The debates tonight!! !@#$!!!

stevestojan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before, NOTHING Bush could say (or read from what someone else wrote) could compell me to vote for him. Thus, I have NO reason to watch.

So, I'd rather veg out and watch a stupid reality show.

51186[/snapback]

I don't think anyone is really questioning your desire or right to do that, but unless I'm mistaken you are also tossing out the idea that anyone not already voting for Kerry is a simple minded idiot. There's also some flavor in there that since you don't want to watch them no one should get to, because it interferes with regular programming. Am I off base here?

And by the way...I just love the "I've made up my mind, I don't need to be informed" attitude.

America...here sits your future...  :huh:

51196[/snapback]

You think I would get informed by watching the debate??? hahahahahhahaha

what a great (moronic, but great) way to look at politics.

hahaha

I hope to GOD people don't base their vote on what they see tonight. How about we vote on how President Bush has done so far? I do not particularly like Kerry, but man, he can't be worse that Bush. Like I said, lesser of two evils.

But you mean to tell me the future is at stake because people don't base their votes on tonight's debate? Oh boy! Thats GOOD stuff. hahaha

good point DC.

Even though whoever is working for the Donald probably won't change my tax bracket.

51199[/snapback]

I only noted it because, when I first read your post, I honestly thought you WERE talking about the debate. Took a minute for the "Apprentice" reference to kick in, as I don't watch that crap. When I want to watch reality, I look out the !@#$ing window...

I just don't get it......

Rather than watching what is a big decision for our country, A decision that will effect everyday life in America you need to/want to watch a reality show?

I work all day long why in Fvckin god's name would I go home to watch people compete for a job? Isn't that what we do all day long?

51176[/snapback]

I agree with you, Gant. But like stevestojan says...some people just want to veg because they already know what they need to know. They're of the mindset that they can learn nothing from watching the debate. Which is kinda what my sarcasm was about.

You think I would get informed by watching the debate??? hahahahahhahaha

what a great (moronic, but great) way to look at politics.

hahaha

I hope to GOD people don't base their vote on what they see tonight. How about we vote on how President Bush has done so far? I do not particularly like Kerry, but man, he can't be worse that Bush. Like I said, lesser of two evils.

But you mean to tell me the future is at stake because people don't base their votes on tonight's debate? Oh boy! Thats GOOD stuff. hahaha

51204[/snapback]

So you're so well-informed that you don't need any more information?

Okay, then...explain to me your candidate's overall position and policy on gay marriage and the Defense of Marriage Act.

I don't think anyone is really questioning your desire or right to do that, but unless I'm mistaken you are also tossing out the idea that anyone not already voting for Kerry is a simple minded idiot. There's also some flavor in there that since you don't want to watch them no one should get to, because it interferes with regular programming. Am I off base here?

51203[/snapback]

Yes, off base.

I don't think someone who watches is simple minded. At all. I do think however, that someone who bases their decision on who to vote for purely (or even partly) on tonights "debate" is VERY simple minded.

Come on. You either agree with what Bush has done (cringe) or you don't. This thing tonight is going to be so staged it's rediculous. Leaving the War out of this, I do not agree with Bush's stance on abortion, gay marriage, or sexual education in schools.

So, unless he pulls a 180 on some of his big topics, and does ALL of that tonight, I will be watching movies.

Okay, then...explain to me your candidate's overall position and policy on gay marriage and the Defense of Marriage Act.

51213[/snapback]

Kerry thinks gay marriage should be an issue left to the states, and not to be ammended in the Constitution.... what, is this a test???

Anyway, I said before, Im not overly excited about him, but you couldnt force me to vote for Bush.

51213[/snapback]

It's the same as Dick Cheney's position. And if people can't tell who my candidate is from that statement, maybe they do need to watch the debates. :huh:

Are you saying that you haven't made up your mind? :huh:

51200[/snapback]

No. But I am saying that I want all the information I can possibly get before I cast my vote...and even beyond casting my vote.

It's called "responsibility". You know...the difference between doing your own homework, or asking someone else to do it for you...

Like I said before, NOTHING Bush could say (or read from what someone else wrote) could compell me to vote for him. Thus, I have NO reason to watch.

So, I'd rather veg out and watch a stupid reality show.

51186[/snapback]

But there is that very remote chance that Kerry will actually tell us what he plans to do if elected. That may be reason to watch.

Yes, off base.

I don't think someone who watches is simple minded. At all. I do think however, that someone who bases their decision on who to vote for purely (or even partly) on tonights "debate" is VERY simple minded.

