Brett Favre is such a butt plug

I agree. Aikman and Young had enough sense to leave when it was time...Fav-ra should do the same. And yes, I know TA and SY had multiple concussions. They still had enough sense to see when their play might hurt their teams instead of help. I don't see the Packers going anywhere this year or next.

One thing I know though, they're going down week 9! :(

BS...I'm not gonna blame Favre on this one. People act like Brett has all the power to do whatever he wants. He doesn't.

This situation could be solved in an instant if the Packers FO decided to sac up and tell Favre he is no longer in their plans. It is unbelievable (to me) that people think the Packers have to "put up with his indecision." They don't. If he is indeed hurting the team rather than helping by playing every Sunday, than this shouldn't even be an issue. Tell him thanks for the memories, good luck on the golf course or with another team.

Furthermore, I don't fault Brett for wanting to keep playing. This whole "know when your time is up sh--" is ridiculous to me. He wants to keep playing...power to him. It is not up to him if he can he keep playing.

And on a side note - I understand the Packers organization is caught in a tough sport because getting rid of a legend never goes over very well with the fans. But see how long the cheeseheads line up behing Brett if/when the Pack pick in the top 5 again next April.

sounds like the rest of the NFl has to deal with brett's bullcrap next offseason too. Give it up already and retire fav-ra. Maybe another 30 INT's this season will halpe change your mind.

ESPN is also tards for feeling the need to repot this on their front page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2435739

685856[/snapback]

But on the plus side, Favre now holds the record for the longest running portrayal of Hamlet...

Wife won't let me eat hamlet, says the little piggies are mistreated, kept in stalls where they can't turn around and such.  Damn her.

686251[/snapback]

Why would they want to turn around? Food in front, poop in back...or do they like to check their work before they flush?

Why is this information that we need to know? Please. layoff the guy. He's had to deal with more off field issues with family stuff of a serious nature (the past 3 yrs.) than many people have to deal with in a lifetime. The "trooth" is, each of us should know when the right time is for us to retire. If we don't, then, that decision may rest in the hands of someone else.

He's a good guy, a good FB player, and he's deserving of a lot more respect than he's been given over the past few months. GB drafted a QB last year. If they have a problem with Favre, deal with it and move on... it doesn't get more simple than that.

Why is this information that we need to know? Please.  layoff the guy.  He's had to deal with more off field issues with family stuff of a serious nature (the past 3 yrs.) than many people have to deal with in a lifetime. The "trooth" is, each of us should know when the right time is for us to retire.  If we don't, then, that decision may rest in the hands of someone else.

686260[/snapback]

But still...he's no Tedy Bruschi.

BS...I'm not gonna blame Favre on this one.  People act like Brett has all the power to do whatever he wants.  He doesn't.

This situation could be solved in an instant if the Packers FO decided to sac up and tell Favre he is no longer in their plans.  It is unbelievable (to me) that people think the Packers have to "put up with his indecision."  They don't.  If he is indeed hurting the team rather than helping by playing every Sunday, than this shouldn't even be an issue.  Tell him thanks for the memories, good luck on the golf course or with another team.

Furthermore, I don't fault Brett for wanting to keep playing.  This whole "know when your time is up sh--" is ridiculous to me.  He wants to keep playing...power to him.  It is not up to him if he can he keep playing.

And on a side note - I understand the Packers organization is caught in a tough sport because getting rid of a legend never goes over very well with the fans.  But see how long the cheeseheads line up behing Brett if/when the Pack pick in the top 5 again next April.

685866[/snapback]

Good call Bart, I agree with all of the above. The Packers as an organization need to do what's best for them to win a Super Bowl. They hold all the cards, and yet Favre is the one 'holding them hostage' with his indecision. I remember watching Jimbo throwing picks like a madman his last season in Buffalo...It was tough to watch. While it was sad to see him go, it was time to move on. As a Packer fan, I would hate to watch a Favre's skills deteriorate through another season of 25+ INTs.

At the same time, Favre has every right to take his time and make a decision, so long as the organization is going to allow it. If they let him waver, he's going to waver and take all the time in the world. He's earned his place in NFL lore- and it's his right to 'drink every drop.' There's something to be said for bowing out gracefully, but there's also something to be said for playing until you absolutely don't have it in you anymore. Once he retires, he's not coming back, so he might as well make darned sure he's gotten every ounce out of his body that he could.

Young and Aikman are not fair comparisons either. Both had serious head injuries on multiple occasions, and both stepped right into TV analyst roles. Maybe Favre has no interest in TV commentary. Maybe the guy just wants to play football.

Uh, I never said Losman was a bust.

686252[/snapback]

Not saying you directly said he was. You had just implied by saying Favre had no one around him last year we shopuldn't judge his play based on that. Yet many people here are willing to judge JP and call him a bust when he really didn't have much more around him either (well he did have some talent when they wanted to play for him)

sounds like the rest of the NFl has to deal with brett's bullcrap next offseason too. Give it up already and retire fav-ra. Maybe another 30 INT's this season will halpe change your mind.

You'd better not let JP hear you say that stuff about Favre. :angry:

No wonder Nall jumped ship in Green Bay. My god if he pulls this crap next year i will find him and retire him myself - if you know what i mean - because this is just nonsense. He is becoming a joke in this league.

Not saying you directly said he was. You had just implied by saying Favre had no one around him last year we shopuldn't judge his play based on that. Yet many people here are willing to judge JP and call him a bust when he really didn't have much more around him either (well he did have some talent when they wanted to play for him)

686316[/snapback]

Ah. JP hasn't impressed much, but he took a few steps in the right direction last year despite a lousy situation. Even so, he hasn't really had much of a chance.

But, he was 1 dropped pass below 50% completions, so cut him. :angry: