Stupidest idea I've heard in a while...

My brother's FTO last year called in the bomb squad when he saw a wristwatch lying on a backpack on a call they went to.

Is it just me or is everyone wound way too tight? Not to mention that a lot of people have very high opinions of themselves as high-value targets.

These people have never heard of useless saturation marketing? Use some fecking common sense.

Is it just me or is everyone wound way too tight? Not to mention that a lot of people have very high opinions of themselves as high-value targets.

685104[/snapback]

that's nothing new. i remember on 9/11 when the shiznit was hitting the fan, i was in an office in Norfolk which was evacuated for everyone's safety.

i thought it was kind of silly at the time as terrorists might be more interested in oh i dunno, those big ugly grey aircraft carriers, home of the atlantic surface fleet, an airforce base, a couple navy shipyards, a naval air station, international cargo terminal, or a bridge or 2 that if damaged could have disrupted said atlantic fleet and international cargo

but you never know, this office building could have been a vital target :P

Maybe I'm just an !@#$, but the first thing I thought of when I read the article was that if a terrorist group was really on the ball, they would have had a golden opportunity to cause some mayhem last weekend after all the 9-1-1 operators were presumably briefed to ignore calls about mysterious electronic "six inch long, two-and-a-half inch wide red plastic boxes -- connected to activator switches on the news rack doors". ;)

Yeah, I know, the word "Maybe" was redundant in that sentence.

Hence the reason I moved out of DC to quiet Western Mass. I got tired of unidentified incoming planes and don't go down corridor such and such because of a suspicious package outside room #@%#$. The ricin scare at Frist's office was nuts, they didn't even warn us and one of our guys who used that corridor as a cut through, ended up decontaminated and sent home in a paper jump suit. I came across two guys in full 3/4 inch thick space suits on an elevator and left quickly.

Lucky it was nothing, but after anthrax, I am done with that stupidity.

P.S. Don't ever go on cipro if you don't have to. Nasty anti-biotic.

On the upside, there's been at least one instance where an LA Times Newspaper dispenser was blown up. If could do that to ALL of the dispensers for this politically biased irresponsible liberal rag, then I can honestly say I'd pay to see MI:3.