Whitner vs Huff

Just based on film clips I've seen, I like that the Bills ended up with Whitner instead of Huff.

A highlight clip was posted here a couple weeks before the draft and it showed him making mostly high tackles, most where he grabbed the player's pads to bring him down. Many comments followed on this board doubting Huff could continue to be successful with that style of tackling. During the draft, after Huff was selected, ESPN showed another clip which included the same type of tackles.

A clip of Whitner showed some Lott-type hits that knocked the players on their arrses. I like the thought of Whitner patrolling the backfield with the potentital for those jarring hits.

Huff may turn out to be a star player but right now I like the selection of Whitner for the Bills.

huff is fo sho the bigger name, he is a bit more athletic and would prolly be a better corner (he might be a slot corner and FS in base D for a bit for the raiders and then move to corner).

they have similar (great) ball skills.

mccargo is a MUCH better tackler, and is much stronger and IMO more explosive in terms of blitzing and going from in the box to good depth off the snap.

i think mccargo is a better guy for our D, but either of these guys could end up being really good.

I have another question about Whitner. I buddy of mine insists that Whitner is deaf, has anyone else heard this rumor? Not that it matters, just wondering. Could be difficult to hear coverage changes and such. If he has made it this far though, I doubt it really has affected him if indeed he is.

huff is fo sho the bigger name, he is a bit more athletic and would prolly be a better corner (he might be a slot corner and FS in base D for a bit for the raiders and then move to corner).

mccargo is a MUCH better tackler, and is much stronger and IMO more explosive in terms of blitzing and going from in the box to good depth off the snap.

i think mccargo is a better guy for our D, but either of these guys could end up being really good.

688976[/snapback]

[/quote/

do you mean whitner?

688976[/snapback]

[/quote/

do you mean whitner?

689000[/snapback]

of course i mean whitner!

YOU SCREWED UP THE QUOTE FEATURE SO DON'T SLING MUD AT ME!!!!!

yes whitner, i do think bunk will be better than mccargo, but there is the chance that bunk might just not care or get hurt again.

Whitner vs Huff

Steel cage match ? Whitner is far stronger.

Huff would try to get a chair shot in when the ref wasn't looking. It's the only way he could win.

689045[/snapback]

"Win if you can,

Lose if you must,

But always cheat."

- Jesse "The Body" Ventura

I have another question about Whitner.  I buddy of mine insists that Whitner is deaf, has anyone else heard this rumor?  Not that it matters, just wondering.  Could be difficult to hear coverage changes and such.  If he has made it this far though, I doubt it really has affected him if indeed he is.

688985[/snapback]

Pardon? What's that ya say? Can ya speak up just a little, Son?