Come on. You either agree with what Bush has done (cringe) or you don't.  This thing tonight is going to be so staged it's rediculous. Leaving the War out of this, I do not agree with Bush's stance on abortion, gay marriage, or sexual education in schools.

So, unless he pulls a 180 on some of his big topics, and does ALL of that tonight, I will be watching movies.

51215[/snapback]

Well, if your not watching it how will you know? I don't think the idea is for people to make up their minds based on one debate-although a lot of Kerry supporters hopes that happens. The idea is to take all the little bits and pieces and fit them together prior to November. This is just another of the pieces. Even if it's scripted, the script should reflect the positions, at least somewhat. WWF at a podium might be more entertaining, but isn't going to get any real message out. This is the first opportunity for both of them-scripted or not-to share the floor. In this happy little TV sound bite society we live in, a position stated on Tuesday is forgotten by the other candidates position stated Friday. More difficult to make a comparisson.

Kerry thinks gay marriage should be an issue left to the states, and not to be ammended in the Constitution.... what, is this a test???

Anyway, I said before, Im not overly excited about him, but you couldnt force me to vote for Bush.

51219[/snapback]

Really? Supporting evidence? Voting record or public statements?

Seems someone isn't quite as informed as he thinks he is. Hope Survivor's a good one tonight... :huh:

I do not particularly like Kerry, but man, he can't be worse that Bush.

If you substitute Kerry's name with Shane Matthews and Bush's name with Bledsoe, I think that argument almost makes sense. But if you really believe that Kerry can't be worse than Bush, than you really should watch the debate tonight.

Sorry Kota, you douche, but I've made up my mind who I will be voting for. Watching him, or his opponent read scripted answers to scripted questions all while the TV cameras are "not allowed to show facial reactions of the other candidate" is not going to change my mind. I will be voting for the lesser of two evils, and even if Bush offers to come to my house and give me a reach around, I won't be swayed.

So, sorry if I would rather watch hot chicks in bikinis on some dumb reality show, but Im sure there are some simple minded folk like yourself who for some rediculous reason havn't made up their mind yet and can be swayed by scripted answers written by some pencil pusher in either candidate's campaign.

51126[/snapback]

Steve,

I made up my mind who I was voting for 8 years ago. I didn't vote for Bush then and I am not voting for him now.

No.  But I am saying that I want all the information I can possibly get before I cast my vote...and even beyond casting my vote.

It's called "responsibility".  You know...the difference between doing your own homework, or asking someone else to do it for you...

51225[/snapback]

Oh, I get it, responsibility. Like owning up to the fact that you turned foreign policy over over to neocon chickenhawks?

If that happens in the debates, I'm watching them for sure!

(Actually, I'm watching them anyway, even though I don't expect them to be any more meaningful than a campaign rally -- without the required loyalty oath.)

No.  But I am saying that I want all the information I can possibly get before I cast my vote...and even beyond casting my vote.

It's called "responsibility".  You know...the difference between doing your own homework, or asking someone else to do it for you...

51225[/snapback]

wow. that again. good defense.

My point is, I am 100% against Bush in many areas. So watching this debate won't do me any good.

Tonight, is he going to say he should have waited for UN Support to go into Iraq? Is he going to say he isnt going to try to bann gay marriage? Is he going to say that sexual education needs more funding and that abstinence isnt a viable option?

No. He's not.

And this particular post isnt intended to bring up the issues. My point is, I am at such odds with what he stands for that watching him answer prewritten questions with prewritten answers will not sway me.

That's all Tom.

Its not because I dont want to learn. Its not because I need help understanding. Its not because I dont do my homework.

Its the simple fact that this debate is televised mainly for backwoods morons who havnt followed politics at all, and need to pick someone quick, OR for people who are big supporters of either candidate. It should not be used by the average American to decide who to vote for. By now, they should be more informed than that.

Really?  Supporting evidence?  Voting record or public statements?

Seems someone isn't quite as informed as he thinks he is.  Hope Survivor's a good one tonight...  :huh:

51230[/snapback]

ahaha... I answered your question. You didnt even know they answer yourself. So whatever i said wasnt gonna be good enough. Tom, have fun watching the debate. Take notes, and then take those with you to the poles, so you can remember who read their answers better tonight.

haha

Its the simple fact that this debate is televised mainly for backwoods morons

51236[/snapback]

As opposed to "Survivor" or "The Apprentice"? Is this more of that intentional irony again?

And if you'd really done your homework, you'd know your candidates position on DOMA.