The Bills outbid NE for Price...

It's because I still have his picture tacked to my wall. The next cåblelady wall signing will be Jim Kelly.  :lol:

704292[/snapback]

I thought you had a picture of me on your wall 0:)

Its hard to tell exactly what you are describing here since it seems to be mostly fact-free opinion rather than something substantial but..

704433[/snapback]

In case you didn't get that, Mark, that's his polite way of saying you're FOS.

0:)

Please!! The Pats offered him vet min. No one else was interested. the Bills bid against themselfs with  a dumb offer. Price is not the player he was 4 years ago.

704693[/snapback]

what's strange about PP is that he wasn't the same player he was here RIGHT AFTER he left. had me wondering if it was the system in ATL (Vick-ball). then he went to Dallas and the ying to his yang (Bledsoe) couldn't reconnect with him.

just strange, because I could see if it was injuries or age, but he dropped off quickly....a year after he left Buffalo...

i just think it's strange

what's strange about PP is that he wasn't the same player he was here RIGHT AFTER he left. had me wondering if it was the system in ATL (Vick-ball). then he went to Dallas and the ying to his yang (Bledsoe) couldn't reconnect with him.

just strange, because I could see if it was injuries or age, but he dropped off quickly....a year after he left Buffalo...

i just think it's strange

It's not so strange. Price was NEVER a #1 WR, but thought he was, and was traded for and paid like a #1 WR. So when he saw mostly double-teams that he couldn't beat, his numbers dropped to the level of a respectable #2 WR, which is what he'll be in Buffalo.

As for Dallas, he joined them a week before the season started. No time to learn the playbook, much less make enough of an impression to get onto the field and have plays drawn-up for him

It's not so strange.  Price was NEVER a #1 WR, but thought he was, and was traded for and paid like a #1 WR.  So when he saw mostly double-teams that he couldn't beat, his numbers dropped to the level of a respectable #2 WR, which is what he'll be in Buffalo.

As for Dallas, he joined them a week before the season started.  No time to learn the playbook, much less make enough of an impression to get onto the field and have plays drawn-up for him

704738[/snapback]

i see what you are saying and I remember what he was and what ATL thought he could be (which were two different things). But it wasn't like any other reciever became the beneficiary of PP's double teams. Crumpler became the main target, but that wasn't a result of PP's dbl team draws. It was more scheme related.

I agree entirely with your Dallas assesment, but you'd think Bledsoe would have some chemistry with him. I also don't believe Dallas gave him enough opportunity to be a primary target.

question: why do you care how much the bills paid him? it's not as if the bills are anywhere near being in cap trouble, and in any event $2 million/year is peanuts when the salary cap is over $105 million. again, seriously: why do you care?

704397[/snapback]

With the way Ralph is whining like he is going to the poor house I'm sure 2 mil isn't peanuts to him! :D

Damn, we outbid the Patriots, the one team in the league tha is known for picking up players that are not worth anything :D

The Pats probably thought no one else was really interested so the offerd him the minimum, Buffalo wanted him to bring in some veteran guidance to a very young core of receivers so they out bid the Patriots. Veteran Minimum is just under a mil, right? Buffalo is paying him in his first year around 2 million? Its not that much different in regards to yearly salary. And of course Buffalo has to outbid others, NE is a good team that has a recent history of great success, they can low ball and sometimes real players in on their reputation alone. Buffalo is a rebuilding young team, a place veterans are hesitant to come to because they want to win know instead of waiting for players to develop, so the only way they come is if you overpay a little bit. Its not like were talking Marv gave him 5+ million a year to be a backup

I just think it is absolutely hillarious that we drafted Evans to "replace Peerless" and then he comes back to the team......

THere is speed all OVER the place on this team

705898[/snapback]

Wouldn't it be even more Hilarious if we brought Peerless in to replace Evans? Which Technically we did since he may end up #2 behind a #1 evans who was the #2 last year

A few months ago when teams were dumping veterans, the Patriots made a run at wide receiver Peerless Price -- another former excellent player who no longer played up to his contracts -- with the same typical offer as always. The offer to Price was the veteran minimum to play for a playoff team with Tom Brady throwing the ball to him and a chance to reinvent his career. David Givens had just left for the Titans and the opportunity was staring Price in the face. Hard to turn down. But the Buffalo Bills also had salary cap space and presented a better offer on the table. Price became a Bill and not a Patriot.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9482175

ok, those who b*tch that ML/RW are too cheap, does this make you just a little happy?

704289[/snapback]

I have to admit that I'm pretty shocked that BB would go after PP. He's not exactly the prototypical "selfless" receiver the Pats generally go for.