You all need to read this!

Tolstoy

To all those of you who are complaining about the Bill's draft, please try to follow this:

You are complaining that the Bills drafted badly today, not because the players they drafted won't turn out well (afterall, as you admit, no one knows how these players will turn out), but because the players did not represent "good value." In other words, the Bills could have had the same players by trading down.

Now I want you all to ask yourself one simple question:

What is the objective "value" standard that you are using to judge the worth of the players that we drafted?

Is it Kiper's mock draft? Kirwan's? Brandt's? Scouting Inc's? Some other organization that sells its rankings to the media?

On what grounds can you claim that these sources have a notion of a given player's value that is objectively better than the collective opinion of the football men in the Bills organization?

More to the point, on what grounds can you claim that any other NFL team uses these same sources to derive their notion of a given player's value?

Other teams rely on their own scouts for player rankings. If the Bills think a player is awfully good, don't you think it is possible that other teams feel the same way? Of course, with all the secrecy going on, the Bills don't know how other teams have players ranked. So from the Bills' perspective, it is entirely likely that other teams have also seen the same tape and combine workouts, and have arrived at the same opinion.

In other words, isn't it entirely possible that one or more teams other than the Bills had their eyes on the same players that we drafted? PUT SIMPLY, WHY DO YOU ASSUME THAT EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM IS FOLLOWING KIPER'S MOCK DRAFT?

To all those of you who are complaining about the Bill's draft, please try to follow this:

You are complaining that the Bills drafted badly today, not because the players they drafted won't turn out well (afterall, as you admit, no one knows how these players will turn out), but because the players did not represent "good value."  In other words, the Bills could have had the same players by trading down.

What is the objective "value" standard that you are using to judge the worth of the players that we drafted?

Is it Kiper's mock draft?  Kirwan's?  Brandt's?  Scouting Inc's?  Some other organization that sells its rankings to the media?

On what grounds can you claim that these sources have a notion of a given player's value that is objectively better than the collective opinion of the football men in the Bills organization?

More to the point, on what grounds can you claim that any other NFL team uses these same sources to derive their notion of a given player's value? 

Other teams rely on their own scouts for player rankings.  If the Bills think a player is awfully good, don't you think it is possible that other teams feel the same way?  Of course, with all the secrecy going on, the Bills don't know how other teams have players ranked.  So from the Bills' perspective, it is entirely likely that other teams have also seen the same tape and combine workouts, and have arrived at the same opinion.

In other words, isn't it entirely possible that one or more teams other than the Bills had their eyes on the same players that we drafted?  PUT SIMPLY, WHY DO YOU ASSUME THAT EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM IS FOLLOWING KIPER'S MOCK DRAFT?

677035[/snapback]

Wwe don't know for sure ! But Bunkley was there at 8th and we all saw the tape that he is a stud !

Soo Marv ? What tape did you see ? The Ring III ? Around my !@#$ ?

You are complaining that the Bills drafted badly today, not because the players they drafted won't turn out well (afterall, as you admit, no one knows how these players will turn out), but because the players did not represent "good value."  In other words, the Bills could have had the same players by trading down.

Is it Kiper's mock draft?  Kirwan's?  Brandt's?  Scouting Inc's?  Some other organization that sells its rankings to the media?

Other teams rely on their own scouts for player rankings.  If the Bills think a player is awfully good, don't you think it is possible that other teams feel the same way?  Of course, with all the secrecy going on, the Bills don't know how other teams have players ranked.  So from the Bills' perspective, it is entirely likely that other teams have also seen the same tape and combine workouts, and have arrived at the same opinion.

In other words, isn't it entirely possible that one or more teams other than the Bills had their eyes on the same players that we drafted?  PUT SIMPLY, WHY DO YOU ASSUME THAT EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM IS FOLLOWING KIPER'S MOCK DRAFT?

677035[/snapback]

Your theory won't fly, its based on logic and sense.

Wwe don't know for sure ! But Bunkley was there at 8th and we all saw the tape that he is a stud !

677048[/snapback]

you're not serious, are you? i think about 85 or 90 percent of the posters here had serious questions about bunkley and wouldnt have been happy if he was the pick. never mind that he lasted several picks past nbr. 8. so why was that, if he was such a slam dunk?

you're not serious, are you?  i think about 85 or 90 percent of the posters here had serious questions about bunkley and wouldnt have been happy if he was the pick.  never mind that he lasted several picks past nbr. 8.  so why was that, if he was such a slam dunk?

677095[/snapback]

Fan has been hanging out somewhere over the rainbow with Dorothy and Toto most of the evening.

