Okay Stop with JP

BillsFanLevy

Ok I say this will a respect, but if you know anything about football then you wouldn't call for him yet. If you put a rookie in you are mailing in the season period, you are playing for a draft pick. I'm not ready to give up on the season or give up on Bledsoe. It's hard I agree they should be 2-0 but that is the way it happens sometimes. I'm focused on the Pats and they need to show me something just like all of you. I'm afraid that if JP was healthy everyone would be calling for him now, that's crazy. He's not healthy nor is he ready to compete at this level. He was a two year project when drafted, but now it's cut to at least a year so give that time. Now once they have no chance in the season and JP is healthy I agree get him in and see what he can do, but not until then. Bledsoe is our horse and we need to ride him and support that fact that he is all we have....and please don't say any garbage about Shane Matthews. Sorry I'm sick of people and the media putting a bullseye on Bledsoe's back, maybe I'm wrong but I JUST DREW IT...baby and this goes to Belicrack and the PATS :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

but if you know anything about football then you wouldn't call for him yet.

If you look cat WHO is calling for Losman to play, and qualify them in accordance with your statement above, you will find that your statement is absolutely correct.

They don't know crap about football.

Actually PACO and Co, I know quite a bit about football. If a person can be unbiased and look at the team then you will see we have no QB. Drew Bledsoe is done as an NFL starting calibre QB.

I am not going to get into some pissing match about this. This is fact. Don't believe me? look at his stats/ W-L record starting with his 9th Game as a Bill. No more Gilbride, Greg Williams crap. Drew Bledsoe cannot hit an open man. He fails to see them, he fails to read defenses anymore at a starting NFL level.

So while saying "Just drew it" is cute and all, it's not realistic. Drew is done.

Now here is the REALITY of the Bills situation, Losman needs to start ASAP. I agree he is green as hell, he is a rookie. That is why he MUST PLAY. bottom line folks we WILL suffer through growing pains with a new/young QB. It doesn't matter who he is. Cinci sat Carson Palmer all last year thinking that would help him. I watched him on sunday submarine a win for the Bungles due to no ON THE FIELD Experience.

The question is, do you want to get the kid about 8-10 games NOW or suffer through an entire season next year or the year after? Bledsoe will not take us to a superbowl. So now you have a decision to make. Personally I am the guy that goes and gets the shot overwith NOW so I can feel better more quickly. But that is just me.

Either way...We WILL have a long season when losman starts...you might as well prepare for it now. And please don't start the "he sucks" He's a bust" BS with the kid. ALL QB's take a while to get good.

I'm not ready to give up on the season or give up on Bledsoe.

Dude... I respect where you're coming from on this... I really do. However, I've got to tell you... Drew is the problem and JP is the cure. I'm telling you now that if Drew is at QB, you may as well as give up on the season. Defensive coordinators around the league know Drew's game and how to defend him. The margin for error for every player on offense while Drew is at QB is "nil" because he can't improv nor make quick and correct decisions. Continuing to play Bledsoe is going to literally cut the heart out of the players around him, if it hasn't already.

Now, onto JP. The kid is basically Fltuie with size and an arm. His comments re: the coach saying we're good and JP saying essentially, "yeah, right, we're good when we start playing good"... shows me that this kid is ready and wants to take this team on his shoulders. His infusion of enthusiasm, bravado, ability to improv will be infectious to this offense. The players around him will begin to have a bounce in their step, a swagger, an aura of confidence, and will reflect his personality. The defense will take a few more chances as well knowing that the offense can carry it's share of the load... and special teams will begin to get better.... and maybe even Lindell.

Believe me, JP will take the Bills farther than will Drew will... and this year. There are bumps in the road, of course. If Mularkey ain't willing to take the risk then he doesn't deserve to be a coach in this league. Tough and brazen decisions begin with the coach.... and who would have thought that a guy named Tom Brady, just going into his 2nd season as a pro would unseat Bledsoe as a starter, let alone take them to the SB?

