Wow this video shows how bad...

Ok so if you look at this closely, there is a guard i think that is pulling and he completely misses the block, which allows lance briggs to terrorize WM. Who is # 70 last year...? Now it's tutan reyes but who WAS it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UBe-OigaOqE&sea...buffalo%20bills

683135[/snapback]

trey teague

trey teague

683138[/snapback]

well thank goodness he is gone then, i hope our replacement has slightly better ability.

also, in this next video, jon smith cant seem to find anybody to block...given this was one of those OBV playcalls he could have at least slowed vasher down a touch..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2_rxPVzkjWQ&sea...buffalo%20bills

Another example of addition by subtraction.

683143[/snapback]

I swear Mularkey found a stash of stupid pills last season and passed them out to the team while making certain the coaching staff had more than a fair share.

Another example of addition by subtraction.

683143[/snapback]

I wish I could say that Melvin Fowler was an upgrade. Unfortunately though, I think it will be more of the same. We will have a great defensive secondary, though. :doh:

hmm actually what I noticed on that is Lee Evans decides to ignore him Jonathan Smith didnt really have a chance not that he even tried but vasher ran by evans and then someone else before getting in there. There seemed to be a lot of confusion on the blocking aspect of that play.

I wish I could say that Melvin Fowler was an upgrade.  Unfortunately though, I think it will be more of the same.  We will have a great defensive secondary, though.  :doh:

683155[/snapback]

Fowler is a solid player, not a star, but solid. He has held his own whenever he has played. Some players get better with age, especially offensive linemen. He is rellay starting t enter his priem so maybe maybe McNally get get him to his peak.

Teague was not a center. Doesn't have the build for it, or the strength.

Ok so if you look at this closely, there is a guard i think that is pulling and he completely misses the block, which allows lance briggs to terrorize WM. Who is # 70 last year...? Now it's tutan reyes but who WAS it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UBe-OigaOqE&sea...buffalo%20bills

683135[/snapback]

You stole my avatar ya bastard :w00t:

hmm actually what  I noticed on that is Lee Evans decides to ignore him Jonathan Smith didnt really have a chance not that he even tried but vasher ran by evans and then someone else before getting in there. There seemed to be a lot of confusion on the blocking aspect of that play.

683157[/snapback]

Yhe comfusion on this particular with the blocking scheme on this particular play was probably contributed in part by this game film actually coming from a pre-season rather than a regular season game last year.

This certainly does not excuse the Bills play and there were a ton of regular season games where similar meltdowns by the Bills can be found, though this particular game featured no gameplanning for the defense faced and in general the defenses of both teams were way ahead of the Os in terms of performance.

My recollection is that even the Bills D which quickly proved to be a sieve against opposing offenses had a good outing (I think the Bears finally broke a big run late)this game.

Still pre-season is a good thing for assessing individual performances which is why Briggs should get props for a great read and react on this play.

As far as the Bills perhaps the problem hear with Teague was that he did not react anywhere near effectively when several different Bills (include a nice catch by you of WR faux pas) may have missed their assignments.

Teague struck me as a good athletic players when everyone else did their job, but he never was a player capable of making an outstanding play when other players broke down.

I'm ashamed that the Buffalo Bills actually paid this man a $2M roster bonus last year. Combined with his piss-poor technique of getting blown back by DTs, he showed several times that he would not stick up for his QB when he was getting chased down and pounded into the turf (esp. that play in the Atlanta game). Some people here are ragging on the OT we picked out of Virginnie for his temper, cheapshots, etc. Some might call it dirty; I call it making the opponent not want to get to the QB.

You stole my avatar ya bastard  :w00t:

683186[/snapback]

What the h--- is it?