Just had power restored!!

Welcome back! Being without power that long sucks -we were out after Isabel last year, but I can't imagine what you folks have been through.

Nothing too earth shattering, but here's a recap:

-Pats stud rookie TE Ben Watson (2004 1st rd pick) out on IR.

-Milloy is still out.

-Rookie Lawrence Smith looks prety decent as our LG.

-Bellicheck is quoted in a new book called "Patriot Reign" saying our OL is "chicken-stevestojan," the DB can't think, Nate gets beat deep too often, and Milloy is a "selfish" and "negative" leader.

-Most 'experts' on TBD think the Bills suck.

-I think they'll beat New England.

-Ed's still a miserable person.

Now you're up to speed! Again, welcome back, glad to hear you were (relatively) unscathed. Inconvenienced for sure, but unscathed all the same. ;)

Make sure you have surge protectors on your appliances and computer. You can bet you will get power surges. It happens all the time after storms for months to come.

51669[/snapback]

True... we've been getting them at work alot. Each workstation and office is protected with a UPS (uninterupter power supply) so thats good. I'd like to get one for my home PC, but my stuff here just isnt important enough.

Welcome back!  Being without power that long sucks -we were out after Isabel last year, but I can't imagine what you folks have been through.

-Milloy is still out.

-Bellicheck is quoted in a new book called "Patriot Reign" saying our OL is "chicken-stevestojan," the DB can't think, Nate gets beat deep too often, and Milloy is a "selfish" and "negative" leader.

Now you're up to speed!  Again, welcome back, glad to hear you were (relatively) unscathed.  Inconvenienced for sure, but unscathed all the same. :lol:

51667[/snapback]

You forgot the "Backwood Moron" and "Homework" issues :lol:;)

Let's see - there are hundreds of posts that have proclaimed the season a lost cause, Donohue an idiot, our past drafts a disaster including Lee Evans, Bledsoe, of course, a statue, the new coaching staff as incompetent as our old coaching staff and a general conspiracy against the Bills and Buffalo.

Besides that, nothing new.

Let's see - there are hundreds of posts that have proclaimed the season a lost cause, Donohue an idiot, our past drafts a disaster including Lee Evans, Bledsoe, of course, a statue, the new coaching staff as incompetent as our old coaching staff and a general conspiracy against the Bills and Buffalo.

Besides that, nothing new.

51693[/snapback]

nice summary.

nice summary.

51744[/snapback]

Also ICE left and is back and maybe gone again TD is either an idiot or a genius.

But glad power is back on I have lots of friends in Florida and this year has not been fun.

True... we've been getting them at work alot. Each workstation and office is protected with a UPS (uninterupter power supply) so thats good. I'd like to get one for my home PC, but my stuff here just isnt important enough.

51679[/snapback]

If you get a surge protector make sure you get one that you can plug your phone lines into. I lost a computer one time when a lightning bolt struck nearby (yes it was that close) and I took a spike through the phone line for my modem. You wont think your stuff is important enough until it's toasted.

One other option is a whole house surge supressor.  Little bit more in cost, but covers everything.

http://www.dulley.com/docs/f760.htm

http://www.squared.com/us/products/surge_p...kerplushome.htm

http://www.smarthome.com/4860.html

51887[/snapback]

Along those lines, call your local electric company and see if they offer to install for you (for a price). Xcel Energy used to, but recently cancelled it before I could jump on it. Apparantly it's cheaper than doing it yourself (or hiring an independent contractor).

CW

Welcome back!  Being without power that long sucks -we were out after Isabel last year, but I can't imagine what you folks have been through.

-Milloy is still out.

Now you're up to speed!  Again, welcome back, glad to hear you were (relatively) unscathed.  Inconvenienced for sure, but unscathed all the same. :lol:

51667[/snapback]

How could you forget to tell him that JP "OurSavior" Losman is running again! ;)

How could you forget to tell him that JP "OurSavior" Losman is running again! ;)

51904[/snapback]

Good point.

I also neglected to add that despite the protests of the 4 out of 5 dentists who recommend sugarless gum for their patients who chew gum, JP prefers Bubble Yum.

One other option is a whole house surge supressor.  Little bit more in cost, but covers everything.

http://www.dulley.com/docs/f760.htm

http://www.squared.com/us/products/surge_p...kerplushome.htm

http://www.smarthome.com/4860.html

51887[/snapback]

Or, get an automatic backup generator for your entire home.

Generac Power Systems

-Milloy is still out.

Now you're up to speed!  Again, welcome back, glad to hear you were (relatively) unscathed.  Inconvenienced for sure, but unscathed all the same. :devil:

51667[/snapback]

Thanks, that was quite an update. Maybe the line will finally play like they have something to prove.Lawrence Smith our savior? I sure hope so. Thanks again everyone!