If we had to choose

If you had to choose between, on the one hand, a strong defense and a weak offense, and on the other, a weak defense and a strong offense, which would it be?

We all know what the answer should be--so no one should be complaining about the decision to go defense in this year's draft.

As I see it, we have a lot of young players on offense, some of whom might step up to the proverbial plate this year. Until we know what kind of players JP, Nall, Everett, Peters, Preston, Evans, McGahee, Parrish et al. are going to be, why start replacing them now with a Leinart or a Vernon Davis etc.?

Sure, we could use the OL help, but if I had to choose between a strong D and a strong O-line, I would always choose the former.

Hey, the O-line can't possibly get any worse this year, can they?

Umm, forget I said that, and knock on wood.

Donahoe started with defense too...

680677[/snapback]

Actually, he did, and he did a damn good job at that. What he failed at was building the offense. To some degree, he can't be blamed for Williams. But he can, perhaps, be blamed for Losman, McGahee, Parrish, Everett, and a few others. I happen to think the jury is still out on these players.

In fact, it would be a nice story if all of the above exploded into NFL stars, and Donahoe was recognized as the builder of that offense and given due credit.

Wishful thinking, of course, but stranger things have happened.

If you had to choose between, on the one hand, a strong defense and a weak offense, and on the other, a weak defense and a strong offense, which would it be?

680643[/snapback]

Since this is a rebuilding year, I would rather have a defense like a sieve then further ruin the career and future of my young QB who I'm trying to develop...

unless I didn't really care if said QB is the final answer or not. Then I'd go for what I know and what my HC knows, defense.

Actually, he did, and he did a damn good job at that.  What he failed at was building the offense.  To some degree, he can't be blamed for Williams.  But he can, perhaps, be blamed for Losman, McGahee, Parrish, Everett, and a few others.

680708[/snapback]

How can you blame TD for Everett getting hurt?

Actually, he did, and he did a damn good job at that.  What he failed at was building the offense.  To some degree, he can't be blamed for Williams. 

680708[/snapback]

I was reading this post and my initial reaction was total disbelief.

Are you kidding I thought, TD deserves total blame for Williams. It was this decision by TD to bring him on which totallty killed the Bills and totally demolished some very good work by him in other areas.

It wouldn't be so bad but he clearly had other alternatives and those other alternatives have a proven track record of success.

TD deserves total blame for a bad choice in going with Williams and this choice wa a disaster for the Bills. Even worse he seemed to make it due to his own fears.

Then I realized,, ohh you mean Mike Williams and not Greg Williams.

As Emily Latella would say...

never mind.

Would a bunch of rookie offensive linemen really save JP? I like the pick-ups of Reyes and Fowler. Do I think they will make the line unpenetrable? Of course not, but I feel that JP has enough talent around him on offense for the staff to evaluate his potential as a starter in this league.

Since this is a rebuilding year, I would rather have a defense like a sieve then further ruin the career and future of my young QB who I'm trying to develop...

unless I didn't really care if said QB is the final answer or not. Then I'd go for what I know and what my HC knows, defense.

680715[/snapback]

Well...I don't think there is any question the Bills are doing exactly as you said Rico and trusting what their HC knows 1st. And I definitely think it has something to do with a lack of Long Term faith in JP, Holcomb or Nall...I just think Marv and Jauron are saying "We'll see if someone steps up at QB." That's about it...I don't think there are ANY plans beyond 2006 for The Bills at QB...It's all up in the air now...

So in the meantime The New Bills Brass try to build a tougher, faster, more Talented Defense and hope the QB situation fixes itself in 2006...And if not Marv and Jauron will go get their QB in 2007, one way or another...

I think this draft was the final proof this is NOT a one year Plan...Not even close...Marv and Jauron are going to hope for the best this Season, and attack the Offensive side in 2007... :lol: