Game 5: Sabres @ Hurricanes, 7:30 EST

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, 2-2 in the Eastern Conference Finals....bleak..... :o

This town seriously needs to lose its addiction to being misearable.

699361[/snapback]

Not saying the season was bleak by ANY means, I'm simply saying that down three of our best Defensemen, going into hostile territory against a goalie that shut us down in the last game is bleak. I think thats a damn accurate statement.

I cant imagine how anyone can spin the Sabres being shut out in Game Four as something positive.

quit whining about penalties...

if the team would win a damn face-off ON A POWER PLAY, this wouldn't be a problem.

699375[/snapback]

quit whining about miller. if we had some decent defensemen, it wouldnt be a problem.

EDIT: it would be nice if we could win more than 1 faceoff per peroid tho.

Edited by Ramius

quit whining about penalties...

if the team would win a damn face-off ON A POWER PLAY, this wouldn't be a problem.

699375[/snapback]

Yeah. Quit yer whining about the penalties and interfering with Joe whining about everything else.

Much improved play. Sabres need to keep testing the stick side of Gerber, that seems to be his weakness. They also need to keep doing small things to get under Carolinas skin. Carolina makes stupid mistakes when the Sabres can do this.

Much improved play. Sabres need to keep testing the stick side of Gerber, that seems to be his weakness. They also need to keep doing small things to get under Carolinas skin. Carolina makes stupid mistakes when the Sabres can do this.

Yep, that's why I loved Miller's trip at the end there. Get into their heads and it's a 4-on-4 so no harm done.

A couple of positives coming out of this period. First off, Sabres scored first...thats always a big help in terms of confidence.

Secondly, and what is in my opinion the most important so far, after getting shut out of the last game they've put up 2 goals in one period against Gerber on his home ice. In terms of messing with the Canes, thats definitely a nice touch.

Got good shots on goal and even managed to win the face-offs in that period. Nice play by the Sabres...they'll have to keep it up and keep putting shots on Gerber while they can. Still a loooooooong way to go in this game though, but a nice start for our boys.

Yeah, beating Gerber not once but TWICE in the opening period really destroys that air of invicincibility Gerber baby was starting to develop.  After how many more goals do they put Ward back in? :o

699390[/snapback]

You figure with the Defensemen being the walking wounded, the Sabres NEED to put up goals in bunches if they want to win this game. Seems simple I know, but this is a game I truly think the Sabres need to put up 4 goals to win. Thats a tough task...while Gerber definitely was knocked down a few pegs, he'll probably come out playing like a maniac to try and redeem himself in the 2nd period.

The Sabres almost certainly have to win tonight. Asking them to win Games 6 and 7 back-to-back might simply be too much to ask for.

If the Sabres can pull it out tonight, chances are they will win Game 6 at home Tuesday night.

I see it's 2-1 at the end of one period. Come on, Buffalo.

Mike