The Detroit Lions released DT Dan Wilkinson.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious??

The best WR in the NFL beat them in the playoffs, they suck!

Steve Smith beat many teams last year.

697012[/snapback]

Yes I am serious. The bears played in a week division and had absolutely no offensive production. Granted they had a few key injuries but if they were that good they should not have lost a playoff game at home. Just my opinion.

Is Chris Brown planting a little seed here to pave the way for a Wilkinson signing?

"Even though McCargo and Williams have raised the level of talent at the position (DT), they're still missing that stud nose tackle that every team would love to have."

Is Chris Brown planting a little seed here to pave the way for a Wilkinson signing?

"Even though McCargo and Williams have raised the level of talent at the position (DT), they're still missing that stud nose tackle that every team would love to have."

697793[/snapback]

I am too lazy to look up the context of his statement. But just that statement is not insightful at all. How does he define 'stud' in the context of football ? A heavy person, a strong person, a multi-gap tackle ... ? It has been stated numerous times over this board that this defense is not designed for a Ted Washington type heavy player.

I am too lazy to look up the context of his statement. But just that statement is not insightful at all. How does he define 'stud' in the context of football ? A heavy person, a strong person, a multi-gap tackle ... ? It has been stated numerous times over this board that this defense is not designed for a Ted Washington type heavy player.

697851[/snapback]

I think he meant someone a hell of a lot better than Tim Anderson.... said the "nose job is his to lose", yet gave him no props at all.

Even though McCargo and Williams have raised the level of talent at the position, they're still missing that stud nose tackle that every team would love to have. They're hard to find even though in this system you only need a 320 to 325 pound guy. The reason why is ideally he needs to be able to run well and cover ground in this pursuit-oriented scheme.
Doesn't sound like Big Daddy to me.