Edmonton - San Jose

I could not make it till the end....but at 730am on my way to work I called my buddy who is a die hard Oilers fan...he sounded dead to the world at work but oh was he pleased....

And I agree..if the Oilers skate and hit like they did last night...they can take SJ.

I could not make it till the end....but at 730am on my way to work I called my buddy who is a die hard Oilers fan...he sounded dead to the world at work but oh was he pleased....

And I agree..if the Oilers skate and hit like they did last night...they can take SJ.

689324[/snapback]

I hope they do, it has been far too long since a team from the north has hoisted up Lord Stanley.

Although I like the fact that a team from a warm climate could attract some great fans.

I stayed up and watched the whole game. I have to admit that the Oilers were far more aggressive in their play last night. I kept on cheering everytime Vesa Toskala stopped all the shots that were coming his way. I started to think the Sharks would pull it out.

Oh well, so we did'nt sweep them. We'll win in 5. :devil:

Oh yes, I'm a Sharks fan.

I stayed up and watched the whole game. I have to admit that the Oilers were far more aggressive in their play last night. I kept on cheering everytime Vesa Toskala stopped all the shots that were coming his way. I started to think the Sharks would pull it out.

Oh well, so we did'nt sweep them. We'll win in 5.  :devil:

Oh yes, I'm a Sharks fan.

689407[/snapback]

heh

i'm a habs fan but i grew up watching the oilers. They really don't show them much on tv so i have had trouble following them put i really do hope that they pull off this series. Can't say I dislike the Sharks though, they have shown that even teams where the temperatures are always warm that hockey can succeed.

meazza Posted Yesterday, 01:51 PM

heh

i'm a habs fan but i grew up watching the oilers. They really don't show them much on tv so i have had trouble following them put i really do hope that they pull off this series. Can't say I dislike the Sharks though, they have shown that even teams where the temperatures are always warm that hockey can succeed.

You should experience a game at "The Tank". The fans are great. It's definitely one of the louder venues, especially during the playoffs. Also, there is'nt a bad seat in the house.

You should experience a game at "The Tank". The fans are great. It's definitely one of the louder venues, especially during the playoffs. Also, there is'nt a bad seat in the house.

690374[/snapback]

Maybe when i visit the area.

I hope they do... I also hope that it is Buff-Edmn in the Cup...

:D  :doh:

690414[/snapback]

If that happens, i might just drive down to buffalo and see that. If i win tonights jackpot :D

There are two options for a great hockey season. The Sabres win the Cup or a team from Canada does not.

689396[/snapback]

It belongs as much in Canada as it does along the border or in the hands of an original six team... Anything below the Mason-Dixon line is farce in my books.

Believe it or not... I will be rooting for (in this order):

BUFFALO

Ottawa

Edmonton

San Jose (I used to like the California Golden Seals... Linage with the Knox's goes through Buffalo... :doh::) )

Now... Take your pick with the other teams from hell:

Colorado... Even know they should be in the North American hockey mecca they call Québec...

Anahiem (Hollywood or what??? It is like they are living on some movie-set that takes place on the Arrowhead of Minnesota (where the games really should be played)...)

New Jersey (the old Kansas City Scouts, used to really make my blood boil... Who eff plays hockey along the MO-KS border???... On the other side of I-70, the St. Louis Blues are okay, St. Louis is a good French-Catholic town... :D:D )

Carolina... Are you kidding me? Hartford Whalers had a lot more class...

/end rant

;)

It belongs as much in Canada as it does along the border or in the hands of an original six team... Anything below the Mason-Dixon line is farce in my books.

Believe it or not... I will be rooting for (in this order):

BUFFALO

Ottawa

Edmonton

San Jose (I used to like the California Golden Seals... Linage with the Knox's goes through Buffalo... :doh:  :) )

Now... Take your pick with the other teams from hell:

Colorado... Even know they should be in the North American hockey mecca they call Québec...

Anahiem  (Hollywood or what???  It is like they are living on some movie-set that takes place on the Arrowhead of Minnesota (where the games really should be played)...)

New Jersey (the old Kansas City Scouts, used to really make my blood boil... Who eff plays hockey along the MO-KS border???... On the other side of I-70, the St. Louis Blues are okay, St. Louis is a good French-Catholic town... :D  :D )

Carolina... Are you kidding me?  Hartford Whalers had a lot more class...

/end rant

;)

690422[/snapback]

I was listening to Pierre Maguire today on a radio station in montreal. He said that Colorado's GM Pierre Lacroix will be stepping down as GM and remain as president of the Avalanche. He also said they are in big trouble as they currently have 8 million locked up in 3 washed up players, Turgeon, Theo and Brisebois.

He also said that Anaheim would be the new hotspot for free agents for some reason.

He also said that Anaheim would be the new hotspot for free agents for some reason.

690433[/snapback]

I'll take a couple stabs at this one.

1. Ducks players can play hockey at night and spend their days at the beach.

2. Ducks players are loved by the fans when they win. And when they lose, the fans just find something else to do besides jump all over them and try to run them out of town. (Take note, Buffalo).

So basically you can live in Newport Beach, in the perfect climate, and play for people who only know how to love you and never figured out the concept of "booing." Oh, and women in Anaheim are gorgeous. So I'm thinking, yeah, I'd probably play in Anaheim.

I'll take a couple stabs at this one.

1.  Ducks players can play hockey at night and spend their days at the beach.

2.  Ducks players are loved by the fans when they win.  And when they lose, the fans just find something else to do besides jump all over them and try to run them out of town.  (Take note, Buffalo).

So basically you can live in Newport Beach, in the perfect climate, and play for people who only know how to love you and never figured out the concept of "booing."  Oh, and women in Anaheim are gorgeous.  So I'm thinking, yeah, I'd probably play in Anaheim.

690528[/snapback]

Let me guess... Your halo is showing... :doh::):D:D

My message to The Might Ducks... Stop living the Hollywood lie and move to the Arrowhead of Minnesota where the game should be rightfully played... Not some scripted movie plot... WTF is that all about? Call me a purist... But, it seems so surreal...

690374[/snapback]

Shark Tank is a fantastic arena. Lots of space in the concourses and everywhere else. Lots of energy as well. What is curious to me is how this team has such a dedicated core of fans that fill the rink every game. However, here in the Bay area you barely know the team exists. Very little press coverage. Out here its all bastketball, football and baseball. Poor uncultured slobs. Anyway. Even though now the series is tied at two, the Sharks will prevail. The Oilers are a team that needs emotion and their home rink to succeed. They have really very few dependable skilled shooters. In fact , thier best player, Smyth, is anything but a pure goal scorer. Great player he is but not a natural trigger man. Its going to be a long series now but the Sharks will have to go 7 to do it unfortunately.