Now, onto JP. The kid is basically Fltuie with size and an arm. His comments re: the coach saying we're good and JP saying essentially, "yeah, right, we're good when we start playing good"... shows me that this kid is ready and wants to take this team on his shoulders. His infusion of enthusiasm, bravado, ability to improv will be infectious to this offense. The players around him will begin to have a bounce in their step, a swagger, an aura of confidence, and will reflect his personality. The defense will take a few more chances as well knowing that the offense can carry it's share of the load... and special teams will begin to get better.... and maybe even Lindell.

He's also a rookie who missed more than six weeks of practice. He's never faced an NFL blitz, two deep zone, or man to man coverage. He's never audibled in an NFL game, he's never checked down to a receiver, and he's never managed a two minute drill in an NFL game.

JP is a the QB of the future for this team, but he's in for a long and painful learning curve. It's Mularkey's job to make sure that his learning curve in no way impacts any chance the Bills have for success this year.

The primary example of this going wrong is the Ravens. Imagine if that team had a halfway servicable veteren QB over the last couple of years instead of Kyle Boller. With a Trent Dilfer-like QB they would be a Super Bowl favorite. Instead the team is forced to overcome mistakes caused by their inexperienced, unproven young QB who is learning on the job.

Admittedly the threshold for bringing JP in is low right now. But if he does come in, it won't be to save THIS season, it will be to get him ready for next year.

He's also a rookie who missed more than six weeks of practice. He's never faced an NFL blitz, two deep zone, or man to man coverage. He's never audibled in an NFL game, he's never checked down to a receiver, and he's never managed a two minute drill in an NFL game.

So, what!!! Drew knows how do do all of them, but either doesn't do them or doesn't do them very well. You're still missing the point here... Drew Bledsoe will not get this team to .500 this year, let alone the playoffs in the best case scenario. And I guarantee you that. JP, at worst, will not get this team to .500 this year. What does the team gain by continuing to go with Bledsoe, and in the process, continue to piss off the ofensive player and certainly the fans. And JP has lost a great opportunity to gain experience in live action in a season in which the Bills are not going to the playoffs... unless JP takes them there. This team is not going to get better with Bledsoe in there....

So, what!!!  Drew knows how do do all of them, but either doesn't do them or doesn't do them very well.  You're still missing the point here... Drew Bledsoe will not get this team to .500 this year, let alone the playoffs in the best case scenario.  And I guarantee you that. JP, at worst, will not get this team to .500 this year.  What does the team gain by continuing to go with Bledsoe, and in the process, continue to piss off the ofensive player and certainly the fans.  And JP has lost a great opportunity to gain experience in live action in a season in which the Bills are not going to the playoffs... unless JP takes them there. This team is not going to get better with Bledsoe in there....

50922[/snapback]

Look, you may be right, but I want it proven on the field that the Bills will be that bad. I don't know where this team is headed right now, but I sure as hell don't expect them throw in the towel after 2 or 3 games.

This team can definitely get better around Bledsoe. McGahee and Evans can be given bigger roles. The D can tighten up the 3rd and 4th and long defenses. The DBs can generate more turnovers. The offensive line could still develop into a solid run blocking unit.

Adding an inexperienced rookie QB into the mix jeopardizes that development.

If after 9, 10. or 11 games the team is going nowhere, put Losman in and get him his reps.

But don't expect him to be able to turn things around this season. At this point of his career, that's expecting way too much.

So, what!!!  Drew knows how do do all of them, but either doesn't do them or doesn't do them very well.  You're still missing the point here... Drew Bledsoe will not get this team to .500 this year, let alone the playoffs in the best case scenario.  And I guarantee you that. JP, at worst, will not get this team to .500 this year.  What does the team gain by continuing to go with Bledsoe, and in the process, continue to piss off the ofensive player and certainly the fans.  And JP has lost a great opportunity to gain experience in live action in a season in which the Bills are not going to the playoffs... unless JP takes them there. This team is not going to get better with Bledsoe in there....

