2007 Draft Predictions

Just for the heck of it, I took a look at about 15 different 2007 mock drafts. I don't think there was a single draft that had the Bills with a pick worse than the 6th. Most of them had us picking in the top 4. The dominant pick was Brady Quinn from ND. Just curious what the Bills' faithful thought about next year's draft pick and position. Any ideas who Marv might target?

Just for the heck of it, I took a look at about 15 different 2007 mock drafts.  I don't think there was a single draft that had the Bills with a pick worse than the 6th.  Most of them had us picking in the top 4.  The dominant pick was Brady Quinn from ND.  Just curious what the Bills' faithful thought about next year's draft pick and position.  Any ideas who Marv might target?

693513[/snapback]

I think the Bills will try to get as low of a draft pick as possible. Isn't there a season to play here yet? Training camp, even?

I will agree with the Brady Quinn pick soley because if the Bills are in any position to pick that low next year, it will probably be because none of their starting QB's could get the job done. Although I don't know how much Marv would want another rookie QB or if he'd rather get a veteran to play for him.

But this is one of the dumbest posts recently because the season hasn't even been played yet and we are already looking forward to who we draft next year with a top ten pick?

There are two truths here:

1. A amount of luck and guesswork involved in any mock draft is easily proportional to the amount of time prior to that draft the mock is done.

2. Even a mock draft done the moment before the draft occurs is going to be significantly wrong. (If there is someone out there who got all or even any of the first round trades correct I'd love to see them).

The point someone made about the Bills being tempted by Quinn only if all their potential QBs dissapoint is true. However, if the Bills miss the playoffs yet again because of QB failure, I doubt they are going to be looking for yet another QB of the future in the draft to cure our ills. This team will be much more likely to look to address their QB needs by investing in the 2007 version of a Daunte Culpepper and backing him up with the latest failed glamour past first round pick in the 2007 version of Harrington.

I think it is quite unlikely we look to QUinn, because if our QBs fail then we look to more immediate help in FA, and if iur hopes either JP or Nall develop then getting a Quinn is unnecessary.

If you want Quinn then the best hope is that Holcomb proves good enough to get to the playoffs, but for some reason we are not one player away from picking up an immediate contributor in the 2007 1st and we comfortably can pick Quinn who is quite unlikely to contribute to the team which drafts him until 2008 at best and certainly will not lead the team as a rookie (note that even the one great success QB for the team which drafted him since Dallas chose Aikman in 1989, was RoboQB for Pitts and it really was the Bus and several other players who led this team rather than the QB).

Just for the heck of it, I took a look at about 15 different 2007 mock drafts.  I don't think there was a single draft that had the Bills with a pick worse than the 6th.  Most of them had us picking in the top 4.  The dominant pick was Brady Quinn from ND.  Just curious what the Bills' faithful thought about next year's draft pick and position.  Any ideas who Marv might target?

693513[/snapback]

Troy Smith or Brady Quinn would be great. If the Bills pick as high as I think they will, it will immediately move this team into a chance to compete more quickly. If a 3rd string QB beats out Holcomb and JP, it's going to be a long, long, long year, especially with that offensive line which is truly offensive!!!

If you want Quinn then the best hope is that Holcomb proves good enough to get to the playoffs, but for some reason we are not one player away from picking up an immediate contributor in the 2007 1st and we comfortably can pick Quinn who is quite unlikely to contribute to the team which drafts him until 2008 at best and certainly will not lead the team as a rookie (note that even the one great success QB for the team which drafted him since Dallas chose Aikman in 1989, was RoboQB for Pitts and it really was the Bus and several other players who led this team rather than the QB).

693876[/snapback]

If we make the playoffs, we will be nowhere near the position to take Quinn. He will be gone by pick 2. As for his potential contribution, he is a complete and polished QB. He has every tool you could possibly want at the postion. [Cannon arm, pocket presence, above average mobility, great decision maker, very smart, will have run a pro-style offense for 2 years with Charlie Weis, leadership, and of course, outstanding character] I am not saying he will be a Pro Bowler his rookie year, but he can absolutely contribute to a team as a rookie. If our QB circus produces a cellar-dwelling team and Quinn is available, he will be a Bill.

I will agree with the Brady Quinn pick soley because if the Bills are in any position to pick that low next year, it will probably be because none of their starting QB's could get the job done. Although I don't know how much Marv would want another rookie QB or if he'd rather get a veteran to play for him.

But this is one of the dumbest posts recently because the season hasn't even been played yet and we are already looking forward to who we draft next year with a top ten pick?

693548[/snapback]

Yet you answered it? Why are people so against talking about next year? It's just talk. It's not like every other subject about the coming year hasn't been talked about over and over and over and over again. Who cares?

As for me, I have no idea who we will draft with the first pick. I just hope they don't try to get tricky and take anyone on the O-line.

Yet you answered it?  Why are people so against talking about next year?  It's just talk.  It's not like every other subject about the coming year hasn't been talked about over and over and over and over again.  Who cares?

As for me, I have no idea who we will draft with the first pick.  I just hope they don't try to get tricky and take anyone on the O-line.

694486[/snapback]

I agree.

I'm actually looking forward at the 2008 draft where we draft two LBs in the first two rounds.

Yet you answered it?  Why are people so against talking about next year?  It's just talk.  It's not like every other subject about the coming year hasn't been talked about over and over and over and over again.  Who cares?

As for me, I have no idea who we will draft with the first pick.  I just hope they don't try to get tricky and take anyone on the O-line.

694486[/snapback]

Why am I against it, cause like alot of the posts it assumes Buffalo is going to be a horrible team before anyone even has a chance to see a mini camp that the team shows up for. Its yet another doom and gloom type post. You can't predict who Buffalo will pick next year because we have no idea what we have this year, and have no idea where we or any other team will be picking next year. We just barely finished this years draft and people are already looking towards next years?

And what a surprise, another shot at the fact that Buffalo did not draft a offensive linemen early in this draft, like that has never been said before.

Why am I against it, cause like alot of the posts it assumes Buffalo is going to be a horrible team before anyone even has a chance to see a mini camp that the team shows up for. Its yet another doom and gloom type post. You can't predict who Buffalo will pick next year because we have no idea what we have this year, and have no idea where we or any other team will be picking next year. We just barely finished this years draft and people are already looking towards next years?

And what a surprise, another shot at the fact that Buffalo did not draft a offensive linemen early in this draft, like that has never been said before.

694740[/snapback]

I never assumed anything - you know what happens when you asssume. I was just curious what people thought the Bills still lacked on the team and how next year's available players might be able to address those needs. At no point did I say that we were going to suck. Obviously, a lot of non Bills fball fans do though.

It's just something to talk about. I can't believe it's a big deal to anyone, especially not enough to say this is the dumbest post in a long time.

At what point did I ever say I was trying to be orginal? You really need to get over yourself.

My early candidate would be Levi Brown LT Penn State. As Levy said all off season that he didn't want to take a QB with his top pick as he believes in building the roster around the position better. Well Brown is among one of the better LT candidates in the 2007 draft and think could be a long term solution instead of the short term answer of Mike Gandy who is due to be an UFA after this season.

I can understand why Quinn's high on most lists I just don't think we'd take a QB in the 1st as feel even if JP struggles Marv might be willing to give Nall a chance to prove himself in 2007 and call me an optimist but expect the Bills to go 8-8 this season.