677035[/snapback]

You yourself are making the assumption that the people who are complaining about the draft is based upon the value associated with their picks To the contrary, I believe many people are upset that the offensive line, arguably the Bills' greatest need, was not addressed.

677035[/snapback]

677048[/snapback]

Are you saying you are better than Marv in evaluating college prospects? When is the last time you worked for a pro football team?

Between Marv's and your evaluations, it's not hard to figure which one to trust?

PUT SIMPLY, WHY DO YOU ASSUME THAT EVERY OTHER NFL TEAM IS FOLLOWING KIPER'S MOCK DRAFT?

677035[/snapback]

Yes, and we had to go and screw up Kiper's big day. If only Ralph wasn't such a cheapwad and would fork over the cash for Mel's draft guide, everything would have fallen into place :)

Yes, and we had to go and screw up Kiper's big day.  If only Ralph wasn't such a cheapwad and would fork over the cash for Mel's draft guide, everything would have fallen into place :)

677163[/snapback]

holy sh--, that's it!!! ralph doesnt mind paying out the bucks he's required to due to the rookie scale, but he wont fork over the 5 bucks for the draft guide!!!! that cheap mother-f---er. We could have gotten the all important A from the gnomish, never laid nerd john clayton if ralph would have forked over the 5 bucks!!! my life would have changed!!! i would have been laid!!!! that cheap son of a b---- ralph is just angling to sell to l.a. anyway.

holy sh--, that's it!!!  ralph doesnt mind paying out the bucks he's required to due to the rookie scale, but he wont fork over the 5 bucks for the draft guide!!!!  that cheap mother-f---er.  We could have gotten the all important A from the gnomish, never laid nerd john clayton if ralph would have forked over the 5 bucks!!!  my life would have changed!!!  i would have been laid!!!!  that cheap son of a b----  ralph is just angling to sell to l.a. anyway.

677184[/snapback]

Wow...you didn't get laid?

Fewell must've been in Marv's ear all day. And that is not a bad thing. He was certainly very happy he got these three players handed to him on a golden platter.

Sure, I wanted to see the O-line addressed too but we are re-fortifying the defense against Brady and Culpepper, let's not forget that!

We will have to establish the running game as the primary tool for the offense. I think that is the only way to win games especially with the young QB's we have.

Are you saying you are better than Marv in evaluating college prospects? When is the last time you worked for a pro football team?

Between Marv's and your evaluations, it's not hard to figure which one to trust?

677158[/snapback]

It's more than Mel Kiper. It's ESPN's major bankroll that is 1000 times Ralphs bankroll that is laughing at Ralphs draft selsction.

You haven't passed out yet?

677202[/snapback]

You have 3 hours on me ! You havn't passed out yet ? Oh wait I'm the voice of reason ! F Head ! I've seen your pictures. I'm sure I can break my foot off in your ass hole and bust your head wide open ! You Turkey Deer shooting Gomer pile piece of sh-- red neck west of missispi, new york ass hole north of Saratoga Gomer pile Turkey shooting Butterball less !@#$ short of wegmans welfare applying from Walmart !

God help Anchor Bar franchises because the GM factories are closing. You Geico lizard sucking bastards.

You have 3 hours on me ! You havn't passed out yet ? Oh wait I'm the voice of reason ! F Head ! I've seen your pictures. I'm sure I can break my foot off in your ass hole and bust your head wide open ! You Turkey Deer shooting Gomer pile piece of sh-- red neck west of missispi, new york ass hole north of Saratoga Gomer pile Turkey shooting Butterball less !@#$ short of wegmans welfare applying from Walmart !

God help Anchor Bar franchises because the GM factories are closing. You Geico lizard sucking bastards.

677219[/snapback]

I know you're having a good time playing, but you are really running out of material.

Well, since you asked, I remember reading an article about the Dolphins, back when Jimmy Johnson was the GM. There was a defensive lineman Johnson was looking at, and he wondered if this lineman would be available when the Dolphins picked. So he had someone that worked for him buy as many different mock drafts as he could find, to get a better idea of when this player might be selected.

Say you were the GM of an NFL team, and you wanted to do a better job than any media outlet of predicting when specific players would be taken. How would you go about doing so?

In addition, many are disappointed that the offensive line was once again ignored on the first day of the draft. I know it's a new GM and he's off to a fresh start, but the neglect of the offensive line is a ten or fifteen year pattern that needs to be broken. I guess breaking that pattern will have to wait at least another year. :)

677133[/snapback]

The Bills adressed their offensive line needs with Tuten Reyes and Marvin Flower. These two with Chris Villarrial and Jason Peters solidify every position exept LT (the most important posistion.) Gandy did decent last year, and maybe Gibson is ready to step it up. McNally is the key. If he can form a good line this offense will be dangerous