50922[/snapback]

But what are you actually advocating? Take JP off the injured list right now because Drew is so bad even though he and every one else knows he is not healed yet (even being ahead of schedule), much less ready to play even if he was ready to be made active.

I think not (though correct me if I'm wrong).

I think virtually every one agrees that:

1. Bring JP along as his medical condition allows. He should not be made active until he is physically ready to be active. Whe he is made active, practice will be the first and only thing for him to do.

2. He should be placed on depth chart based on how he practices. This is as our disaster QB until he proves to be a better bet for the team and his development as the back-up. He should neither be promoted quicker than he shows to be our back-up, not is matthews so good that if he immediately shows that he has the talent to be better as our back-up should his progress be restricted.

I don't know anyone who advocates that JP be expected to gain the most for his development from soending time with Sam Wyche as i do or even those who foolishly want to rush him in as our starter who see a different course of action for the Bills in either case.

JP should be brought along as quickly as the reality of medicine allows. That reality will not even allow him to be an active player who is able to be our disaster QB for a few weeks at best.

When JP is made active, reality will determine how quickly he can contribure to the team and by that time we will know a lot more about the state of the Bills season and the state of Bledsoe's play.

For now, the best and only thing for JP to do is to get his physical condition as good as it can be and to study like a demon.

But what are you actually advocating? Take JP off the injured list right now because Drew is so bad even though he and every one else knows he is not healed yet (even being ahead of schedule), much less ready to play even if he was ready to be made active.

No, no! I've already gone on record twice stating that my belief is that Losman will start against the Rams on 11/21. I don't think he should start before he's physically ready to and before having at least 3 weeks of practice. I also think that if he's ready to play by 10/17, they should get him a few snaps in each game.

Now here is the REALITY of the Bills situation, Losman needs to start ASAP.

50633[/snapback]

Given the constant flip-flopping of your opinions I'd have to question your tenuous hold on REALITY. You keep typing the word in caps as if the louder you say your opinion the more likely it is to be REAL!

The REALITY is that you're always going to be wrong and always going to be right, because you'll always be on both sides of an issue...it all depends on what day/week it is. People might start listening to your opinions on football more if you had the same one for at least 4 straight weeks…

Dude... I respect where you're coming from on this... I really do.  However, I've got to tell you... Drew is the problem and JP is the cure.  I'm telling you now that if Drew is at QB, you may as well as give up on the season.  Defensive coordinators around the league know Drew's game and how to defend him.  The margin for error for every player on offense while Drew is at QB is "nil" because he can't improv nor make quick and correct decisions.  Continuing to play Bledsoe is going to literally cut the heart out of the players around him, if it hasn't already. 

Now, onto JP.  The kid is basically Fltuie with size and an arm.  His comments re: the coach saying we're good and JP saying essentially, "yeah, right, we're good when we start playing good"... shows me that this kid is ready and wants to take this team on his shoulders.  His infusion of enthusiasm, bravado, ability to improv will be infectious to this offense.  The players around him will begin to have a bounce in their step, a swagger, an aura of confidence, and will reflect his personality.  The defense will take a few more chances as well knowing that the offense can carry it's share of the load... and special teams will begin to get better.... and maybe even Lindell.

Believe me, JP will take the Bills farther than will Drew will... and this year.  There are bumps in the road, of course.  If Mularkey ain't willing to take the risk then he doesn't deserve to be a coach in this league.  Tough and brazen decisions begin with the coach.... and who would have thought that a guy named Tom Brady, just going into his 2nd season as a pro would unseat Bledsoe as a starter, let alone take them to the SB?

50744[/snapback]

DeeRay...

No....JPL is NOT Flutie with better abilities.....why? E.X.P.E.R.I.E.N.C.E.......

WHen JPL comes in and throws 3 picks in a game will you fall off the wagon as quickly as you hopped on?

