Can we all agree on this

When the Bills are back, and they will be back, I believe sooner rather than later, can we all agree to remind Mort and his pin head side kick from ESPN to not bother visiting Buffalo to "get the scoop" on the Bills. Yes I understand that time will only tell as to the success of this years draft, but these "experts" from Bristol (and Seattle) can continue to take about how much more they understand the CBA and drafts than the Bills owner and there GM, but when it comes time to fawn over this team, and they will want to, can all just tell them to go to hell!

Deep breath....Thank you I feel better.

While we're at it, let's ban Fred Smerlas from visiting Buffalo too. He's spent the last three days on WEEI telling everyone that the Bills "are stupid" for not drafting Leinart, and that a loser city deserves a loser football team.

I swear I will bring a crowbar to RWS and personally pry his name of the Wall of Fame. He doesn't deserve to be honored by the Bills.

PTR

While we're at it, let's ban Fred Smerlas from visiting Buffalo too.  He's spent the last three days on WEEI telling everyone that the Bills "are stupid" for not drafting Leinart, and that a loser city deserves a loser football team.

I swear I will bring a crowbar to RWS and personally pry his name of the Wall of Fame.  He doesn't deserve to be honored by the Bills.

PTR

681660[/snapback]

Agreed. Smerlas somehow considers himself to be a Patriot. He is an idiot.

While we're at it, let's ban Fred Smerlas from visiting Buffalo too.  He's spent the last three days on WEEI telling everyone that the Bills "are stupid" for not drafting Leinart, and that a loser city deserves a loser football team.

I swear I will bring a crowbar to RWS and personally pry his name of the Wall of Fame.  He doesn't deserve to be honored by the Bills.

PTR

681660[/snapback]

Have I mentioned recently how much I despise Smerlas?

Just wondering. :D

PTR

681660[/snapback]

PTR, I don't always agree with you, but you are 100% dead right on this. I always thought Smerlas was an ass. I would read posts like yours, and think that you were exagerrating about what he said. Then, when they started streaming the Bob Matthews show out of Rochester, when Smerlas had his weekly segments, I heard it with my own ears...

He really seems to have an ax to grind with everything Buffalo, but will always kiss the individuals ass. He will say how much he respects Ralph Wilson, but then go and rip his franchise for just about anything it does. I can't believe this !@#$ is on the Wall of Fame. Maybe Ralph is just unaware. How do you figure that he can't forgive Lou Saban for quitting on him all these years later, but signs off on putting Smerlas, an ardent Bills basher, on the Wall.

Refresh my memory. What year did Smerlas go on the wall? I think it was TD's first year. Smerlas is an unabashed Donohoe backer, so I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with his venom, along with the fact that his buddy Haslett didn't get the Bills job. After the season was over, he was not only openly lobbying for Haslett to get the Bills HC job, but for himself to get a job with the Bills radion broadcast team, as the color commnetator. I can't even listen to the games on the radio, but I am greatful he didn't get the job....

Somebody should tell the turd that TD was the one who drafted Losman, the target of a lot of Smerlas' bile during this past season. No other team (and there were 9 others) was bending over backwards to name Haslett their head coach.

Smerlas was a very good player, on my all-time favorite Bills teams (Knox-era) so I give him a pass...but if somebody started a petition to get him off the wall, I would sign it.