The Imaginary Bar Where You Stop For " One "

We actually left after just 1 1/4 hours. But the 4 of us shared 4 pitchers of Labatt Blue.  :D

But we just stopped for one and I'm sticking to that story !  :D

690396[/snapback]

Well, simple math says 4 guys shared 4 pitchers. So technically, that was one pitcher per person, so yes, you did have "one" beer. Just in a very large glass.

They don't serve Old Orangepicker in Buffalo.  :ph34r:

690479[/snapback]

Doesn't matter. The only way to drink that is if the limeppicker has been doing his job.

Mark it. 6:15 a.m. Once again, just so we understand, it is never too early for beer to be a topic of conversation.

Well, simple math says 4 guys shared 4 pitchers. So technically, that was one pitcher per person, so yes, you did have "one" beer. Just in a very large glass.

690491[/snapback]

Funny I always promised my girlfriend that when I went out I'd only have 2 beers.....I just always failed to mention how big the beers would be :ph34r:

Funny I always promised my girlfriend that when I went out I'd only have 2 beers.....I just always failed to mention how big the beers would be  :ph34r:

691011[/snapback]

Like THIS?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...ficial%26sa%3DN

Other's are having the same problem having juswt one. Here's one story of failure:

http://www.physics.mcgill.ca/~arobic/funny/beer.html

Like THIS?

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...ficial%26sa%3DN

Other's are having the same problem having juswt one.  Here's one story of failure:

http://www.physics.mcgill.ca/~arobic/funny/beer.html

691101[/snapback]

What was the name of that bar/dive on the corner of Main & Lasalle (across from Ponderosa) ?

Friday was 10 cent beer day - if you could keep the glasses because the waitresses were real creeps when the bar ran out of glasses - 6 oz. :P

We always went there for one (hundred) - that "one" in the metric system ?

Used to be across the street from the subway station and the Ponderosa - Ponderosa is now an Aldi's

Two brain cells just collided - Broadway Joe's :doh:

At least Anacone's and Slomba's are still there

What was the name of that bar/dive on the corner of Main & Lasalle (across from Ponderosa) ?

Friday was 10 cent beer day - if you could keep the glasses because the waitresses were real creeps when the bar ran out of glasses - 6 oz.  :P

We always went there for one (hundred) - that "one" in the metric system ?

Used to be across the street from the subway station and the Ponderosa - Ponderosa is now an Aldi's

Two brain cells just collided - Broadway Joe's    :doh:

At least Anacone's and Slomba's are still there

691141[/snapback]

Broadway Joes, Slomba (closed, BTW...RIP) and Anacone's are/were certainly not "one drink" bars. I remember a great joint on Forrest (i think) called Jack Daniel's. Always had real good music and cheap drinks. i can't believe i used to drive back to the Falls in those days. That was NUTS.

one leads to two and two leads to 10

690477[/snapback]

"Where's theres one, there's another, and another, and another"

-Astronaut Landon from Planet of the Apes

Woody: Can I pour you a draft, Mr. Peterson?

Norm: A little early, isn't it Woody?

Woody: For a beer?

Norm: No, for stupid questions.

And others.

690482[/snapback]

My favorite.

Woody. Norm, What's shaking?

Norm: All four cheeks and a couple of chins.

slombas closed???? :P , a buddy of mine used to always bring me there when i visited buffalo, what a dive that place was! what a great time that place was!

Broadway Joes, Slomba (closed, BTW...RIP) and Anacone's are/were certainly not "one drink" bars.  I remember a great joint on Forrest (i think) called Jack Daniel's.  Always had real good music and cheap drinks.  i can't believe i used to drive back to the Falls in those days.  That was NUTS.

691163[/snapback]