the league.  The guy is making 1 and change I think for this year.  I'd be a little upset too making that money if i'm the featured back on an NFL team relative to the RB market around the NFL for starters.

706939[/snapback]

Excuse me?! We drafted him, and paid him to sit on his a$$ for a year. Then, we have watched him be absolutely mediocre, and actually digress last year. And he should get more money??! He signed the deal, now he can play till it expires.

It really depends on how you would define "elite" and how much homerism would dictate McGahee's rise up your list of "top teir" backs.  Two years ago I might have agreed he was on his way to being a top teir back, but after last years perfromance I'd rank him behind the following backs:

Tomlinson

Alexander

Portis

Larry Johnson

Tiki Barber

Edgerrin James

I'd say the above are CLEARLY better than WM and are the "elite" backs in the league while the ones listed below are 2nd teir backs:

Cadillac Williams

Rudi Johnson

Warrick Dunn

Willie Parker

Steven Jackson

LaMont Jordan

Jamal Lewis (he could prove last year was a fluke and return to elite status)

Thomas Jones

Reuben Droughns

Which group do you think Willis belongs in?  Willis is a good back but unless he gets his burst back from college (which I doubt) and gets the stiff arm back he had in year one (which I hope) I don't think he'll ever be on of the elite backs in the league. 

That's not a bad thing, a team can certainly win with a "good" back...in fact I think it's preferable as it's unececary to blow a huge chunk of the salary cap on a RB but let's not overstate how good WM is just because he's a Bill.

708009[/snapback]

I bet you can add Ronnie Brown to the top 6 list soon. Very unfortunately, but I think with that kids hands and runnign skills he will be very good now that he is playing with a good QB in Culpepper.

Hopefully, baloney for the Patroits tanks but he or one of the the other rookies could surprise big time this year... Of your 2nd tier guys I put Cadillac Williams

Rudi Johnson

Warrick Dunn

Steven Jackson a cut above the others with McGahee at the bottom of my small 2nd tier list.

There's nothing wrong with having Rosenhaus (however he spells it) as an agent. Just because he reps T.O. and seems to be somewhat of an ass...he gets deals done and is VERY good at his job. No reason to be "scared" of some of our players having him represent them or even "resent" it. And I can't believe what some of you are saying about McGahee...if you can't see something special then you must have blinders on.

Which group do you think Willis belongs in?  Willis is a good back but unless he gets his burst back from college (which I doubt) and gets the stiff arm back he had in year one (which I hope) I don't think he'll ever be on of the elite backs in the league. 

708009[/snapback]

Speaking of which, What happened to MacGahee's stiffarm? It almost completely disappeared after the first game of the year. Does anyone know if he might have had a shoulder|elbow|wrist injury? Or was he just trying to "hit the hole hard" (per Mularkey) and not work the edge?

Or was he just trying to "hit the hole hard" (per Mularkey) and not work the edge?

708145[/snapback]

The 'hole' with the LB or DB waiting to tackle? The only holes on the field for the Bills were the ones in Mularkey's head.