Lou Dobbs: Bush, Congress Tell Working Folk..

I guess if more working people paid attention to what's going on they wouldn't need Lou Dobbs to tell them. Of course I wonder how many of them actually watch Lou Dobbs or read his columns? Because if they paid attention to anything other than sound bites on Faux News maybe they would have figured all this out years ago.

But it IS interesting, since Lou Dobbs is normally a fairly conservative kind of guy....

I a fairly liberal guy... :lol::) And I agree with Lou Dobbs... It is the working American that is getting pinched... I know a lot of you don't car because it doesn't effect you, but you can see what is going on.

What the hell is Vincente Fox coming here and dictating US policy... Grow a pair Bush and tell the phuck off!

Ya, like that will happen...

I guess if more working people paid attention to what's going on they wouldn't need Lou Dobbs to tell them.  Of course I wonder how many of them actually watch Lou Dobbs or read his columns?  Because if they paid attention to anything other than sound bites on Faux News maybe they would have figured all this out years ago.

But it IS interesting, since Lou Dobbs is normally a fairly conservative kind of guy....

697074[/snapback]

It's also interesting, because Dobbs is usually coherent, and that column read like something we'd find here. I'm still trying to figure out why illegal immigration, tax policy, free trade, and Iraq are all linked by anything other than "Well...it's Bush's fault."

It's also interesting, because Dobbs is usually coherent, and that column read like something we'd find here.  I'm still trying to figure out why illegal immigration, tax policy, free trade, and Iraq are all linked by anything other than "Well...it's Bush's fault."

697087[/snapback]

Dobbs stopped being coherent ever since he decided that Space.com was going to be the next Pets.com. (You would at least wish that a financial commentator would understand business and macroeconomic fundamentals)

Like many here... They are knowledgable, but are not wise...

About compassion for their fellow American workers:

Those who have no compassion have no wisdom. Knowledge, yes; cleverness, maybe; wisdom, no. A clever mind is not a heart. Knowledge doesn't really care. Wisdom does.

The wise are not learned; the learned are not wise.

Dobbs stopped being coherent ever since he decided that Space.com was going to be the next Pets.com.  (You would at least wish that a financial commentator would understand business and macroeconomic fundamentals)

697107[/snapback]

Of course I never was... ;):lol:

You and CTM are such the model of order!

:lol::);)

Dobbs stopped being coherent ever since he decided that Space.com was going to be the next Pets.com.

697107[/snapback]

So his Third World references may be flashbacks to alien life studies.

Interesting. :lol:

I a fairly liberal guy... :lol:  :)  And I agree with Lou Dobbs...  It is the working American that is getting pinched... I know a lot of you don't car because it doesn't effect you, but you can see what is going on.

What the hell is Vincente Fox coming here and dictating US policy...  Grow a pair Bush and tell the phuck off!

Ya, like that will happen...

697085[/snapback]

It is interesting how many people with differing views are on the same page wrt the issue of illegal aliens.

Have you ever actually met an American Citizen who wants to allow ALL illegal aliens to remain in America? Well, 37 senators including Schumer and Hillary voted to do just this, at our expense of course.

The good news is that this hypocrisy is easy all to see, even for those who tend to be uninvolved. Illegals are draining our tax dollars, raising our health care costs, taking our jobs, and filling our prisons. Polls tell us that a vast majority of Americans are fed up.

Am I being naive to think that at some point, elected officials will simply be forced to respond to the wishes of their constituents wrt this?

It is interesting how many people with differing views are on the same page wrt the issue of illegal aliens.

Have you ever actually met an American Citizen who wants to allow ALL illegal aliens to remain in America? Well, 37 senators including Schumer and Hillary voted to do just this, at our expense of course.

The good news is that this hypocrisy is easy all to see, even for those who tend to be uninvolved. Illegals are draining our tax dollars, raising our health care costs, taking our jobs, and filling our prisons. Polls tell us that a vast majority of Americans are fed up.

Am I being naive to think that at some point, elected officials will simply be forced to respond to the wishes of their constituents wrt this?

697143[/snapback]

Bill, it's interesting that when you railed against the smoking ban, a big argument was that bars & restaurants would go out of business if the smokers were told to go to hell.

