Coach Jauron comments on Willis

I doubt that /\ I bet we're on par with the other clubs absentees.

699069[/snapback]

Not the Patriots,

Everybody shows up to their OTA's every year, even players that don't play for them show up to get some of that Billicheck magic and pray to play for him and near the Holy Bruschi

I'd like to know how 10 no-shows at the OTA's rates in comparison to other teams.  I suspect that's one of the highest "drop out rates" in the NFL.

699063[/snapback]

This is exactly the question. We have no idea how many no-shows other teams have, yet we are so quick to assume that the Bills situation is especially dire. I have no idea one way or another, but such conclusion jumping in the absence of concrete evidence offers a window into the dark and tormented soul of the Bills fan....

You should read this. In particular, read the excerpt where it says McGahee is the only vet who has yet to attend a single spring practice.

698940[/snapback]

Exactly. He's the only one not to show this year and he was a no show last year as well. Apparently he and his brilliant agent know a better way for him to get prepared for the new season. Of course Willis does have 2 newborn babies and 2 baby momma's to support both financially and emotionally, so he should be excused. Although you would think he'd like to take a break from running back and forth between two homes to change diapers.

You can argue either way with these things, but the fact is, there is plenty of work the Bills need to do, and part of that is evaluating the younger guys on the team.

Part of it was executing an decent offseason too and that didn't happen.

In my mind, this is part of the "weeding out" process that this new regime will need to undertake. You don't want to be here? Fine! Eventually, the rebuilding of this team WILL NOT include the malcontents. Give Marv a year or two, it's already underway! Where else would you rather be than right here, right now!!! Don't blink in the next two years boys and girls, the changes will make your head spin.

In my mind, this is part of the "weeding out" process that this new regime will need to undertake. You don't want to be here? Fine! Eventually, the rebuilding of this team WILL NOT include the malcontents. Give Marv a year or two, it's already underway! Where else would you rather be than right here, right now!!! Don't blink in the next two years boys and girls, the changes will make your head spin.

701362[/snapback]

Interesting take...I don't think there's much doubt that a lot of the older players on the roster like Fletcher and Vincent will be gone by 2007.

Is that why OTA attendance has been spotty (ie. they see the writing on the wall)?

Maybe, I don't know.

Will spotty OTA attendance lead to quicker exits for some of these players?

Maybe, but I highly doubt it... it may lead to something later, but right now I think it's more of an annoyance than anything.