i hate to say it but mcgahee

Never mind the absurdity of the cringe-worthy comments like claiming he was better than LT. This guy never puts in the extra effort, doesn't seem to give a damn if we win or lose, and now decides he doesn't need to go to the last two voluntary camps, and is (maybe--but his "i thought the Bills played in NYC" comment gives one pause) one IQ point above Travis Henry. I know what era we are in, but when a team pays you first round money to sit out your first year with your bum knee, you would hope that there would be more loyalty even in this day and age. Also, did he seem slow last year? If and when the o-line situation is ever resolved I say we trade him for a more team-oriented guy.

Ok i feel better for venting.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all mcgahee had the worst o-line in the nfl last year, period, especially run blocking! maybe the texans had the worst pass blocking,lol. secondly mcgahee had a inexperienced qb which means he probably made the wrong calls on the run schemes which means mcgahee's 1250 was pretty damn good, lets not count how he was banged up towards the end of the year or how there was nothing to play for either! willis mcgahee is not the problem or anything close to it. the problem is the o-line and the qb because of their incompetency. until the o-line has adequate play and the o-line plays consistently then we will continue to be pretenders! losman is hardly the problem when u are a rookie and u have 2 seconds to throw the ball, give me a !@#$ing break. willis mcgahee is a top 5 or ten runner after the knee injury so i would call him a plus. what our we going to do draft another runner. he is fine if not spectacular! u dont understand the true problem. stop worrying about willis mcgahee who 20 other teams want and wish they didnt pass up.

the kid is everything u want in a rb. speed power explosiveness and moves. not to mention his sick accleration for his size! if willis mcgahee ever recaptures his true acceleration and 2nd gear he will be the next walter payton!!! :P

the kid is everything u want in a rb. speed power explosiveness and moves. not to mention his sick accleration for his size!  if willis mcgahee ever recaptures his true acceleration and 2nd gear he will be the next walter payton!!! :P

685193[/snapback]

Havent seen the speed yet, but I'm waiting.

C'mon T-bone. Our line sucked last year! Give the guy a chance. Two years ago he was the second coming and now you want him off the team? Yes, I would like him to show some more enthusiasm but you can't blame him for going through the motions on a piss poor team. We sucked last year. Just wait until the season starts and then you'll be going to get your # 21 jersey.

I think the point of this topic is not about his ability as an RB, but more his attitude and intelligence, and I agree 100%. Willis is a dumb ass if you ever watch his interviews, and the proclomation of being better than LT was just plains stupid. I am a huge Willis fan, but you need to see him for what he is. In terms of ability I think hes got just about as much as any running back in the league, and our line was terrible last year so I expect more out of him this year with the two upgrades we brought in with Fowler, Reyes, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Brad Butler starting at RT with Jason Peters moving to LT at some point in the season.

Never mind the absurdity of the cringe-worthy comments like claiming he was better than LT.

685188[/snapback]

I have to imagine you don't pay very close attention to details.

He did not call a press conference to make this announcement. He didn't say it while walking the sidelines, thumping his chest after a five yard TD run. McGahee was asked by a reporter who he thought was the best RB in the game. Period. As is typical for a young person who is surrounded by people jacking his ego up all the time, he told them what he tells himself. He didn't say "I'm better than LT," though that is how you've chosen to interpret what was being reported by people who chew on soundbites for a living.

Christ, it's bad enough when I have to hear Randy Cross refer to him as the "self-proclaimed best back in football," but when a Bills fan takes it out of its Hot Pocket context, it becomes brutally tiresome.

You'd think being a Bills fan you'd pay closer attention.

Attitude and committment to the team is a huge thing---especially in the eyes of your teammates. Clements cuts away from a vacation to come back to Buffalo to practice. McGahee likes to hang out in South Beach and work out hard in Miami but not come back to practice. Do you think the Patriots veterans put up with that type of stuff? Brady (the best QB in the league) doesn't go back to California to hang out and work out. He goes back to the exciting town of Foxboro Massachusetts to work out with his team and stay committed to winning. He is at that stadium 6:15 every moring to work-out. That says something to the rest of your teammates about professionalism and your dedication to the team! It also makes others come in and see the importance of it.

Never mind the absurdity of the cringe-worthy comments like claiming he was better than LT.  This guy never puts in the extra effort, doesn't seem to give a damn if we win or lose, and now decides he doesn't need to go to the last two voluntary camps, and is (maybe--but his "i thought the Bills played in NYC" comment gives one pause) one IQ point above Travis Henry.  I know what era we are in, but when a team  pays you first round money to  sit out your first year with your bum knee, you would hope that there would be more loyalty even in this day and age.  Also, did he seem slow last year? If and when the o-line situation is ever resolved I say we trade him for a more team-oriented guy.

685188[/snapback]

I'm curious what your opinions were when we drafted him.

Never mind the absurdity of the cringe-worthy comments like claiming he was better than LT.  This guy never puts in the extra effort, doesn't seem to give a damn if we win or lose, and now decides he doesn't need to go to the last two voluntary camps, and is (maybe--but his "i thought the Bills played in NYC" comment gives one pause) one IQ point above Travis Henry.  I know what era we are in, but when a team  pays you first round money to  sit out your first year with your bum knee, you would hope that there would be more loyalty even in this day and age.  Also, did he seem slow last year? If and when the o-line situation is ever resolved I say we trade him for a more team-oriented guy.