I venture to guess that not enacting sensible immigration policies and throwing every illegal immigrant out would have a much much much bigger impact on bars & restaurants than the smoking ban.

I also wonder how many people who cite the costs of illegal immigration take the next step and figure out the positive impact on the economy that cheap labor brings.

There's a reason business doesn't take Dobbs seriously. He's an idiot who suddenly started drinking from the Chavez populist fountain.

How much sense does he make in lumping the issues of middle class with illegal immigration? None. Am I to interpret that by eliminating workers who are willing to work for less than minimum wage is supposed to help the middle class? Would Lou be daring enough to provide data to back his wild claims? I doubt it. But if he did, I'm certain they would be in the stratosphere of Space.com revenue projections.

I can at least discuss immigration policy without mentioning how badly the Iraq policy does or does not suck.  Dobbs doesn't even manage that much coherence.

697174[/snapback]

Sorry, I must have a high threshold... I guess you gotta point. It is easy to wrap up all the mistakes into one.

In times of war... Everything will get rolled into it... IMO, you can't separate it from anything. It (war) consumes everything, no matter how odd the argument may sound...

Bill, it's interesting that when you railed against the smoking ban, a big argument was that bars & restaurants would go out of business if the smokers were told to go to hell. 

I venture to guess that not enacting sensible immigration policies and throwing every illegal immigrant out would have a much much much bigger impact on bars & restaurants than the smoking ban.

I also wonder how many people who cite the costs of illegal immigration take the next step and figure out the positive impact on the economy that cheap labor brings. 

There's a reason business doesn't take Dobbs seriously.  He's an idiot who suddenly started drinking from the Chavez populist fountain.

How much sense does he make in lumping the issues of middle class with illegal immigration?  None.  Am I to interpret that by eliminating workers who are willing to work for less than minimum wage is supposed to help the middle class?  Would Lou be daring enough to provide data to back his wild claims?  I doubt it.  But if he did, I'm certain they would be in the stratosphere of Space.com revenue projections.

697170[/snapback]

1) I am not always good at getting my point accross, but the focal point of my numerous complaints about the smoking ban was the deprivation of property ownership rights. However, I don't deny raising the issue of lost jobs.

2) If you were in a bar and someone was smoking, would you complain to management? If so, why? Because it is illegal? I have little sympathy for those who harbour and/or employ illegal aliens.

3) Gavin posted a link once from a Harvard study which stated that illegal aliens reduce the average wage of lower end workers as much as 8%.

4) I know or care nothing about Dobbs.

GG, my position on this issue is very simple:

The repubs love illegals because they provide cheap labor to their rich friends.

The dems love illegals because they view them as potential voters. They also see a window of opportunity to fine (tax) small business owners who hire the next round of illegals, who are pouring over the border as we speak.

You tell me Brother, who will get fined, Tyson Chicken, Wal-Mart (Hillary's friends) or the small home contractor? Please be honest. And even if the big corporations ARE fined, they can easily afford the small amount they would pay.

Also, if all illegals were all made citizens right now, who would get the jobs, the citizens (now entitled to higher wages), or the next group of illegals? We (the tax paying citizens) would be left with an uneducated underclass.

One last thing.... the very rich, and the pols who advocate for illegal aliens are not effected by them. Now that the weather is nice, illegal aliens are walking by my house pushing their anchor babies in strollers. I am not offended by them as people, but my taxes just keep growing, as do my health care costs, and illegal aliens are certainly a root cause.

Btw, to anybody (not you GG) who wants to call me a racist, my wife of 22 years is Hispanic, and we have 3 girls. If anything, I am more of a battered husband than a racist. :lol:

Sorry, I must have a high threshold... I guess you gotta point.  It is easy to wrap up all the mistakes into one.

In times of war... Everything will get rolled into it... IMO, you can't separate it from anything.  It (war) consumes everything, no matter how odd the argument may sound...

