Moving peters to LT will

That is the downside to the move. Will he be good enough to keep the job there or will we be locked into another high LT salary for a RT. That's why his agent refuses to sign the extension on the table from the Bills as they are gambling that is what the Bills are thinking of doing.

Late

That'd be fine by me if he can be a good LT that eliminates speed rushers without help. If we don't move Peters to LT, then eventually we'd have to pay Mike Gandy LT money. Good players get paid eventually and it's better to have them and pay them than to not have them at all.

That is the downside to the move. Will he be good enough to keep the job there or will we be locked into another high LT salary for a RT.  That's why his agent refuses to sign the extension on the table from the Bills as they are gambling that is what the Bills are thinking of doing.

Late

684585[/snapback]

He's a UDFA for two more years IIRC. If he's on the active squad, the Bills can pay the current money and he and his agent can squak all they like. Them's the union rules...

That is the downside to the move. Will he be good enough to keep the job there or will we be locked into another high LT salary for a RT.  That's why his agent refuses to sign the extension on the table from the Bills as they are gambling that is what the Bills are thinking of doing.

Late

684585[/snapback]

If the guy can be a solid LT, I don't see why we should have any problem paying the guy. Hopefully if they have a notion that he CAN play on the left side, then they should put him over there sooner rather than later. We already know what Gandy gives us, and we know that the upside of Peters is greater than that of Gandy, even though I believe Gandy is still a relatively young guy. If Peters can hold the fort and do a good job for us, then we're golden. Sign him long term, move Gandy to the right side, and we have a decent line.

Is that really your pre-draft mock for the Bills?

1.) Donte' Whitner--SS/FS, Ohio St.

1.) John McCargo--DT, N.C. St.

3.) Ashton Youboty--CB, Ohio St.

4.) Mark Anderson--DE, Alabama

5.) Ko Simpson--FS, South Carolina

5.) Barry Cofield--DT, Northwestern

6.) Montaivious Stanley--DT, Louisville

7.) Ryan LaCasse--DE, Syracuse

7.) Marcus Maxey--CB, Miami

And the problem with paying a player union scale for the position they're filling more adequately than anyone in the last 8 years is exactly what?

Sorry. I'd rather throw a bunch of bucks at him - IF he's the guy who'll stabilize that spot for the next ten years. I'm less interested in a "Bargain" there than I am in actual production. What? We're going to save a few thousand sheckles to throw at some more Wide Receiver types or a "Big Name" TE, FB or LB? after June 1? If there's a better LT candidate out there after 6/1/06 than Peters - sign him Marv and keep JP at RT and pay him cheap. Then watch him walk in two years - regardless of what you throw his way.

And the problem with paying a player union scale for the position they're filling more adequately than anyone in the last 8 years is exactly what?

Sorry. I'd rather throw a bunch of bucks at him - IF he's the guy who'll stabilize that spot for the next ten years. I'm less interested in a "Bargain" there than I am in actual production. What? We're going to save a few thousand sheckles to throw at some more Wide Receiver types or a "Big Name" TE, FB or LB? after June 1? If there's a better LT candidate out there after 6/1/06 than Peters - sign him Marv and keep JP at RT and pay him cheap. Then watch him walk in two years - regardless of what you throw his way.

684894[/snapback]

Excellent. The problem for some people here is that they feel we should not pay a player the going rate- if they have not heard his name mentioned we the elite names. If Peters proves he is the man after this season, he'll get paid- and then known throughout the league.