Sabres won because of bad ice

I don't know why I even read the drivel from this NC idiot in the Buffalo News. As the series gets better and better, this guy finds something stupid to write about. Last week, it was that hockey is only about scoring goals, all other observations are meaningless. Today, it's time for lame excuses. The Buffalo ice was bad, which somehow only affected the Canes. He somewhat backtracked by saying later that "the ice doesn't favor one team over the other, but it may favor the team that scores first." What an idiot.

He also had to blame the game on Pominville getting checked from behind. According to Doug Weight, "I should be smarter and see that it's him." I guess if he checked someone else from behind, the refs probably would not have called it. I'm surprised that he didn't whine about the phantom trip that was called on McKee after Staal fell down trying to make a turn.

I don't know why I even read the drivel from this NC idiot in the Buffalo News.  As the series gets better and better, this guy finds something stupid to write about.  Last week, it was that hockey is only about scoring goals, all other observations are meaningless.  Today, it's time for lame excuses.  The Buffalo ice was bad, which somehow only affected the Canes.  He somewhat backtracked by saying later that "the ice doesn't favor one team over the other, but it may favor the team that scores first."  What an idiot.

He also had to blame the game on Pominville getting checked from behind.  According to Doug Weight, "I should be smarter and see that it's him."  I guess if he checked someone else from behind, the refs probably would not have called it.  I'm surprised that he didn't whine about the phantom trip that was called on McKee after Staal fell down trying to make a turn.

700722[/snapback]

I thought the Flyers' ice was purposely "slushy" to slow down the Sabres' superior speed. I suppose there could be some truth to it, but then it didn't exactly help the Sabres out last Friday, did it?

That idiot should be told that there would be no southern hockey, or anything other than an agrarian South if it weren't for the Buffalonian that invented air conditioning.

I'd like to offer my sincere apologies to Carolina, for having a team that can only play hockey in absolutely perfect conditions.  :lol:

700737[/snapback]

The Hurricanes and the Colts get together in the offseason for team BBQ's...

No Gorrie's was an ICE machine.

Carrier invented an air conditioner.

700750[/snapback]

I'll give Gorrie some credit. Without him, there wouldn't be any Slurpees.

Carrier was the big thinker, though.

This Barnett fellow finally thinks there is more nuance to hockey than just shooting at the net. Hmmmmmm.

Your theory is holding up very nicely, douchemeister.

700767[/snapback]

He's just confused that they can skate around the rink clockwise.

Gotta love a Buffalo vs. Florida argument about air conditioning  :D

Dolphins suck!!!  :lol:

700766[/snapback]

Reading both Wikipedia articles tell you exactly what we already knew:

Gorrie's machine was to cool the air. Carrier's invention was to control heat and humidity.

Florida = Too hot.

Buffalo = Too cold.