697202[/snapback]

Perhaps you're correct...but it doesn't make it any less stupid. Foreign policy isn't necessarily fiscal policy isn't necessarily domestic policy...and the specifics Dobbs mentioned are pretty damned unrelated. I can generally understand how one goes from our foreign policy vis-a-vis the EU to free trade to strengthening/weakening the dollar...but how the hell do you jump from immigration reform to Iraq and back?

1)  I am not always good at getting my point accross, but the focal point of my numerous complaints about the smoking ban was the deprivation of property ownership rights. However, I don't deny raising the issue of lost jobs.

2)  If you were in a bar and someone was smoking, would you complain to management? If so, why? Because it is illegal? I have little sympathy for those who harbour and/or employ illegal aliens.

3)  Gavin posted a link once from a Harvard study which stated that illegal aliens reduce the average wage of lower end workers as much as 8%.

4)  I know or care nothing about Dobbs.

GG, my position on this issue is very simple:

The repubs love illegals because they provide cheap labor to their rich friends.

The dems love illegals because they view them as potential voters. They also see a window of opportunity to fine (tax) small business owners who hire the next round of illegals, who are pouring over the border as we speak.

You tell me Brother, who will get fined, Tyson Chicken, Wal-Mart (Hillary's friends) or the small home contractor? Please be honest. And even if the big corporations ARE fined, they can easily afford the small amount they would pay.

Also, if all illegals were all made citizens right now, who would get the jobs, the citizens (now entitled to higher wages), or the next group of illegals? We (the tax paying citizens) would be left with an uneducated underclass.

One last thing.... the very rich, and the pols who advocate for illegal aliens are not effected by them. Now that the weather is nice, illegal aliens are walking by my house pushing their anchor babies in strollers. I am not offended by them as people, but my taxes just keep growing, as do my health care costs, and illegal aliens are certainly a root cause.

Btw, to anybody (not you GG) who wants to call me a racist, my wife of 22 years is Hispanic, and we have 3 girls. If anything, I am more of a battered husband than a racist.  <_<

697249[/snapback]

I have to say I agree with you Bill... :P

Most of the people here are not "workers" (I say that in an hourly wage way) and they are not getting pinched... They fall into the two groupd you listed...

You were a cop and I am a wage-grade (not GS) federal employee...

There's a reason business doesn't take Dobbs seriously.  He's an idiot who suddenly started drinking from the Chavez populist fountain.

How much sense does he make in lumping the issues of middle class with illegal immigration?  None.  Am I to interpret that by eliminating workers who are willing to work for less than minimum wage is supposed to help the middle class?  Would Lou be daring enough to provide data to back his wild claims?  I doubt it.  But if he did, I'm certain they would be in the stratosphere of Space.com revenue projections.

697170[/snapback]

Unfortunately, that's true. Here's the problem. A continuing infusion of low-skill labor is essential for business short-term, bad for the country long-term. Politicians need to realize that if the country is to remain economically strong in 30 years the economy needs to shift to one which is not low-wage dependent.

Consider this question: what is the impact of the illegal immigrants on the trade deficit?

It's sort of like oil. Yes, if the price triples to what it is in Europe then the US economy may collapse. But few would argue (outside of politicians) that we wouldn't be better off shifting away from it.

Unfortunately, that's true.  Here's the problem.  A continuing infusion of low-skill labor is essential for business short-term,  bad for the country long-term. 

698135[/snapback]

This begs the question....bad for who?

It doesn't seem bad for Tyson Chicken nor Wal-Mart does it? They will continue to make miillions from the cheap labor, and feed the crumbs to the campaign funds of sellout politicians.

At the same time, it seems bad for many African-Americans. They were brought in on slave ships. The weak and sick were fed to the sharks. They were denied membership in labor unions. I wish that I knew more about the "Voting Rights Act," but from what little I have heard, it had to be specifically created for black people. Now AAs do belong to unions which are under constant attack, AND they have the burden of paying taxes to provide free medical care and education to those who invade us, while traitor pols offer these invaders amnesty.

I urge you to google "Farmingville, NY." There are hundreds of safe houses and whore houses located in a once beautiful, residential community. There have been instances of as many as 64 illegals holed up in a small house with exposed wires. The billionaires and their puppet, sellout politicians are removed from this.

They condone it, and leave working people with the bill, and the blight.