The facts are this:

- JPL is not healthy yet....so the whole conversation is moot

- JPL should be FULLY recovered before he even sees the field

- JPL when he does come on will make big plays....he will also be the cause of big plays against us while he learns......

I have no problem with JPL being on the field this year under the right situations....mop up duty.....or if Drew B. gets hurt.....

I have no problem with JPL being on the field this year under the right situations....mop up duty.....or if Drew B. gets hurt.....

51143[/snapback]

I'd also add to that I have no problem with him coming in this season if the season gets out of hand and it's obvious we're not going to the playoffs (which an 0-2 start isn't that time). Once we've lost 8 games and JP is fully healed it's time to prepare for next year, but not before then.

51143[/snapback]

I also have no problem with JP being on the field

if Shane Matthews proves to be ineffective.

Guest Guesteroo
Ok I say this will a respect, but if you know anything about football then you wouldn't call for him yet.  If you put a rookie in you are mailing in the season period, you are playing for a draft pick.  I'm not ready to give up on the season or give up on Bledsoe.  It's hard I agree they should be 2-0 but that is the way it happens sometimes.  I'm focused on the Pats and they need to show me something just like all of you.  I'm afraid that if JP was healthy everyone would be calling for him now, that's crazy.  He's not healthy nor is he ready to compete at this level.  He was a two year project when drafted, but now it's cut to at least a year so give that time.  Now once they have no chance in the season and JP is healthy I agree get him in and see what he can do, but not until then.  Bledsoe is our horse and we need to ride him and support that fact that he is all we have....and please don't say any garbage about Shane Matthews.  Sorry I'm sick of people and the media putting a bullseye on Bledsoe's back, maybe I'm wrong but I JUST DREW IT...baby  and this goes to Belicrack and the PATS  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

50587[/snapback]

I totally disagree. How much worse could our offense be with Losman? It has NOWHERE to go but up! We're averaging 10 pts. a game on offense and you're talking like you're afraid to bring in a rookie QB because he might "mess it up."

Well, this just in. . . It's messed up as it's going to get already! Also, JP looked very much in control of the offense in the preseason. Granted that is vanilla defenses. But, what if he can provide a spark? Any way you slice it, I bet we'd at least average the 10 pts. a game with JP in there as we do now. We have nothing to lose and we might be pleasantly surprised.

Guest Guest_billsrule_*

If you put in JP now, arn't you really playing for Dallas' draft pick? Anyway, JP is freaking great and I think the sooner he gets in the sooner we will see that he was the best QB in the 2004 draft. We need to get the triplets (JP, Willis, and Lee) on the field ASAP. Then, watch out Patriots!

I am right there with you, Guesteroo. We need JP in there now. Bledsoe can't avoid the rush because he weighs 238. 238! He has too much bulk to avoid the rush. JP is a slim 217; nimble and quick. We need all of our triplets on the field now. NOW!

I totally disagree. How much worse could our offense be with Losman? It has NOWHERE to go but up! We're averaging 10 pts. a game on offense and you're talking like you're afraid to bring in a rookie QB because he might "mess it up."

Well, this just in. . . It's messed up as it's going to get already! Also, JP looked very much in control of the offense in the preseason. Granted that is vanilla defenses. But, what if he can provide a spark? Any way you slice it, I bet we'd at least average the 10 pts. a game with JP in there as we do now. We have nothing to lose and we might be pleasantly surprised.

51376[/snapback]

Ummmm, I guess you didn't see what happened to the Dolphins when they put the "kid" in, and he has actually played before....it can get worse.

Guest Guest_billsrule_*

Come on Dan, he was a Dolphin. We have JP. We have got to put our triplets on the field. JP is a slender 217 and can scramble. Scrambling is good because you don't get tackled as much.

I heard the JP can punt. If he is even an average punter, he could get some snaps that way. Plus, at 217 pounds, he is very nimble and quick. I think we could run some fake punts and really get some mileage out of him.