*World Cup Game Thread*

ajzepp

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This match has definitely lived up to expectations.....and that second goal by argentina was SICK....one of the more entertaining matches of the tourney so far!

This match has definitely lived up to expectations.....and that second goal by argentina was SICK....one of the more entertaining matches of the tourney so far!

713724[/snapback]

Like I said before. Argentina will pay for leaving Samuel back home. 0:)

713724[/snapback]

Very entertaining match..And the second goal was SICK...It is THE highlight goal of the tournament < so far >

You like the Germans too??  Awesome 0:)  I thought I was alone in that sentiment. I am German on both sides (and in the middle), so it's my natural #2 team for the WC. If the Germans go down, I'll have to get behind one of the underdog teams. But for now, GO GERMANY!!!!

713606[/snapback]

Excellent...on to Argentina....should be a classic.

Excellent...on to Argentina....should be a classic.

713873[/snapback]

Yep, I expect it to be a helluva match....can't wait!

Agreed.  Time for Crouch.

713876[/snapback]

Yeah, as much as that guy annoys me, they need to wake up. Although so far in the second half it looks like Rooney is starting to get a bit more aggressive. Does Beckham do anything other than corners and free kicks? He seems slow and uninvolved to me.

EDIT: Can you hear me, Beckham? Nice shot!

England is winning!? 0:)

713887[/snapback]

Ecuador had every opportunity to take the game, but they didn't get it done.

Which is what weak teams do.

713895[/snapback]

Agreed. I think England is not long for this tourney either, though. The team they reminded me of most today was the US team. Instead of taking shots when they had opportunities, they decided to make little dinky passes around the box until it was intercepted. I don't know who they play next, but don't see them getting past that match unless they wake up.

Agreed. I think England is not long for this tourney either, though. The team they reminded me of most today was the US team. Instead of taking shots when they had opportunities, they decided to make little dinky passes around the box until it was intercepted. I don't know who they play next, but  don't see them getting past that match unless they wake up.

713897[/snapback]

They'll be playing Portugal next. I would expect Portugal to win it but for the fact that their playmaker, Deco, misses that game through suspension. Could make a big difference. The refereeing in the Portugal-Holland game was appalling. Completely ruined what was turning into a great game.

It was a terrible ref'd game. Also some idiotic decisions by the players as well. Alot of those tackles were not necessary. And by now, you should know your getting an automatic yellow for time wasting.

But yes, the ref totally killed what could have been the match of the tournament. But it was still a good game.

I'm not sure what the story on Van Nistelroy was? I think we would have scored when Kuyt and others missed.