Whitner, McCargo and Youboty To Be Introduced

I think both Whitner and Youboty are well-spoken kids.  For some reason I pictured Youboty with an African accent but that couldn't further from the truth.

683941[/snapback]

Impressed with both of them. Particularly Ashton. Very mature kids -- all three of them in fact. They gave McCargo the chance to say he was under noticed because of Williams and Lawson and he used it as a positive..we worked as a team was his comment.

The exuberance of youth....all fine young men.

I think both Whitner and Youboty are well-spoken kids.  For some reason I pictured Youboty with an African accent but that couldn't further from the truth.

683941[/snapback]

WHat exactly is an African accent, and how would he have an African accent if he's from America... Just playin Devil's advocate... :blush:

WHat exactly is an African accent, and how would he have an African accent if he's from America... Just playin Devil's advocate... :blush:

683986[/snapback]

From Youboty's bio on the NFL media website:

Ashton was born in Liberia and moved to Philadelphia when he was four-years-old. He moved to Texas when he was in eighth grade and attended Klein High School, where he was a standout cornerback. Youboty recorded 60 tackles with three interceptions as a senior. He averaged over 10 yards per punt return as a junior. He also competed in track, recording a personal-best long jump of 22-feet. He finished second in the 100 and 200-meter dashes at the district track meet as a junior.

Perhaps you were unaware of his background, although moving here at such a young age probably would've taken care of the accent.

From Youboty's bio on the NFL media website:

Perhaps you were unaware of his background, although moving here at such a young age probably would've taken care of the accent.

683995[/snapback]

Thanks, I had known he was an immigrant but didn't know how long ago he came over.