685188[/snapback]

I`m with you on this . There is no I in team .What a thug. :w00t:

Did we have other needs when we drafted Willis? Seems to me we had a very good back who loved being a Bill in Travis Henry. I like Willis in a lot of ways but when his contract is up do you think he wants to stay in Buffalo? His committment so far appears a bit sketchy.

Did we have other needs when we drafted Willis?  Seems to me we had a very good back who loved being a Bill in Travis Henry.  I like Willis in a lot of ways but when his contract is up do you think he wants to stay in Buffalo?  His committment so far appears a bit sketchy.

685299[/snapback]

See that's my problem right there. Granted, Henry was a poor decision maker and had problems off the field (as his many critics will point) but he worked his butt off. Plus, he grew up loved the Bills and loved being here. Now, I like Willis alot and certainly believe he's a good player. But I think he is more in love with being a famous football player as evidence by him doing all these silly shows. I'm not saying he doesn't work hard. But his attitude has changed from that guy who was coming off the knee injury and trying to show the world he was back. So this attitude of not showing up to voluntary camp is just really ticking me off. News flash Willis. You're not the best back in the league. You're not even better than Travis Henry.

Travis Henry (2nd year)

2002 Buffalo Bills 16 16 325 1438 4.4 34 13 10 72

Willis (best year)

2005 Buffalo Bills 16 15 325 1247 3.8 27 5 4 71

And for those who think Henry couldn't break a long run, Henry's long is 64. Willis is 41. I don't want people to think I have a something against Willis. I just really liked Henry and defintiely think he was very underappreciated (and very disrespected by fans). Willis is a good football player but I think his selection is the perfect summary of the the TD era. He makes a great trade with Atlanta and gets a first round pick. Rather than select a lineman on either side of the ball, he goes for a guy who can't help us for a year and alienates one of the better players on our time. Flash over substance. So Willis please cut the crap and become a leader. That being said, here's hoping for 1,800 yards and 10 tds. :w00t: Sorry for the rant, Go Sabres!!! :lol:

685188[/snapback]

McGahee looked scary bad for long stretches last year, our offensive line be damned - his performance wouldn't have been acceptable if we were starting the University of Buffalo offensive line last year. The possibility that McGahee might not be very good keeps this Bills fan up at night - our success really rides on McGahee panning out (well, that and our QB panning out.)

JDG

hey biscuit, henry had a very good run blocking unit in jennings brown and williams. who has willis had-gandy, tucker, anderson and villarial to replace those guys. also henry is 5-9 210-215. give me a !@#$ing break how henry is in the same league as willis! not to mention that willis doesnt fumble 20 TIMES A YEAR.LOL also willis led the league in 20 yard runs 2 years ago behind a crappy o-line, he had a 51 yard td called back vs the rams in 04, a 68 yard screen pass called back and a great 31 yard burst vs the dolphins were if u download the highlights he shows great acceleration when almost outrunning morlon greenwood to paydirt!this past season he had a 50 and 54 yard run called back and one run vs the falcons that almost could have gone for 60 yds, willis has been unlucky with the whole his burst isnt back because he has no long runs. oh yeah the o-line sucks! TRY AND GET YOU ANALYSIS RIGHT DUMB ASS

THIS MIGHT BE WORTH MENTIONING ALSO, WILLIS IS IN MIAMI IN 100 DEGREE WEATHER, WORKING HIS ASS OFF. i just thought that might help out when others question his attitude and work ethic. !@#$ mini camp. that sh-- is for the rooks!

See that's my problem right there.  Granted, Henry was a poor decision maker and had problems off the field (as his many critics will point) but he worked his butt off.  Plus, he grew up loved the Bills and loved being here.  Now, I like Willis alot and certainly believe he's a good player.  But I think he is more in love with being a famous football player as evidence by him doing all these silly shows.  I'm not saying he doesn't work hard.  But his attitude has changed from that guy who was coming off the knee injury and trying to show the world he was back.  So this attitude of not showing up to voluntary camp is just really ticking me off.  News flash Willis.  You're not the best back in the league.  You're not even better than Travis Henry.

Travis Henry (2nd year)

2002 Buffalo Bills 16 16 325 1438 4.4 34 13 10 72

Willis (best year)

2005 Buffalo Bills 16 15 325 1247 3.8 27 5 4 71

And for those who think Henry couldn't break a long run, Henry's long is 64.  Willis is 41.  I don't want people to think I have a something against Willis.  I just really liked Henry and defintiely think he was very underappreciated (and very disrespected by fans).  Willis is a good football player but I think his selection is the perfect summary of the the TD era.  He makes a great trade with Atlanta and gets a first round pick.  Rather than select a lineman on either side of the ball, he goes for a guy who can't help us for a year and alienates one of the better players on our time.  Flash over substance.  So Willis please cut the crap and become a leader.  That being said, here's hoping for 1,800 yards and 10 tds.  :w00t:  Sorry for the rant, Go Sabres!!!  :lol:

685317[/snapback]

Great post Cbiscuit.